• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Does any of you have a heart condition

yes, i've spent the last 3 years trying to learn how to react to stress.... and the past half hour unbelievably wound up. so its a work in progress. have you tried meditation? i don't find it works to destress me, but when i have a regular practice, i am much better at not reacting to stress.
and thank you. i'll get my diagnosis in january. they are starting to think it may be more something with my throat, cos my actual lung function is fine. i guess that's kinda better, maybe?
I meditate most days with the "Calm" app. Fingers crossed for your diagnosis, considering that you were worried about your lungs because of your smoking the fact that they are fine is positive 🤗

Don’t feel embarrassed, a GP will give you an honest answer. Smoking weed isn’t the worst thing in the world at all and nor is drinking. You are best to speak to your GP and he/she will respect your honesty.
Stimulants with a heart condition are a no go. I’m sorry you’ve had a shit time!
Mindfulness apps are a good thing to look into. Daily meditation is great also! It sounds super cliche but the more you do it the easier it gets. Yoga is a great relaxing exercise that combines the mind and body with breath work. You can find some great tutorials on YouTube for free.
As said it could have been a lot worse, at first I was annoyed, as in "I don't need this" but now I'm grateful for being able to do most things as before. As I was saying to Chinup, I practice mindfulness with the Calm app most days. I used to enjoy Ashtanga yoga at a beginner-intermediate level but vigorous exercise involving full body weight is in the "avoid" list, but there are more relaxing forms of yoga to try. Thank you for the recommendations :)

I quite like Kassandra's yoga channel on you tube. Takes a while to get into and you might not get what you were expecting, but I'm quite enjoying it after a couple of months.
Just had a look at her 10-minutes morning routine, I like her! Feeling very stiff actually because I haven't done any exercise for so many weeks now, will try it at the weekend. Love the studio a bit rough on the edges, with the exposed electric cables and the cheap sideboard also, thank you 👍🧘‍♀️

I knew Genesis P Orridge very well (in their Psychic TV days) use to record in the same studio as us and I went to umpteen gigs and played with them at some.
I don't think that's the kind of G.P. being referred to ;) Very cool that you got to play with PTV none the less. Which studio?

Someone posted a vid of Throbbing Gristle the forerunner to PTV - a few studuios inc Vons, Camden lock plus saw them live and played dozens of times shame he died a few years ago but he had gone completely nloopy by then!

Hey @Safrolette how are you recovering? Well I hope!
I'm recovering well so far, thank you 😘
Had a cardiology visit before Christmas, all good - the dissected artery was very peripheral and small, can walk faster and for longer distances, do the stairs quickly and run a few yards to catch the bus or a pedestrian green light without feeling those subtle chest pains.

Even enjoyed drinking and smoking a spliff a few times (sshhhhhh....🤫) not every week thou.

Feeling 'normal', thankfully, hopefully it will last 😊

From my experience, its the periods of abstinence when you notice what's wrong as your brain isnt pickled from drink and drugs and that they've just masked the symptoms for years and made it easier to ignore as 'nothing'. I'd deffo air on the side of caution, and just use your best judgement. Couple drinks later down line and occasional spliff prolly be fine, but I'm no doctor so take it with a grain of salt. Hope you feel better soon though

I’ve just had my first visit to a cardiologist. His initial assessment was i likely had Congestive Heart Failure - subject to confirmation by various upcoming tests. He did hold out some hope though that it he was wrong I most likely had Peripheral Venous Insufficiency.

Funny thing was, as much as I tried to convince him either was not entirely a surprise because of my previous years of IV amphetamine use, he pooh poohed that cause in favour of obesity, indolence, a shitty diet and, in all possibility, an acute reaction to mRNA vaccines.

I’m hoping it’s the veins and not the heart.

From my experience, its the periods of abstinence when you notice what's wrong as your brain isnt pickled from drink and drugs and that they've just masked the symptoms for years and made it easier to ignore as 'nothing'. I'd deffo air on the side of caution, and just use your best judgement. Couple drinks later down line and occasional spliff prolly be fine, but I'm no doctor so take it with a grain of salt. Hope you feel better soon though
Definitely, had several 'clean' weeks after the cardiac even then, after the assessment from the cardiologist and the confirmation that I could have the occasional drink or two I had a couple of glasses and a smoke around Christmas times, two or three times. Haven't had anything for three weeks now, there is always that lingering low-key anxiety in the background when being, shall we say, mildly naughty, at least at the start before the tipsiness takes over.

Yes I had a heart attack back in February 2010. I underwent an emergency triple heart bypass surgery. I was in the ICU for 9 days. So, it's been 12 years and I'm still here... 🙍‍♂️
Ah, sorry to hear that mate. What did you have to change in your lifestyle, if anything?

I’ve just had my first visit to a cardiologist. His initial assessment was i likely had Congestive Heart Failure - subject to confirmation by various upcoming tests. He did hold out some hope though that it he was wrong I most likely had Peripheral Venous Insufficiency.
Funny thing was, as much as I tried to convince him either was not entirely a surprise because of my previous years of IV amphetamine use, he pooh poohed that cause in favour of obesity, indolence, a shitty diet and, in all possibility, an acute reaction to mRNA vaccines.
I’m hoping it’s the veins and not the heart.
Have you been prescribed a coronary angiography? That's the standard exam for assessing the coronary system health. Where do you live, I hope you have access to adequate and free or cheap healthcare? We tend to take the NHS for granted in the UK and, although the system is not 100% perfect we are privileged compared to most countries actually.

Have you been prescribed a coronary angiography? That's the standard exam for assessing the coronary system health. Where do you live, I hope you have access to adequate and free or cheap healthcare? We tend to take the NHS for granted in the UK and, although the system is not 100% perfect we are privileged compared to most countries actually.
We have basically free healthcare here, though for potentially life threatening issues I don’t mind paying extra to jump the queue and go private. I saved a three month wait by laying out about what I spend on drugs in a solid week long binge. It seemed like a better investment.

The angiography is Stage II because it is considered ‘invasive’. First up is Echocardiogram, Halter monitor, and Stress Test.

What did you have to change in your lifestyle, if anything?
I was on blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I stopped taking it in 2018 because I was depressed and had nothing to live for anymore. (Situation is still the same) Currently I'm not eating a healthy diet, I don't do any form of exercise, I smoke a lot of cigarettes but luckily I don't consume any alcohol.

Last edited:
We have basically free healthcare here, though for potentially life threatening issues I don’t mind paying extra to jump the queue and go private. I saved a three month wait by laying out about what I spend on drugs in a solid week long binge. It seemed like a better investment.
The angiography is Stage II because it is considered ‘invasive’. First up is Echocardiogram, Halter monitor, and Stress Test.
Paying for good healthcare is a wise investment... if one is lucky enough to be able to afford it. There's really no price that can be put on an healthy body. Hope your tests will help you to understand the roots of the problem and to find the best treatment :)

I was on blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I stopped taking it in 2018 because I was depressed and had nothing to live for anymore. (Situation is still the same) Currently I'm not eating a healthy diet, I don't do any form of exercise, I smoke a lot of cigarettes but luckily I don't consume any alcohol.
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough patch. Sending a virtual hug and hoping that you'll find the way to improve your current situation 🤗