• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid vs. Roxi

Blowpana

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
this is my first post here, hoping I'm posting in the right spot. Anyway, I've been off my favorite drug, Opana (highest strength), and now only occasionally endulge in some lesser strength opies. I choose between 8mg Dilaudid and 30mg Roxie. I've seen a post like this, but not exact. My situation is the nasal passageway is my preferred method, as I know the Ds have poor BA when taken orally, what about snorted? I usually choose the Ds because the Roxie's are so small. I know the Ds may just be more filler, but maybe it's a mental thing. My question is, what will give me more bang for my buck? The small Roxie 30s (which are expensive and seem to take me at least 2 to feel) or the larger 8mg Ds?? keep in mind it would take me at least a full Opana 40mg to feel anything, but that was about 2-3 months ago., so I still have a relatively high tolerance.

The bioavailability of using Dilaudid orally is between 10-15%, while that of a dry nasal method is between 25-30%, so it's about twice as better. One way you can increase the nasal effectiveness is to dissolve the pill in a very small amount of water and administer it in your nose. Please be careful with this as it increases the bioavailability to 60-65%, if you choose this.

With oxycodone, it is different. Bioavailability of oral use ranges between 60-83% while insuffalting it varies, but has an average of only 45%.

I hope these statistics help you to get your money's worth.