• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do I need to go see a doctor?

freddy999

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

I did something stupid.

I got ahold of 12 stilpain tablets. Each contains
150mg meprobamate
8mg codeine phosphate
320mg paracetamol
Preservative

I took the 12 tablets and out them into 500 ml of cold water. I then ran the water through a face cloth and I saw some white stuff left behind.

Then I took the liquid and boiled it off in a pot.

I then gathered the residue and ate it.

My worry is perhaps I consumed too much paracetamol and my cold water extraction was insufficient due to using a cloth and not a coffee filter.

Additionally I read that boiling paracetamol creates a toxic chemical that kills your liver and kidneys.

How would I know if I have kidney and liver failure?

Thanks for any help!

Take some NAC (n-acetyl cysteine), the antidote against paracetamol over dosage. It's not the boiling which creates a toxic chemical, paracetamol itself is toxic in overdose.

Hi everyone.

I did something stupid.

150mg meprobamate
8mg codeine phosphate
320mg paracetamol
Preservative

I took the 12 tablets and out them into 500 ml of cold water. I then ran the water through a face cloth and I saw some white stuff left behind.

My worry is perhaps I consumed too much paracetamol and my cold water extraction was insufficient due to using a cloth and not a coffee filter.

Additionally I read that boiling paracetamol creates a toxic chemical that kills your liver and kidneys.

Thanks for any help!
That's not CWE and I would be very worried you've consumed 3,480mg Paracetamol. It's definitely something you shouldn't do and I would advise you to get seen to by a Dr, if you want to lie and say you took took much by mistake or whatever then do so but please do get checked out.

Hi everyone.

I did something stupid.

150mg meprobamate
8mg codeine phosphate
320mg paracetamol
Preservative

Thanks for any help!
So yeah it’s not good obviously to take that much paracetamol but I’ve taken way more and was fine and did so fairly regularly. I don’t encourage it but I was young and ignorant.

Idk about the boiling it tho.

I'm still alive and I feel fine...

Its been 30 hours since I took it...

Do I still need to see a doctor? What symptoms would I have if I was having kidney or liver failure? I feel fine as I say..

Do I still need to see a doctor? What symptoms would I have if I was having kidney or liver failure? I feel fine as I say..
With liver failure (what paracetamol causes) you really want to watch out for yellow stools. That's a sure sign of liver stress (or failure).

You should be fine. The amount of paracetamol that could be deadly is more like double what you took.

I have taken over 6g before and lived without any apparent damage.

I highly recommend you not to do it again or with anything like regularity.

No one on here can tell you if you need to see a doctor. You're the only one in your body, not us. By the amount of times you've asked, I'd say make an appointment. Since you're "feeling fine" no need to go to urgent care or ER.

Hopefully you have a relationship with your doctor where you feel you can be 100% transparent.

Good luck, sending healing energy.

OK I just saw the doctor at the emergency clinic. He showed me a graph and said 7 gram is liver damage territory and I'm fine.

This is assuming me boiling it back into a powder never created toxic by products that land up Killing me.

I feel fine atm.

I'll keep checking on myself and see if I'm turning yellow.

OK I just saw the doctor at the emergency clinic. He showed me a graph and said 7 gram is liver damage territory and I'm fine.

This is assuming me boiling it back into a powder never created toxic by products that land up Killing me.

I feel fine atm.

I'll keep checking on myself and see if I'm turning yellow.

Keep an eye on that jaundice and go back to urgent/E.R it you get abdominal pain so severe you can't stay still.

Aaaaaand add that to the ever growing list of shit never to do again.

Ah, the things we addicts do to ourselves, forever in search of that feeling.

Glad you're OK enough, feel better soon!

So I am thinking a few things through.

The one thing that doesent make sense to me is the physical size of the 12 tablets I used.

After the powder was scooped up I put it in a capsule and swallowed a single capsule.

I was looking at the size of 12 tablets and it looks like I would need atleast 4 capsules to fit 12 tablets inside of one.
But as I said I managed to fit what was left into one capsule.

Where did the rest of it go?? There was not much left in the pot and not too much in my filter I used to do the cwe.

Any ideas?

Also I forgot to mention-once I ingested it I never felt much. If anything atall. I have no tolerance to anything I don't do this atall. This was my first time.

Maybe I never took as much as I though it did?

I have a slight headache now. It's been 48 hours. Otherwise I feel fine.

Last edited:
I don't get it why you didn't go to buy some NAC if you've been seriously worried, it's the antidote of choice (paracetamol metabolism depletes glutathione and NAC replenishes that if I'm correct).

But sounds like you didn't suffer damage, I hope it'll be okay.

I don't get it why you didn't go to buy some NAC if you've been seriously worried, it's the antidote of choice (paracetamol metabolism depletes glutathione and NAC replenishes that if I'm correct).

But sounds like you didn't suffer damage, I hope it'll be okay.
I never knew about this.

I feel fine so It looks like I'm OK? Unless kidney and liver damage take days to show up??

So I am thinking a few things through.

The one thing that doesent make sense to me is the physical size of the 12 tablets I used.

After the powder was scooped up I put it in a capsule and swallowed a single capsule.

I was looking at the size of 12 tablets and it looks like I would need atleast 4 capsules to fit 12 tablets inside of one.
But as I said I managed to fit what was left into one capsule.

Where did the rest of it go?? There was not much left in the pot and not too much in my filter I used to do the cwe.

Any ideas?

Maybe I never took as much as I though it did?

I have a slight headache now. It's been 48 hours. Otherwise I feel fine.
Your CWE was incorrect, I'd advise researching it and ensuring if you are going to repeat it that you do it correctly.

Even then, many people do not preform CWE properly and there is still quite a high amount of paracetamol left.

It seems I was lucky that I never had a lethal dose otherwise I would be dead.

I "only" had 3500mg.

According to literature that is half a toxic dose.

Grateful to be alive. Won't do this ever again.

It seems I was lucky that I never had a lethal dose otherwise I would be dead.

I "only" had 3500mg.

According to literature that is half a toxic dose.

Grateful to be alive. Won't do this ever again.
Just to say, whilst the Dr has told you 7g is a toxic amount, ive seen ODs in A&E where deaths occurred at 5g in healthy people. It's always dangerous to fuck around with paracetamol if you're someone who has abused drugs in the past or alcohol. You're already on the back foot as it were.

I'm glad you've learnt your lesson and as has already been mentioned milk thistle is excellent, I take a few drops everyday.

Just to say, whilst the Dr has told you 7g is a toxic amount, ive seen ODs in A&E where deaths occurred at 5g in healthy people. It's always dangerous to fuck around with paracetamol if you're someone who has abused drugs in the past or alcohol. You're already on the back foot as it were.

I'm glad you've learnt your lesson and as has already been mentioned milk thistle is excellent, I take a few drops everyday.
Lucky for me no I have never abused drugs except this one and only time.

Feels like I dodged a bullet here. Maybe it was a good thing. Cheers!