• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Dmt extraction final step: evaporate or freeze??

I thought just the crystalline structures were the DMT I hadn't found anything saying it would be powdery looking and this was the steep method as I had no way to keep the heat to it

Not sure y it wouldn't let me add the image

Last edited by a moderator:
One way to apply heat relatively safely is to use a hot water bath. Boil a pot of water and place jar of solvent in pot away from any flames or ignition sources. I'd throw foil over the jar to prevent water condensing into the jar.

Not sure what equipment/method you're using but It is helpful to wash the solvent with distilled water followed by brine. This can remove tiny traces of base that can end up in your final product.

Some then dry the solvent with a desiccant such as baked magnesium sulfate, before sticking in freezer to prevent ice formation.

Ok cool I have planned the big try around spring when things r blooming gonna try and get the mimosa hostiles flowers b4 they bloom

Another great way to reduce impurities (besides the water washes, which I highly recommended a sodium carbonate 5% solution wash too) is to do a recrystallization of the product.

Take fresh boiling naphtha and slowly add it with stirring to your product. There’s a couple ways to do this but one is to only go for the DMT crystals trying to leave behind yellow/orange gunk. The DMT is more soluble but with enough time and heat both will go, so it’s a delicate and quick process.

Quickly remove the naphtha and now bring it down in temperature as slow as possible. One way to do this is leave it in a hot water bath but let it cool off all together. This will slow the rate of cooling. Next put it in the fridge in a small cooler to help slow the cooling process in there. Finally to the freezer same way. Each time make sure you minimally move it, go as slow as a sloth on heroin. Too much movement can crash it out faster than you want. The slower you go the more pure the crystals will be.

-GC

Another great way to reduce impurities (besides the water washes, which I highly recommended a sodium carbonate 5% solution wash too) is to do a recrystallization of the product.

Take fresh boiling naphtha and slowly add it with stirring to your product. There’s a couple ways to do this but one is to only go for the DMT crystals trying to leave behind yellow/orange gunk. The DMT is more soluble but with enough time and heat both will go, so it’s a delicate and quick process.

Quickly remove the naphtha and now bring it down in temperature as slow as possible. One way to do this is leave it in a hot water bath but let it cool off all together. This will slow the rate of cooling. Next put it in the fridge in a small cooler to help slow the cooling process in there. Finally to the freezer same way. Each time make sure you minimally move it, go as slow as a sloth on heroin. Too much movement can crash it out faster than you want. The slower you go the more pure the crystals will be.

-GC
someone took a crystallography class or two

someone took a crystallography class or two

While I appreciate it, I barely graduated high school ;) I’m an example of someone that doesn’t need higher education to succeed.

I just absolutely love crystals. I get a hard on when I see really pretty crystals form of drugs. Not only is it a substance that will get you high but it’s visually beautiful too. I’ve seen crystals of drugs people said couldn’t make crystals (like Mescaline acetate). Just takes time and patience.

-GC

Witch would have more to extract a big tree of mimosa hostiles or the smaller sprouts

Witch would have more to extract a big tree of mimosa hostiles or the smaller sprouts
First off the majority of DMT is found in the root bark. I could be wrong but I've never heard of anyone extracting the flowers.
Another little trick which applies only to evaporative crystallization, is to dissolve everything, and put in pyrex dish that is not completely flat but slightly angled. Then forget about it for a few days.

You'll come back to white or yellow urchins covering the dish, while the red goo/oils will be at the lowest part of the dish.

Also GC, what is the point of a bicarb wash? You're already starting with something basic, and traditionally bicarb washes are to react any residual acids.

Everything I have found has had a side note that the buds of a mimosa hostiles plant b4 they bloom have quite a good bit and is recommended they turn into trees 🤷 I improvised a few things in my first attempt and I got way more than expected and mixed with African dream root and meditation was a great ride wat I remember and I remember distinctly waking up resonating

So I just did an amazing pull on the cleaning /washing stage now though I had in one jar a bunch of goo like clear substance floating in the naphtha lookin like a jellyfish does anyone know wat this may have Ben?

I had to get it out to get the naphtha and they dissolved in the 91% alcohol made it turn really yellow even though they were clear and then as more alcohol was added to wash it got clearer...

Also GC, what is the point of a bicarb wash? You're already starting with something basic, and traditionally bicarb washes are to react any residual acids.
He's not a chemist. Organic layer/Napatha is washed with sodium bicarbonate in order to deprotonate compounds with carboxylic groups, especially when the organic layer is derived from an acidic solution.

this thread is another reminder that you should do proper research before you perform an extraction ;)
First post...

I couldn't agree more with your reminder....could you please point me in the direction of this "proper research" about the extraction process?

AdvTHANKSance,

First post...

I couldn't agree more with your reminder....could you please point me in the direction of this "proper research" about the extraction process?

AdvTHANKSance,

DMT Nexus and Erowid are a good place to start. Also Bluelight has some information. Maybe I should do a write up if there isn’t anything solid here on BL?..

Look up either a “straight to base (STB) extraction” or an “A/B extraction.” I recommend the second option.

-GC