• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Do you feel better for giving up drinking?

yoyo50

Bluelighter
Well short story i had a struggle with booze and GBL, and got kicked out by mum and then where i was living with other family was forced to go on antabuse and campral, i have have to a few mates and also read "oh yeah i felt great not drinking" i never got that even after my blood tests where rushed and got them the next day and told i had liver damage, (still went and grabbed some beers after that news) i went over 2 months nearly 3 months sober and then came off them thinking i could manage on myself but i bought 8 pint cants of stella and really didn't feel pissed or even tipsy, so then i ended up back into my old routine of buying 8 skols/tennents/brews etc.

and i did feel shit a few mornings but nothing major as i don't ever seem to get hangovers. so i was just wondering is there a specific period say 6 months where if i had a stella or such i would feel it more? like how long does the torlence take to drop after drinking daily the tramp juice?

as wish to be at the point where i want to be med free but in control so i can go down the pub if im asked once a week or something, i wouldn't say i was that i had an addictive personality just don't want to be on med the rest of my life...

I stopped drinking 5 months ago (well, 5 months tomorrow actually) and don't miss it one bit. For the first couple of months I avoided the pub because I thought I might be tempted, but then I realised that you can still do all the other social aspects of going out drinking without the booze, I'm just slightly more coherent by closing time and the next day my head (and wallet) feel much happier too :)

Used to drink a bottle of wine or four cans a night, double that on a night out. Then three years of being unwell put a stop to that, hardly drank at all. When I started to get better I noticed my bad drinking habits start to creep back in, which is when I decided it was all or nothing for me ::D

I stopped drinking 4 years ago and don't miss it atall. I feel physically healthier, I feel mentally healthier and also the money I would spend on alcohol now goes to good things like better food and whatnot. Alcohol is not part of my life and I do feel better for it.

Ditto.

Although alcohol has never been the problem, I try to avoid by all means.
And when I decided to sober up 9 months ago, I did not miss it at all.
I feel I'm on an advantage when I see my colleagues trying to get through the day.
For me, hangover is one of these 24-36 hours thing that I'm really not into that sort of suffering.