• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dilaudid for Oxycodone WD

Cake pop

Greenlighter
Hey. So I’ve been on 10mg Oxycodone 3x/day for years. I legitimately had increased pain the last two weeks from travel and ended up using more pills. I have 3 days until I can get a refill. My question is will oral dilaudid help at all with WD? I tried to cut down to 7.5mg 3X/day and WD hit. I have 2mg Dilaudid prescribed previously. I just never use them.

I just don’t know if this low bio availability means it won’t help with the drawl or just means I won’t get high?

Has as anyone successfully used Dilaudid for Oxy WD? I’m so scared because just cutting my dose down was rough. No sleep, diarrhea, panic. Tonight is my last Oxy dose. I’m skurred.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hi Cake pop, welcome to Bluelight :)

So sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'm going to move your thread over to Sober Living because the folks there will probably have some great ideas on how to help you with this.

Good luck!
CFC

Hey. So I’ve been on 10mg Oxycodone 3x/day for years. I legitimately had increased pain the last two weeks from travel and ended up using more pills. I have 3 days until I can get a refill. My question is will oral dilaudid help at all with WD? I tried to cut down to 7.5mg 3X/day and WD hit. I have 2mg Dilaudid prescribed previously. I just never use them.

I just don’t know if this low bio availability means it won’t help with the drawl or just means I won’t get high?

Has as anyone successfully used Dilaudid for Oxy WD? I’m so scared because just cutting my dose down was rough. No sleep, diarrhea, panic. Tonight is my last Oxy dose. I’m skurred.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome, cake pop. No need to be scared, as one opiate cross-addicts for all of them. If you have a good supply of Dilaudid you should be fine. That's not an outrageous dose of Oxy, either. The main difference with D's--what we used to call them in the Pacific NW--is that they are very short acting. I don't know how you're taking these drugs, but the quicker your method gets them into your bloodstream, the shorter the time they will be active in your body. I don't know the actual comparison, but seem to remember that 4 mg of Dilaudid was equal to 20 mg of oxy. Approximately. One D, maybe 2, at the times you usually take your oxy, should keep you out of withdrawals. Am I correct in assuming that you are taking these meds for pain and are only interested in getting through this rough patch? Or are you interested in getting off them altogether? That wasn't really clear to me. Don't worry, though! After that quick taper--which I'm sure was hard, you shouldn't be in withdrawals once you start using the Dilaudid. Best wishes on your journey!