• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT Acetate (IV) - Collected Experiences - Everyone sees the aliens!

nonnihilnitoris

Bluelighter
[you can skip this first paragraph]

First let me say, I am *very* sorry I don't have accurate dosages for this report. We've been eyeballing our doses by comparing them to a grain of rice. Before I hear any more criticism, I will also say I understand that "one volume of powder is not necessarily the same as another". OBVIOUSLY. But DMT is a *natural* drug and your body STILL able to maintain homeostasis while breaking it down, so I am not afraid of an OD. I have done up to 100mg IV (1g measured and dissolved in vinegar then split dosed) so I am quite experienced with the full spectrum of DMT's power.

[backstory]

All my friends a heavy psychedelic users, not abusive...just "heavy". 8) A couple of them had been looking for DMT for a loooongg time. One of my best friends, V, read Strassman's book and has been searching for months for a source. AFAIK, DMT is not found in PA except around festivals and whatnot. So after my extraction was a fucking huge success, I proceeded to give and <snip> my entire stock (3 grams) by introducing everyone I know to this wonderful and mystical drug.

[hello dmt, it's nice to meet you]

I started by letting everyone smoke it first. My friends V, A, E and W all felt the lovely body high but E was very skeptical that I could have *made* such a drug in my basement and informed everyone else (who was tripping fairly well( that she didn't see ANYTHING. I think her refusal to acknowledge the DMT caused her to have a bad trip later, but we will never really know.

[I've found that people are more likely to see the "entities" if they've been properly introduced first. I try to stress to everyone that having respect for this drug (DMT) is the only way you can really benefit from it. Especially if you are going the IV-route, you need to work your way up. Otherwise it's hard to remember most of what you saw/felt.]

We chose a scenic spot to smoke which is something I try to stress too. After the DMT "wore off" we all still felt very giggly and hyperactive. Some of us danced impromptu and others beatboxed, others played guitar while others climbed trees...and all of this was out-of-character for their respective personalities.

[Smoking is wasteful (compared to IV) because no one seems to get the technique right. If you smoke it correctly, there won't be a "burning plastic" smell, just a slightly weird/sweet taste in your mouth.]

[real reality or how i learned to love the bomb-ass drug called DMT]

Having exhausted all forms of entertainment at the public park, we proceeded to V's house where he dug out his rig and I, mine. E and W were first. Each of them received roughly 20-30 mg IV DMT Acetate each. Both giggled profusely during the entire trip, both saw the entities BEFORE being told about them, both reported that the entities (humanoid) were interested but ambivalent. Incredible colors and shapes were also present in this place. E was quite impressed while W was more..."in awe". E and W bonded heavily over the shared content of their simultaneous trips, though E saw the entities without faces and W was not sure if they were faceless or not. They both immediately asked for more, but it was A and V up next.

A and V asked for larger doses and A insisted on standing as long as possible, because he likes to do foolish things for no reason other than to test his will. I tried to dissuade him from taking a large dose before having tried a medium, but it was no use.

After the plunger was in, A stood for about 20 or so seconds before collapsing onto the bed, though he was still able to talk through the duration of his trip about what he was seeing (which is amazing, because I sure couldn't!). He reported seeing entities as well, but they were VERY interested in meeting him (as opposed to E and W). According to A, they were conjuring things out of "thin air" and trying to show him "this is this and that is that". A also felt that he was inside of some kind of cabinet and that the entities were sneaking a peak at him. Before any more could be heard, the trip was over. Smiling, he purchased some doses and put on some Aphex Twin (good choice for DMT, IMHO!!).

V was last, and rightfully so, because he wanted the biggest dose of anyone. Having seen and felt a high dose, I didn't want to scare anyone else (before their own trip) with the image of V drooling, eyes twitching, mumbling glossolalia...totally tripping face. It is not a pretty picture until they regain consciousness and start laughing their ass off, which is what eventually happened.

