• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor says Lexapro is fine with Adderall, thoughts?

adhdanon

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if I was misdiagnosed in college as ADHD, but once I took my first dose of Lexapro 10 mg for anxiety, I no longer cared about what others thought of me and my confidence skyrocketed through the roof. I felt like I can walk in anywhere and the carelessness was almost to extreme, but for social situations it's been incredible. I've even put weight back on and don't have circles under my eyes anymore. Could I have been deficient in serotonin or something?

It's almost like I can do what I have too and not care about absolutely anything else around me, which is good for toxic environment I live, but I'm also irritable as.. fuc*. Just wanted to hear experiences on Lexapro because I may switch to a low dose benzo instead if this becomes an issue.

Both drug interaction checkers I just looked at on Google said that Lexapro potentiates the Adderall and that there IS a risk of serotonin syndrome. At therapeutic doses, you should be fine, as you say your doctor said, just be aware of this if you plan on abusing one or the other!

Both drug interaction checkers I just looked at on Google said that Lexapro potentiates the Adderall and that there IS a risk of serotonin syndrome. At therapeutic doses, you should be fine, as you say your doctor said, just be aware of this if you plan on abusing one or the other!

I know it says that also, but I've combined Prozac with Dexadrine probably over 100 times and Lexapro with Dexadrine about 20 times with ZERO problems and Dexadrine is the majority of what is in Adderall and both of these Amps are FREQUENTLY combined with different types of SSRIs.

Hell, MULTIPLE SSRIs are sometimes prescribed safely by doctors when you are being monitored.

Your doctor is the authority over bluelight, and probably also over any of those interaction checkers because unlike the interaction checkers your doctor knows all the other variables including the dosages of each and your entire medical history.

I'm not saying doctors are perfect and that they can't mess up because they can but it's kind of funny to think that if your doctor tells you something you think you need a second opinion from bluelight as more likely if bluelight says something I am going to want a second opinion from a doctor lol.

MOST of the time if a doctor tells me a medication interaction is safe I'm going to trust him without thinking I need a second opinion, or if I DO seek a second opinion it would probably be from another doctor.

I realize this Myco, that's why I said "as you say your doctor said". He asked for thoughts, why are you being a jerk about it? I did the only logical thing to do since no one else was going to reply.

I was prescribed 20mg lexapro and 100mg vyvanse at the same time, and I quite frequently took 300-600mg vyvanse for recreational effect. no negative consequences.
YMMV