Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DMT) - First time - Black, neon and faceted

specialspack

Bluelighter
This report goes back maybe 7 or 8 years... back then, I was fairly wet behind the ears. A few LSD and mushroom trips, all quite low doses, 2C-B a couple of times and 5-MeO-DIPT a couple of times. My mainstay had been MDMA & cannabis.

I was in my mid 20s, on my second phase of studenthood, back at Uni after a few year gap to study my masters (in philosophy), and I'm sorry to say I snapped fairly quickly back into a semi-undergrad style life of partying first, and work second. An old friend had come to visit, excitedly bearing with him the fruits of his first DMT extraction. I had read plenty of the literature, and to be honest was a bit nervous about the descriptions of the brief rocket ride, being propelled into other worlds, meeting machine elves... I had also not long read Rick Strassman's “The Spirit Molecule” and the one report that stuck in my mind was the one bad one – the guy who's experience was focused on him be probed and raped by alien crocodiles :\

My first attempt was early in the evening. I don't remember how much was loaded into the pipe – which was a version of the infamous “machine” once featured in the Entheogen Review, built out of a separating funnel, with the tap removed (to create a hit hole) and a plug of wire wool in the stem, onto which the DMT was placed, then gently melted to increase surface area, before being vapourised.

We were at my house, it was quiet, and we were alone. Under my more experienced friend's watchful eye, I took as big a lungful as I could manage, and held it as long as I could manage. The pain and discomfort was pretty instantaneous in my lungs, and I was soon coughing my guts out, passing him the pipe... and of course, I had done nothing like enough.

I experienced a warm, gentle body high, and colours started to deepen, becoming more golden in hue. Walls began to breath... and that was it. Five minutes later, the effects were fading, leaving me with a very pleasant afterglow for the next hour. Under my friends advice, we decided I should wait before trying again, due to the short term tolerance factors.

---------------------------------

The second attempt did not come until much later in the evening. We had been out in between, and a small party was in swing at my house by this point. I had also had a dose of MDMA and a couple of small lines of ketamine in between, which naturally coloured the experience. However the most important factor I think was that being high allowed me to smoke a great deal more – being on MDMA was the only time I was ever really able to smoke bongs. The peak effects of both drugs have passed by the time I take the DMT.

So now, this time, I'm excited, ready and in a very positive frame of mind :) My room is somewhat crowded with half a dozen people in various states of inebriation on the floor, chairs and bed. He passes me the pipe – again quantity not sure, but I think around 30mg. This time, I take a couple of deep lungfuls and hold them without too much difficulty. As I'm breathing out, the effects start to take hold.

Again, colours start to deepen, and everything takes on a golden sheen... but then the colours deepen further, and darken, and I watch in amazement as the white walls of my room smoothly transition to night black. I look around, all the walls are pitch black...I'm sitting opposite a large set of shelves, and as the room darkens, the edges of the shelves brighten in contrast. In a matter of seconds, the shelves are outlined in burning neon pinks and greens. It's exactly as if someone has attached fluorescent strip lights to the edges.

I look down, to the high backed office chair that's a meter or so in front of the shelves. As I stare at it, it too turns black, and starts to morph, growing and taking on an chitinous, insectile appearance. It very quickly takes on the aspect of a Geiger biomechanoid (i.e. think “Alien”) - probably influenced by the fact I've been looking at his book, “HR Geiger's Film Design”. It keeps changing though, and now starts to look like what I can only describe as a “dominatrix” chair – there is the sensation of something sexual without it ever being explicit, the chair seems to have a lightly cruel, sly look to it, and emanates an aura of power. There are the suggestion of skulls - it's precisely the kind of chair you would expect to discover in a swords & sorcery novel, with an evil sorceress perched on top, lording it over the mere mortals.

At this point, I'm slightly taken aback at this weird turn, and the implied sexual energy. I sit back, taking my eyes from the chair, and realise that now my vision is filling with moving repeated visual patterns, that are not related to the objects in the room – fractal like, they slide across my field of view from right to left, like some crazed moving psychedelic wallpaper, and as I watch, they appear to morph into phallus-like objects.. this flickering display of neon dildos is something I subsequently leave out when recounting this experience to my friends..:\

Now, something is changing. From the centre of my vision, something is growing from a point, outwards. It looks like a spiral, slowing expanding and rotating. As it grows, it becomes clear that is is three small insect like things... they are faces, without bodies, although they are also beetle like – maybe they are faces which are also bodies...? They spin outwards in their spiral, leaving trails behind them, and I hear a chattering buzz. Their mandibles are moving, fast, chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it our behind them as they grow closer.

At this point, I'm obviously becoming a little dissociated from the room – my attention is fixed on these little creatures, I've stopped paying attention to the shelves and the chair. They seem relatively friendly, but also cheeky and playful. They're getting closer to me, and I have the feeling that what they're eating is not just the world outside, but also to an extent, me. I'm suddenly aware that my distinction between subject and object, between myself and the outside world is much less secure than a few moments ago. The creatures are eating things in my field of view, but that field of view is also part of me, and maybe they're eating the cells of my retina at the same time...

Even as I become aware of this sensation, I can feel the effects start to ebb... I've obviously cleared the peak of the experience, and very quickly the creatures slip back to being just visuals. Then the visuals themselves start to recede... and gradually I'm led back.

I think the first words out my mouth were probably “wow” or “fuck me”.

Nice report, I like the chair part best - a cruel & sly looking chair :D - excellent. Sexual imagery has featured with DMT for myself also.