V also saw the entities, something he'd been waiting to see for two years. According to him, the entities were whispering into his ear and reaching around his head. He alternately mumbled and gasped in amazement for the duration of the trip. V worried because the entities seemed to be impatient with his presence, as if he didn't belong, but he rode it out until the laughter started. V told me how much he respected the drug and felt that he had received a message from it, a message telling him to take a break from DMT and other drugs too. He rarely listens to anyone but in this case, he listened to what the drug was telling him.

My own trip was very light. Since I'd received the same message the night before, I felt it would be wise to listen to the entities too. I'm including my a report of my last high dose DMT trip because most of this post if fairly weak on content and...also...I think you guys will find it interesting.

[the hypercube]

I cozied up in bed and tied my belt around my arm. Loaded a 1/2cc syringe with 40-50mg DMT Acetate and H20. Needle in, blood, plunger down and...lights out.

I passed through the familiar "tidal zone" of hyperspace, a fitting title since it is fairly tumultuous and nondescript. I mainly see shapes and colors with no sense of depth or higher-level organization. To me, it kinda looks like psychedelic spaghetti, but other times it looks like rainbow-colored self-transforming fractal-trash. I don't spend much time in this phase before it dissolves...and...I'M THERE! Hello hyperspace!

My attention is directed at some kind of strange cube. The cube is actually two cube intertwined and constantly changing places. It looks to me like modern art at first, but it also seems to emanate some kind of strange power. Holding the cube is an enormous (seemingly 15 ft tall) SILVER Gumby. His eyes are hypnotic and his skin is made of liquid metal (like mercury), except this metal is inlaid with constantly morphing alien circuitry. He tells me that this shape is important and that I should study it. He shows me dozens of these shapes but I can only remember the cube...probably because it was the simplest of all of them. Before I go, I thank him or at least try to thank him. As I'm coming down, I have a feeling that the "you're welcome" is implicit in the fact that I am doing the drug in the first place. What are the chances anyway???

Upon further research I discovered that this special cube has a name. It's called a hypercube, a cube in the 4th spacial dimension.

Hypercube.gif

This is the second time I have been purposefully shown a special shape/symbol by the entities. The first time they showed me an ouroboros and I didn't know what that was either!!

[bonus poem]

i wrote this after my latest DMT experience. it could be longer but oh well! it's called this Poem is about [this Poem is about... {this poem is about ...|∞|}]

pillow soft and hard as rock
god is one pair of mismatched socks
luminantly black, fuller than an empty sack
heavy like uranium feathers

keenly, obscenely, obliquely, completely
cosmically rubbing, dusting and sweeping
the universe at work is like house cleaning

whether or not we know the difference
between the number zero and infinite regress
the square root of rhubarb pi is cube of ruby tubers

sweet like sugar walking sticks
esoteric like bacon bits

god is a switch hitter and he’s batting five thousand​

Last edited by a moderator:
...The "metal inlay with the constantly morphining alien technology" skin on it. Ok this is the 2nd (and I actually don't go out of my way to read DMT TRs) DMT TR I've read where people talk about this. I've seen these same entities..like the same "skin" you speak of, and this way before I ever read any TR about it..it was completely foreign and new. The only thing even remotely close is like the ending scene in the first Matrix movie where Neo turns into the binary code and so does everything else, but this was a lot different, and I'm not huge Matrix fan either, no do I think about it all the time/at all, etc. That's pretty crazy that a lot of us see this same thing without having talked to each other about what we might see and did see...it's always after the fact. For me it's like their skin is kind of like a stock ticker, but infinately more complex, although still kind of in rows (but in "ultra" directions) with all their thoughts, feelings/emotions, and a partial part of how they communicate and share...it's all spralled out on their skin...the symbols were moving far too fast for me to remember them well, but they loooked KIND OF Russian at worst, and of course far more complex, with no percieved end in site...they weren't just "letters" either, but what seemed like some concept of numbers, and then symbols like with Chinese, and then strait up mini-gifs/jpegs. Out of the 2 times, one of them looked like a much far more advanced and detailed version of the scene in fantastic planet where the adults sit next to each other to meditate and then mesh into one being. I saw Fantastic Planet, AFTER I had my first break through and then experienced this. It was uncanny, and not at all unsettling. That's the thing I really "like" (it's so neutral :) ) about DMT...you don't get scared, you don't have time to. Alex Grey is definately a very good artist and certainly does his best to capture his own DMT experience...but my god is it even more infinately more complex than that...(oh really idiot? Well...yeah!) The last time I experienced these entities (I mean that there's different ones too..including the elfish digital aztecs that like to dance around and shit.. but the alien technology skin ones..they "just" sit there and you absorb what you're fortunate for them to pass to you...It's so genious, and they will only show you how much you are ready and worthy to see..worthy comes along with the ready imo. The last time I saw them I had shot up heroin and meth that day (meth is the bigger no no for me), along with being loaded on GHB, benzos, cannabis and a little alcohol..(such a digusting mix ..let alone to even be alive still, but geeze what garbage for the soul_..I sort of accidently did much more DMT then I was used to, and I dove deeper than my other times, but it was like I saw mostly black (in a pure void), with the same entities, way farther back, but close enough to make out their skin to some detail even, and they essentially communicated that I wasn't worthy to experience any more than a sliver of a deeper nature of the realm since I was abusing all those drugs and being bad to myself. Ok, I'm gonna end this now before this turns into a TR in itself, Jesus.... I AM NOT CRAZY. :)

