View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT extraction - melting crystals

Doldrugs

Bluelighter
So I did a DMT extraction of mimosa hostilis. I left the naptha in the freezer overnight and when I got home from work there were tons of crystals. I poured off the naptha and tried to scrape up the crystals but they got really mushy and wet and literally disappeared before my eyes. It was like they evaporated over about 5 minutes. What the hell happened?

Probably precipitated water?

Man I'm so confused. What did I do wrong? It was cloudy a couple of hours after I put it in the freezer like I read it was supposed to. I used vinegar and calcium hydroxide and a hot water bath.

Cover the container containing the solution to prevent water from forming. Also after pouring the naptha off let the crystals dry a good hour longer as they need to dry before becoming solid.

Cover the container containing the solution to prevent water from forming. Also after pouring the naptha off let the crystals dry a good hour longer as they need to dry before becoming solid.

The issue wasn't the water as much as the fact that ONLY water precipitated. I couldn't let the crystals dry because they melted into nothing in minutes.

Water won't melt DMT base...what happened was they got warm and melted before the solvent evaporated...just let it sit out a while and it'll dry and be fine.
Put it on a glass pan or something and when it's evaporated smear it around with your finger ad...voila DMT!

The issue wasn't the water as much as the fact that ONLY water precipitated. I couldn't let the crystals dry because they melted into nothing in minutes.
This shows my point further..... An open naphtha container in a freezer will collect water that forms. I know of someone who was fooled by this and pulled the naptha early. You could let the naphtha evaporate away if there's no necessity to reuse it to garuntee everything you pulled dried out.

It probably didn't dry enough and when the temperature rose the residual solvent was able to hold more dmt and turn back into a liquid. If you also have too much naphtha it will affect the last step you need as much DMT dissolved in the naphtha as possible so that when you drop the temperature it can't hold that same amount. If I remember correctly if done right the crystals begin to form within an hour while you should crash them out a good 24+ hours.

It's not fucking water...your crystals melted...evaporate the naptha!
Water doesn't form crystals in naptha...it shows up as little frozen droplets in the bottom of your jar...just follow the directions in my previous post and you'll be good to go...if the xtals were there before, they're there now.

Last edited:
Ice clumps can be mistaken first time by someone excited. Do the evap and you'll honestly get nice big crystals vs. White powder

So I just threw it back in the freezer and left it a few days and 100 mg precipitated out. Horrible yield for 50 g but better than nothing I guess. Next time I guess I'll heat up the naptha more, I think it was too cold to absorb a lot. Also I'm sure I lost plenty when I filtered it the first time.

Try sticking your container with your base bark solution and naptha in a pot with warm water to heat your mix up while you agitate it then let it sit. Like a warm water bath essentially.... Just change the water when it cools down if needed.

You can probably still pull more from your mix. Add the nps back and do the above trick while agitation is key.

Shoot me a pm with the tek you followed. I'll do my best to help you not only extract, but understand what your doing so you can get to crystal growing :D

I actually did use a water bath and added more boiling water each time I did a pull. But I think maybe it cooled too fast.

And I stupidly threw out the bark. Really, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. Next time, I guess.