• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

DMT causes blind woman to see / WHAT IF...? this..

yoyoman

Bluelighter
Ok so there is this thread floating around various forums, I saw it mentioned on bluelight (been a lurker here til now) and then saw actual threads about it on other forums.

Basically about some woman who is blind, but when she smokes DMT she can see - enough to read a newspaper to prove it or whatever etc.

----

I've noticed mostly just DMT and psilocin (somewhat) - but no other tryptamines without a N,N-DMT up there, in lowish doses, definitely seems to improve my vision. I wear contact lenses, and today I was thinking about this and I.M'ed ~30mg pure DMT (water soluble salt form before injection). Well by golly I could read signs way down the road that normally look too blurry without my contacts in.

I bet if I were to get two eye exams - with or without my contacts in, one normally and then one right afterwards after an IM injection of low dose DMT i'd do better with the DMT one,... who knows..

----

So lets just say, that someone else with vision problems/partially blind etc had known about the "blind woman who can see when she smokes DMT" thing on the net, and smoked some themselves or whatever, basically what if there was this huge discovery made - that DMT... helps the brain (however it works) .. see?

Its a schedule I drug.. well GHB is schedule I AND IV somehow (bastards.. http://www.xyrem.com) since it works so well for sleeping problems etc.

What if it was figured out that DMT was some magic breakthrough for vision problems, how would you go about.. uh.. making this information known to .. pharm. companies, the government.. etc. ? Since the people would need to have a constant supply of external DMT, its something the pharmacutical companies could have interest in (DMT patches, or other ways to supply DMT constantly all day, maybe work on developing other orally active drugs that do the same thing that don't require an MAOI etc).

----
I just recently met a quadrapalegic man (he's young, i think 28, motorcycle accident), had a long discussion with him about all sorts of things, well he has vision problems, like he can make out people but not faces clearly, partially blind. I asked what it looks like if its just blurry or what, he said it looks more like "static", like the little bit of static we all see but cranked waay up. ... heh i've noticed low doses of DMT "clear up static" (really). After meeting this guy I played around with DMT a few times, a puff of DMT (small puff, must be small!!) makes me see a lot easier in the dark, less "static", I noticed I saw a lot easier so I quickly flicked the light on by a mirror to make sure my pupils weren't enlarged and they were not, so my thoughts are ...some other mechanism. DPT doesn't do that, DET doesn't, DiPT doesn't, DMT does? why?

Last edited:
i experience a very similiar effect on LSD and Mush, I remember being able to count a friends teeth from an extremely far distance away, also being able to see tree branches individually maybe 300-350 yards away (i have poor vision but wear contact lenses)

Yeah, I don't believe any of it. Maybe a small increase in visual accuity in some cases, but blind people seeing? people with screwed vision getting 20/20.. no. That sounds like something from the bible, not from the pharmacopia

I know the feeling of being able to see better, but I'm sure it is just a psychological thing... i..e I wouldn't be able to read an eye chart any better, I would just think I could.

^^ heh...

well i never thought one single toke of DMT back in October would "cure" my friend's paranoid schizophrenia either..

i mean, i did assume, low doses *would*, i had a hunch, then he took the pipe and toked it like pot and got a massive hit, and kissed all those voices goodbye for good...

I notice my eyes focus faster (close like my hand in front of my face, to far out in the distance), and my coordination is vastly improved with low dose DMT (and mushrooms, can't say anything else.. except 2C-TFM maybe a little), i'm not just make believing it - its not just because i toked DMT - .. it just works. Other things come to mind (only DMT, and to a lesser extent mushrooms) like the muscle fluidity.

I dunno, DMT, I know science hasn't figured out yet that DMT works either on 5ht2a or somewhere else "differently" than any other psychedelic/or drug but its suprised the hell out of me, shit - trippin' the fuck out? a small toke of DMT stops the visuals and trip. I dunno why DMT is different, wish I knew, -- why does DPT or DiPT or whatever else not do the same thing.. i dunno, but DMT is different.

I'm a science freak, ...waiting for science to figure out why 8( buuut.. these molecules are banned, gosh darnet my asshole is itching again.

(i need some sleep)

%)

I normally wouldnt believe this, but then I read that ambien can recover catatonic patients to a state where they can move. So now Im really not going to limit the parameters of what I consider a drug can/can't do.

I myself am legally blind (20/700, even with contacts Im only 20/60) and when I took cubensis not long ago I had the sense that everything looked sharper. I have also gotten this sense after doing ma and mdma so I dont know what to think but Im not ruling it out.

yoyoman said:
I wear contact lenses, and today I was thinking about this and I.M'ed ~30mg pure DMT (water soluble salt form before injection). Well by golly I could read signs way down the road that normally look too blurry without my contacts in.
Did you already know what the signs read before trying this? If you did it could just be a hallucination, ie. your mind inserting what it knows to be the correct text/image of the sign.

Ok so there is this thread floating around various forums, I saw it mentioned on bluelight (been a lurker here til now) and then saw actual threads about it on other forums.

Basically about some woman who is blind, but when she smokes DMT she can see - enough to read a newspaper to prove it or whatever etc.
Do you have any realiable sources for this? Cause I'm doubtful.

If a woman was blind her whole life, how the hell could she correlate the letters in the alphabet with the correct sounds even if she could suddenly see. Even if the DMT did allow her to see, she couldnt read anything because she wouldnt know what sounds the letters corresponded to, as she would have never seen them before.

Hasn't it been proposed that DMT is naturally produced and used in the brain? That could have something to do with it.

salvia as well

hey
a couple years ago, we gave our completely blind friend a toke of salvia....he could see again while he was high. I shit you not. He looked right at us and spoke our names, where otherwise he would have just seen black. Could just be a wierd trip, but this seriously happened.

Can someone post a copy of the original anecdote about the woman who was cured of her blindness.

The brain neural net can model a Sharpening filter, it is quite simple really. LSD can amplify the contrasting ability within the visual cortex, thus increasing the strength of the sharpening filter.

Here is one discussion paper on it. There are many more such things, so if you are interested in modelling this and learning why it happens, go after things like Biopsychiatry and Computational Neural Science.

http://signal.ece.utexas.edu/~queiroz/papers/hvqtrans.pdf