• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor left me tiny amount of benzos and went on vacay

Just one more

Greenlighter
Greetings!

I've been having sleeping issues and I have decided to put an end to my dependence to benzos. I gone through several hypnotics/sedatives from, to list some zolpidem alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam, clobazepam ( for situational anxiety ) diazepam and several other benzos and quite a dozen of other pharms all of which had no real effect on the problem in question

I have minimal but definetly life effecting anxiety which benzos work wonders but my DR said that he can't prescribe two different benzos at the same time because of he thinks that my tolerance will increase faster. But I definitely need some sorta anxiolytic. So I asked him to switch me to diazepam but the problem is that my doctor seem to underestimate my tolerance, which is kinda high ( the negative record to put me to sleep was 3 mg of alprazolam ). He only prescribes 1.5 to 4 mg of alprazolam eqv. doses per day which is not enough to put me to sleep. During the last 3 months I slept using midazolam [ which I acquired from my family doctor and other sources ] with doses ranging from 15-45 mgs under the tongue ( 74.5 % bioavailability buccal adm. which is around 90 mgs PO )

Diazepam was very good at treating my problems but it's price is ridiculous ( removed price ) so I thought that it would be a good idea to turn a cheaper alternative which is chlordiazepoxide. But the problem is that it's not as good sedative as the other benzos mentioned above so the detox is out of the question until my DR comes back from vacation. I only have 50 pcs. of 5 mgs and around 20 mgs of alprazolam left. My doctor only return on feb. 12

I can't possibly study, work and maintain social relationships with that amount of benzos left. Chlordiazepoxide only last like 4 hours in my test possible due to P450 gene variations
What should I do?

PS.: I'm writing this while under the influence of 50 mgs chlordiazepoxide and I only noticed a slight anxiolytic
Please excause any typos or errors in the text
Any input is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
^ 50mg of Tranxene isn?t a high dose- probably around ~3mg(range 2.5-3.5ng) lorazepam, and 1.25-1.5 clonazepam (or less) or Xanax

Tranxene is typically a longer lasting benzodiazepine, with an intermediate - long duration; it is converted (prettty much) completely into Nordazepam in the GI, which Nordazepam is the primary, semi-active metabolite of dzp(Valium), with an average T1/2 of 100 hours

However it is also a partial agonist

Anyway, not sure exactly what your question is, though feel for you- do you want advice on stretching, or comfort meds?

Post back and should get answers

And, please refrain from mentioning prices, it is is frowned upon-if a pharmacy charged that much, that is insane, 200mg of dzp was <$5 IIRC, and if it was a dealer, that is explicitly not allowed

Anyway, really feel for benzo problems, man/woman/Vulcan