Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DIPHENHYDRAMINE(Benedryl, Unisom) RETROSPECTIVE

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
So yesterday afternoon i decided to go to my local cvs to pick up some Unisom gel caps for sleeping (50mgs diphenhydramine) because i had run out of my ambien sleep med's and i know without anything to help me sleep im screwed in the sleep department. So i decided to take 3 unisom thinking it would put me to sleep but before i could put me to sleep it made me start tripping a little bit. It reminded me exactly of the feeling i had when i used to abuse them in high school days. All i could think of was my old trips i had had on unisom when i would take 16 at a time (half a bottle). Those trips were INSANE. One day in particular stands out, it was a school day and i popped 16 50 mg's diph's before i went into school and by 2nd period i was gone. My friend who was sitting next to me was my trip sitter because he was in pretty much all of my classes. I remember asking him many times who all the people were in the room because i didnt recognize any of them, even though they were all my classmates. The walls would constantly melt and there would be spider webs forming EVERYWHERE the whole time i was tripping. At the end of the day is when shit got really weird. After school i went to use the phone to call my father to pick me up from school, so i dialed the number and he picked up and started yelling at me telling me hes been out front for 20 mins waiting for me but then i listen again and the phones still ringing....complete auditory hallucination. Then i walk out into the hall and there's all the track kids sitting there talking because they stay after for practice so i walked over and started to shoot the shit with them until my biology teacher comes up behind me and asks me who i was talking too. Sure enough there was no one there. I can remember MULTIPLE occasions where i would be talking to people i didnt know, the trips were VERY strange. Also i remember my buddy tried it once with me and he didnt move off of his bed for 7 hours due to the "spiders" all over the floor. Now thats what i call diphenhydramine psychosis. Anyone else have any crazy experiences with diphenhydramine? It is by far the most uncontrollable feeling of psychosis ive ever had other then saliva....but for some reason i loved it and probably tripped off it a good 80 times in a 2 year period.

Saliva can fuck you up pretty bad; this one time I drank like half a pint of saliva, it was just crazy maan...

lol I know what you mean though.

and I would try to trip every night, upping my tolerance. My highest dose was 1350 mg's diphen, about 3 weeks ago. I recall seeing an ant on my bed. I poked it so it would stick to my finger + die instantly (my way of killing ants), and proceeded to flick it away. I looked back, and there were trails of ants. I thought for about 5 seconds they were real, but realized they weren't after getting a really close look, and they kinda fade in to the blanket in this wierd way.

what bugs the shit out of me is how realistic the hallucinations are. My dose is so high, because I would take 300,400,500,600 mg's nightly, and get the same effects each night. Little did I know, because my door was locked, I felt secure of anybody seeing me. When I took the 1350mg's, normally I would've gotten the same effect, but it was on a day where my parents left, and my brother was up. At one point, he walks in and asks to play the Wii.
I was like ok go ahead. Spiders on the walls. Occasional streak, neon light, and etches in the peripheral. my bro turned around and stared at me, I started to get mad because he woulnd't say anything. This went on for about 20 minutes, until I fearfully through my shoe at him. It went through him, and he dissapeared. I went out of my room, and he was out there too...

That same night, I recall looking out the window and seeing my cousin digging up my secret stash. Nobody knows of this stash, I DON;T Even know the exact location of it, but sure enough, he was frantically digging it up. I ran out there crying (sexual, trip report, and some hate notes are in that ghetto time capsule, only meant for my eyes), only to realize nobody was there. Shit got intense.

..The only negative thing about it is really the tolerance goes up so fast, it shouldn't be taken recrationally more than once between long time intervals, and if you do that you won't have to take as much as I do.

damn bro 1350 is ALOT, but then again my tolerance is zero as of now. But really i couldn't even picture a human being able to walk on 1350mgs of dihpen. wowzaaaaaaa

I know this is a really old post.

But if I've never tried diphenydramine, should I mix it with weed first? Or just try it solo.

I want to trip.

Diphenhydramine isn't really a trip, it's more like being insane/delirious for a few hours. You can get into trouble because you have no ability to differentiate your hallucinations from reality and you can thus behave quite dangerously/irrationally.