Nice, and thank you. When I read stuff like this (and think back about my own experiences and my friend's as well), nowadays, I start disecting what exactly my mind (their minds for them) was doing/what I was trying to convey to myself. That's what the entities and images, etc all are imo. It's your mind feeding back information to itself. DMT telling you to take a break was probably your own ego saying, "Hey man, you should lay off tripping for a while, until it feels right to do so again..You're not getting anything out of it at this point and if you continue will only serve to screw you over in a bad way..you dig yo?" (yes, your mind is a gangsta. lol). Is your friend A a more confident and gregarious character? I think the DMT took him further and showed him more because he was mentally prepaired to do so. It's a natural defense mechanism imo. It's like when you walk to the edge of a cliff and look over, you don't just run and and don't stop and fall off..you don't just run up really fast to it either, you brace yourself, incase you slip, etc. Even if you had a parachute and were trained to base jump, you'd at least first size yourself up to it...breathing and what not, trying to clear your head..AFTER you did a bunch of research. Anyways, yea all the stuff you said I was interpretting what they ment "in reality yohz!"..instead of some "new age zen crap". Lol..whatever. You guys are hardcore, IV DMT, nice. Peace and good fortune.

Last edited:
Awesome report, I found it very readable. Thanks for sharing!

I have yet to try DMT, but I would love to (I have smoked 5-MeO-DMT several times though, as well as Salvia D extract). It's intriguing to go from baseline to tripping super hard, then returning to baseline in such a short amount of time. When asked to describe how the 5-MeO-DMT felt after being the first in the group to smoke it, I said it was like taking an entire mushrooms trip and condensing it all into 10 minutes time. It's not entirely an accurate description, but I think it's an easy way to relate the experience to others who perhaps have less familiarity with the minutia of different psychedelic drugs (most casual drug users are limited to shrooms, MDMA, and LSD as far as psyches go IME).

...and A insisted on standing as long as possible, because he likes to do foolish things for no reason other than to test his will. I tried to dissuade him from taking a large dose before having tried a medium, but it was no use.
LOL. I too find it fun to push my limits this way. I like testing my abilities to focus and perform tasks while tripping, I can actually retain my composer quite well while tripping (I think so anyway, and sober observers have confirmed this). I have always seemed more grounded than my trip companions, even though I think I trip as hard as they do. I actually think exercising this ability has helped make psychedelics more worthwhile for me as I'm less inclined to have anxiety about loosing control of myself and thus am more able let myself go. Trying to fight it is a lost cause and leads to negative feelings IME.

Did you find the extraction to be difficult or easy? Do you have previous chemistry experience? Was it a time consuming process?

be safe, and have fun.

Last edited:
p.s.

That is an awesome image (animation?) you posted. I think it's one of the best representations of the ineffable nature of what happens visually while tripping I have seen (i.e. the seemingly impossible flowing of one part of the shape into another, and the lack of clearly established spatial dimensions).

