Do muscle relaxing drugs enhance recovery/growth?

I also take Hydrocode 10/325 for muscle soreness 3x a week & it does help & all this relaxes my muscles to grow grow grow, you only grow when resting
MY 2 CENTS[/B]

YOu really think you need those hydros for muscle soreness? C'mon that just sounds like an excuse to catch a buzz.

I don't have any experience with GHB, but I know alcohol, benzos, and Rx opiates(hydrocodone) negatively impact my workout in a big way. Even just using the benzos at a therapuetic dose at night time; I feel much more groggy if I have to work out the next morning.

You see a lot of guys drink and still maintain healthy physiques, true. But how many guys do you see at 6% body fat who drink even weekly? Alcohol is a killer when you're trying to cut up.

I definitely have no room to sit up here and tell people not to do drugs. BUT, I'm in no way confused by thinking I can still use/abuse and achieve the results I want. Recreational drugs and being in tip top phsycial shape do not go hand and hand. All these questions where people are asking "can I do 'said drug' and still see these results?" Well what do you think?

i use them b4 bed to relax & sleep all night, but u gotta know that gabba is produced naturally in your body & that is what benzo's are, not 2 recommend to take benzos b4 the gym b/c yea u will feel like jello.

Please stop posting this garbage, you are dumbing down the board. Benzodiazapines are gaba? I mean give me a fuuuucking break.

Also, please don't pm me about calling you out again; Just don't make moronic posts, then I wont have a reason to call you out, comprende?

YOu really think you need those hydros for muscle soreness? C'mon that just sounds like an excuse to catch a buzz.

I don't have any experience with GHB, but I know alcohol, benzos, and Rx opiates(hydrocodone) negatively impact my workout in a big way. Even just using the benzos at a therapuetic dose at night time; I feel much more groggy if I have to work out the next morning.

You see a lot of guys drink and still maintain healthy physiques, true. But how many guys do you see at 6% body fat who drink even weekly? Alcohol is a killer when you're trying to cut up.

I definitely have no room to sit up here and tell people not to do drugs. BUT, I'm in no way confused by thinking I can still use/abuse and achieve the results I want. Recreational drugs and being in tip top phsycial shape do not go hand and hand. All these questions where people are asking "can I do 'said drug' and still see these results?" Well what do you think?

QF MF T. Just look at the half lives of the more commonly taken benzos, and tell me there not gonna affect your workout, crook.

Please stop posting this garbage, you are dumbing down the board. Benzodiazapines are gaba? I mean give me a fuuuucking break.

Also, please don't pm me about calling you out again; Just don't make moronic posts, then I wont have a reason to call you out, comprende?

@Skank you did not call me out. Learn how to read dumbshit, I mentioned above about benzo's are another form of gaba which is produced in your brain naturally.

Now since you wanna act like a skank at a corner screaming 4 attention, telling people here , OMG OMG I GOT MYSELF A p.m. woo woo, What it said was & this is to all, Hey skank if you have something to say p.m. me not on the board saying something Re: anavar, when I missread the o.post. So get your thumb out of your ass, thinking you got a p.m. & asking PLEASE CROOK DON'T p.m. me again. Love that you went threw all my posts to find out I'm cuban you fag, you wanna sniff my nuts too, or am I off topic here.

"JUST HADE TO CLEAR THIS UP FOR ALL.

& you are exactly correct from your point, no dought at all.

I have seen alot of the statements and studies about opiates causing t levels to drop( and I know its all true), but what I was curious about was how much it really affects people who work out. I am in know way defending opiate use while lifting weights but I was wondering how bad it really lowers the t-levels . Reason being, I currently take 40mg oxy a day for pretty bad lower back pain. Yeah honestly, the buzz is nice but they do also help ward off the pain and sometimes make the difference to me making it in the gym or not. I have been able to still gain 15 pounds of muscle over about 10 months with a good diet and training , but, sometimes I am curious how it would of been if I were opiate free the whole time.

Seems like most any drug will cause some detriment to growth. I've seen evidence for all of the following to have some sort of negative effect on muscle growth and workout intensity:

alcohol
tobacco
marijuana
any and all stimulants including caffeine and ephedra
benzos, opiates, or other downers

really, is it any surprise? I think even Ibuprofin isn't great to use while training. And you really shouldn't "need" to take any of the above substances or medicines. The only time I've seen people claim to need CNS depressants is when they are using CNS stimulants like clen and ephedra and shit which are causing issues with sleeping. So using 1 drug to counteract another isn't 'need' to me.'

Even some antibiotics probably aren't good to use because they interfere with protein synthesis by design.

Even some antibiotics probably aren't good to use because they interfere with protein synthesis by design.

They're designed to block bacterial synthesis specifically and leave your ribosomes unaffected.

hi,

Yes many recovery programs are there in the addiction,Alcohol and drug addiction are diseases that progress through predictable stages. It takes a trained health professional, often a doctor specializing in addiction medicine, to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the most appropriate treatment, whether it be outpatient counseling or an inpatient alchol and drug rehab.

Thank you....

Last edited by a moderator: