View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Dmx trip dosage

Dampflownder

Greenlighter
I am new to dmx and want to try the trip ive heard of the plateaus and the different stages i want to do a stage 3 but i dont know how to dose myself which brand of dmx hbr should i use and how many ml should i take of that brand for a stage three

This should help you out: https://dxm.tripsit.me/
Find a brand where the only active ingredient listed on the bottle is Dextromethorphan HBr.
No Acetaminophen/Paracetamol/APAP, no guaifenesin, no diphenhydramine, and definitely no pseudoephedrine.

If your new to dxm it'd be wise to start lower. It's been a long time, but my experience with dxm is that the same dose won't take me to the same place twice. It hits different every time.
And lower plateaus can be surprising intense.0

I don't like that tool. There are so many more variables involved than body weight. There's a reason that ratio gets ignored in general clinical practice. I've seen a Google Talk on it, and it gets into mathematical power laws concerning the surface area of the liver. Best is to stick with individual starting-low-working-up probing and not falling for any security illusions of online tools, if you want my two cents.

Yeah, that DXM (dextromethorphan) dose calculator fooled me and others into assuming that one would need to go to higher plateaus to enjoy the full potential of the drug and that its dosage wasn't so individually relevant which both proved wrong. I loved DXM in dosages of 75-150mg, max. 300mg for compatibility with everyday life and 450mg at home. Anything higher would give me panic attacks from the potent norepinephrine component this drug has.

I'd recommend starting with 150mg and seeing where it brings you. You can always redose but once in your system you have to ride it out.
Also do higher dosages induce faster and stronger tolerance which in turn stops the low dosages from being pleasurable which again pleads for starting low.
DXM together with serotonergic antidepressants (almost all besides tianeptine) is strongly contraindicated, it can and will induce serotonin syndrome. Not equally strong in everybody, but when you find out it might be too late.

Start lower, and take a dose to test allergies or if you do not have the enzyme or genetics, some people lack these and their body does not process DXM and they die or need to go to hospital.

Last edited:
Best effects when dosing around 300mg and after an hour 240-270mg again.