• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do you guys think phenibut has any entheogenic potential?

burn out

Bluelighter
I've read a few people say that using phenibut helped them learn to live life without (or at least with signifcantly less ) fear and anxiety and that this benefit persisted even after the phenibut wore off and they stopped using it or used it less regularly in smaller amounts.

Im curious to hear from more phenibut users if they think it can be effective like this. I have been very afraid all my life and I want to overcome my fears now. I'm wondering if phenibut could help me. I took a low dose once and found it wonderful for anxiety, but hated the way it made me feel otherwise. DO you think it would be worth poisoning myself with phenibut to overcome anxiety or do the positive effects only last as long as the drug?

I used phenibut twice a week for three weeks and it was nowhere near as effective a clonazepam for controlling anxiety. As for keeping any of the effects after stopping, I didn't notice any of that happen. I also managed to be an idiot and redose far too much in one night. This caused me to become ill (vomiting, coordination issues, cloudy thoughts) for a couple days. I've never had an issue with compulsive redosing with any other drug, but Phenibut after taking 2g that one time had me in a really bad place. I most likely had 25g that night. I'm just thankful I hadn't been taking it long enough to have to deal with the withdrawals which I hear are quite unpleasant. I have a friend who takes it pre-capped a couple times a week at low doses. He claims that once he gets off, the effects last at most a day and everything goes back to normal. I hope some of this info will be helpful.

I've read a few people say that using phenibut helped them learn to live life without (or at least with signifcantly less ) fear and anxiety and that this benefit persisted even after the phenibut wore off and they stopped using it or used it less regularly in smaller amounts.

Im curious to hear from more phenibut users if they think it can be effective like this. I have been very afraid all my life and I want to overcome my fears now. I'm wondering if phenibut could help me. I took a low dose once and found it wonderful for anxiety, but hated the way it made me feel otherwise. DO you think it would be worth poisoning myself with phenibut to overcome anxiety or do the positive effects only last as long as the drug?

YES! it certainly can help in these ways. As to it lasting after the drug wears off that depends I would say on your current state of emotional development and other unknowns. You didn't say why it made you feel bad but that's not a very good sign I'd say for long term use. For me it was like a low dose of MDMA and so I felt like I was in a entry level paradise. You do know it's addictive right? I found that using it no more than twice a week prevented that for me. There is almost nothing worse than being afraid all the time. I know. I was badly abused as a child and I've had to deal with anxiety on some level most of my life. I'll take any kind of addiction over constantly living in fear and anxiety. I'd rather be dead.

I wish you all the best. Oh and finally, I did become addicted to it due to a disease (polyneuropathy) that it helped with and after a year of high dose daily use I was addicted and I knew all the horror stories but I got off it easily with the help of Gabapentin and Tianeptine. I had almost no withdrawal issues as unbelievable as that may sound. I was using about 3400 mg per day so it was a decent habit. Once I got off I haven't touched it since and have no real cravings at all. This was over a year ago.

I know its addictive but Im not worried about that, I didn't like the way it felt on my body/mind. Felt chemical and toxic.

Burn out, I fixed the thread title for you.. just so you know.

I definitely agree that Phenibut and Gabapentinoids in general have some interesting emotional qualities, but I've never experienced anything that I would consider religious while under their influence. In fact, they seem almost the opposite, like an artificial stimulation of sorts that lacks depth, kind of like you might experience with stimulants. I just feel, that having had experiences with psychedelic drugs in the past, which I can easily label as being entheogenic, I don't feel that Gabapentin comes close to that.