Info Do your "admins" have quotas they must meet in order to keep their godlike positions?

CBDizzle

Greenlighter
Do your "admins" have quotas they must meet in order to keep their godlike positions?

Just curious if there is a quota for the "admins" on BL? I think there must be with some of the reasons why posts are CLOSED so often... I've been reading this forum on and off for nearly a decade and it seems as though the severity of actions taken by many (def not all) admins has taken a turn for the worst. Kinda the way real policing has taken a turn for the worst in the USA. I find it kinda funny and I find it kinda sad, that when you give any ole Jack power over another human, that Jack tends to grow into a Jackass. Like the Stanford study that gave half the students authority of prison guards and the other half of the students the lack of authority that a prisoner would have (this was also portrayed in a motion picture). It's nothing personal, nor directed at any specific "admin", just a question of if so? And if not, then why the apparent change in "policing" this site.

If you think I am wrong and the "admin" practices have either gotten better or stayed the same. Then I would ask that you keep your opinions to yourself, as I am only looking for answers that are constructive to my narrative, not deconstructive or nullifying.

Thank you ever so kindly!

I do still very much enjoy your site, just don't post very often (for fear of repremand, of course).

-CBDizzle

"only reply if you are agreeing with me"? lol. that's not really how discussion works :)

bluelight is run entirely by volunteers and, while we expect and rely on moderators to be active in the forums they moderate, there is no post closing quota for staff.

posts are closed for all kinds of reasons and, in my experience bluelight staff generally do a great job of managing threads, closing when and where appropriate. i have also been a bluelighter for over a decade and i'm pretty intimate with the operation of the site. i don't think moderation is any better or worse in this regard. even if you believe it is worse, there are more possible explanations than just nazi mods.

can you post a handful of examples of closed threads you believe should not have been closed and we'll be happy to review.

finally, if you are posting within the site and forum guidelines, what kind of reprimand would you fear for simply posting?

alasdair