Thanks for the report. I've been meaning to IV some synthetic DMT for quite a while now. Strangely, I haven't experienced hyperspace proper with smoked DMT like you and many others have. I did however get there twice by smoking salvia 10x on top of ayahuasca. I can relate to your motivation to research hyperspace, since the first time set me off on a month's worth of reading because perceiving more than three dimensions of space was something I had previously thought impossible.

I highly recommend reading the short book, "Flatland: A romance of many dimensions" by Edwin Abbott. It takes place in zero to three spatial dimensions, with a three-dimensional sphere as a god-like entity in two-dimensional Flatland. The Flatlander and narrator, A. Square, has a vision of The Sphere, who speaks to him about the god of zero-dimensional Pointland, who A. Square was trying to convince of a larger reality:

You see,' said my Teacher, 'how little your words have done. So far as the Monarch understand them at all, he accepts them as his own – for he cannot conceive of any other except himself – and plumes himself upon the variety of Its Thought as an instance of creative Power. Let us leave this God of Pointland to the ignorant fruition of his omnipresence and omniscience: nothing that you or I can do can rescue him from his self-satisfaction.

And my personal favorite quote, stated after A. Square returns from higher dimensional space:

My volition shrinks from the painful task of recalling my humiliation; yet like a second Prometheus I will endure this and worse, if by any means I may arouse in the interiors of Plane and Solid Humanity a spirit of rebellion against the Conceit which would limit our Dimensions to Two or Three or any number short of Infinity. Away then with all personal considerations!

EDIT: Incidentally, it was also around this time when I became obsessed with the ideas behind your other vision of Ouroboros. If you're interested in pursuing what you saw, I also recommend Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by A.I. researcher Douglas Hofstadter. The book explores, among other topics, how various formal self-referential systems may underlie human self-awareness.

Last edited:
^Flatland is indeed an interesting book, defintately recommended. It's very short and easy to read as well as plain entertaining. It also brings up some interesting points to ponder (i.e. the nature of different dimensions and how this shapes our perception of reality). I think it's an appealing book to people who like psychedelic drugs or even those who just generally like reflecting on the mysteries of life.

YES! Someone else have noticed what i've been saying to my friends for a long time now. DMT-objects are 4-dimensional, but our brains are hardwired for 3-D, and what we see is called a projection onto 3 dimensions of 4-D objects. And the hypercube up there is a projection onto 2-D, ofcourse.

I would like to see how they really look. :)

For me it's like their skin is kind of like a stock ticker, but infinately more complex, although still kind of in rows (but in "ultra" directions) with all their thoughts, feelings/emotions, and a partial part of how they communicate and share...it's all spralled out on their skin...the symbols were moving far too fast for me to remember them well, but they loooked KIND OF Russian at worst, and of course far more complex, with no percieved end in site...they weren't just "letters" either, but what seemed like some concept of numbers, and then symbols like with Chinese, and then strait up mini-gifs/jpegs.

There were symbols embedded in the circuitry as I remember, but they were foreign and I was much to engrossed by the size of the entity. Typically I see sanscrit-looking text but also hieroglyphics and other pictographs.

Is your friend A a more confident and gregarious character? I think the DMT took him further and showed him more because he was mentally prepaired to do so. It's a natural defense mechanism imo.

Haha..yes. VERY gregarious. VERY confidant. He thought he'd seen everything after tripping for years and years but he'd never seen THAT SHIT. =D

Stirfry said:
Did you find the extraction to be difficult or easy? Do you have previous chemistry experience? Was it a time consuming process?

The extraction is quite easy. I have a little bit of college chemistry but I didn't need it. It takes a few hours but it's not much work. My advice: Stick to mimosa, vinegar and lye. GO BIG. It's the same amount of effort. and if you have a stubborn emulsion, just keep adding lye a bit at a time until it dissolves.

psood0nym said:
Incidentally, it was also around this time when I became obsessed with the ideas behind your other vision of Ouroboros. If you're interested in pursuing what you saw, I also recommend Godel, Escher, Bach

I've read most of it and I found it really interesting. Definitely going to check out Flatland, since it's already on my kindle.