View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Different Ways to Administer Magic Mushrooms

aref

Greenlighter
Hello, I have recently acquired some psilocybin mushrooms and i was trying to reaserch different ways to consume them. I have eaten dried mushrooms 5 times in the past and i was looking to see if any different way of consuming them would make a more comfortable experience. I have looked for the answers to these questions but cannot really get a straight answer. I understand a clear answer is hard because these kind of things vary from person to person, but if anyone with past experience could share how these affected them, that would be much appreciated. What i want to know is how these methods of administration affect certain aspects of the trip compared to eating the mushrooms dry.

Methods of administration:
Brewing Tea
Mixing in Orange Juice
Lemon Tek
Mixing any of the above together

How do these methods each affect these aspects of the trip:
Nausea
Intensity of come up
Duration of come up
Duration of trip
Intensity of trip

Also, if anyone recommends one method for a certain level trip and another one for another, what would it be for 1,2,3,4,5.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Just eat them whole they don't taste that bad. Or if you do not like the taste or eating them whole, grind them up and put them into gel-caps.

Making them into tea, or other liquids just makes the experience come on faster.

Taking them while you fast or don't eat for at least 4 hours before taking them gets rid of nausea. Ginger can also help with nausea, and cannabis will too.

For the trip "levels" there's a dosage calculator on the shroomery but it's not always that accurate.

The first time I took them with friend we had a ++++ experience of the Shulgin scale or a Level 4 experience complete with telepathy, ego death, and a spiritual experience and we only ate 2.0g (I consumed this much), and my friend ate 1.5g of dried mushrooms whole.

The dosage calculator said how we would have had to eat a lot more than we did in order to get a ++++/level 4 experience, and this was not true. These were dried Psilocybin mushrooms too.

Last edited:
I highly recommend tea, at least as far as the +++ experiences I've had. The nausea-inducing chemicals in the fungus tend to remain behind when you brew them.

I think it's the fibrous tissue, not any "loose" chemicals that is the problem - recently we've been over that very same point... but yeah you leave that tissue behind with a tea. Would be interesting to check how nausea inducing it is to throw fresh ones in a blender to make a drink. Enough times to account for coincidence of course.

Fresh ones in the blender with fruit juice has given me my most potent trip ever, it was 40g cubensis (so 4g dry or a bit over) though but incomparable with any other 35g / 3.5g trip I've had since.

- I wouldn't bother with any lemon tek, any citric fruit juice should do just fine (I had multi juice which has permanently associated it with shrooms for me). Whether it works is a controversy, it may help a little but is not proven. Thread here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?t=224669

- Brewing a tea or making any other concoction which puts the psychoactive alkaloids into watery solution will make for a short onset. The kinetics are faster and this alone makes the trip more potent. Meaning: shortened come-up, intenser and possibly more visual / overwhelming etc come-up... often can lead up to a more intense trip overall due to such a 'successful launch' but IME the same duration

- As said, for nausea tea may be your best bet but if you ask me you might as well blend the mushrooms to make it more digestible. Shroom smoothies (shrmoothies?) may still irk the stomach a bit though, not nausea but just the same thing as putting the alkaloids into your body in different ways but having something lying in your stomach. Tea will be taken right up, smoothies and juices a tad less. Possible shroom burps abound.

Have you had such massive nausea from the previous shroom trips? If not, don't overthink it, a bit of a waste of time.

thanks for the advice all, the same night I posted this thread I consumed mushrooms via orange juice because that was the only thing I had available, and it wasn't very nauseating, hit in around 20 minutes, came up noticably for the first hour and a half about, and then from then on it was just kind of the same level of intensity throughout the rest of the trip. It was very different from all my other experiences and I think I'll try it again before trying tea or lemon juice just so I can see if the differences between eating them and orange juice are gonna be similar each time.

I've had significantly different (potentiated) experiences with tea and shroominade compared to eating them straight, but to be fair they weren't all from the same batch and were very likely different species, so it's hard to say how much the ROA affected the strength. Tea floored me to the point where I couldn't think about nausea if I had any (but don't remember any). The shroominade was more difficult to drink but I don't remember much nausea with that, either. Only eating them on a sandwich seems to give me any stomach upset and that's usually just minor cramps.

I think tea is the call, gets rid of most if not all stomach issues.

The times I've eaten them down with OJ I end up coming up way too quick and puking very abruptly and abundantly. Stomach full of stinky cubes and acidic OJ is quite unstable lol.