• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Different types of (platonic) relationships (?)

Ziiirp

Bluelighter
During moments of reflecting my relationships with others I observed the phenomenon, that every person cheriches different types of friendships (wow what an afflatus :) ).
I will shortly paraphrase my own version of a classification of relationships and then mention why I initially came up with the topic.

1.) The context-sensitive friendship
------------------------------------

The guys, that share one (or several) special interest with you and you only meet those people, when you engage in the hobby, that you have in common.
(for instance team-sports colleagues, video game buddies, reading club members, sex buddies)

2.) The teacher
---------------

You are friends with someone, that has advanced skills in a field, which you also are interested/active in, in hope that you can learn from em.

3.) The comedian/helper
-----------------------

People, that constantly (and quite successfully) try to brighten up the atmosphere with little jokes and anecdotes, not like a self-centered extrovert, but more subtly.
You appreciate their presence, because they make you laugh more often and subsequently increase your quality of life. In the same category I would put those persons, that -
negatively put - have a helper complex and always stand in for their friends (or everyone who is asking) while sometimes (or more often) forgetting their own needs.

4.) Sharing a common past
-------------------------

You grew up in the same area/went to the same school/s and together lived through many significant events. You are friends (not exclusively) out of "habitualness".

5.) The successfull (wealthy)
-----------------------------

You like to be seen with and surrounded by someone more successfull than yourself in order to open up new opportunities in the society for you.

6.) The (subjectively physically) beautiful
-------------------------------------------

Similar to 5.), but just focused on the outer appearance of a person.

7.) The spiritual/religious
---------------------------

A person, that shares the same worldview/ideology and practices a similar spiritual path as yourself. You underwent the same problems during the journey and can help each other
to stay on the path.

Of course there could be varying taxonomies. What I wanted to illuminate: It is interesting to analyze, why we choose to be friends with someone or why another person is interested in contacting us. Of course your friends can meet several of the "criteria".
Often I come to the conclusion, that the other person has superficial motives and then I feel the need to rather be alone than to meet someone, that is just interested in
gaining social advantages out of your relationship. And vice versa, everytime when I realized I wanted to be in contact with someone, because they can provide something, but I cannot give something back, I did not want the relationship to be manifested. Retrospectively I think that is a dumb approach :D What I personally believe is, that if you have friends of category 7) you can consider yourself lucky because those kinds of friendships are damn rar in my world.

Ideally nobody should think about their "types of friendships" but in a society, where everything is mercenary sometimes a certain amount of paranoia can be vital. Do you have similar thought patterns or is that a too rational approach to evaluate relationships with human beings ? Actually I really hate the term "social engineering", because it is the tip of the iceberg of superficiality, but having a system kind of helps me to understand my own behaviour better.

I'm seriously asking this ...are you high ..possibly tripping? Sounds like a tripping lsd conversation lol (not a bad thing) .

i actually like when ppl do this so congrats but there's more than just those ..way way more you were describing the way ppl start to get along or why they stay intouch but there's def other types ..

like emotional needs , physical needs was touched on but how about just the ones who help you gain confidence no sex is had but the opposite sex person you talk to who helps you stay confident when single ..usually girls have a few of these who are friend zoned guys lol

I'm seriously asking this ...are you high ..

That's like asking "Do you know Messi?" on a football forum.

I was just hungover and on a low dose stimulants. Was a dumb idea to take it while hungover. I still think, that if one analyzes the reason to be friends with someone, it can be broken down into a few categories of bases of interests. An exception is, when you are some kind of a holy person and spread love independently of seeking personal benefits. But those cases are rar.

That's like asking "Do you know Messi?" on a football forum.

I was just hungover and on a low dose stimulants. Was a dumb idea to take it while hungover. I still think, that if one analyzes the reason to be friends with someone, it can be broken down into a few categories of bases of interests. An exception is, when you are some kind of a holy person and spread love independently of seeking personal benefits. But those cases are rar.

I'm not against you and you're right dumb question but you were talking like you had a high thought lol ..sometimes high thoughts aren't the typical weed in movie thoughts but actual life observations ...everyone does has a role in a group of friends and their qualities/why you're friends are usually different with each person.

what about people you are friends with because of multiple factors like sense of humour overlap and shared ideas on things and both being good natured and enjoying similar things as pastimes?

what about platonic love for your friends?

your categories seem kind of shallow

Okay.. This guy just got either a variation of 5 smart-ass replies or personal attacks. Where is the justice on this forum. I'm assuming this is a click no doubt.

You would think this forum was ran by professionalism, but as you can see...... That is not the case.

Ziiirp, I will kindly respond to your post. I definitely see what you're talking here. I've seen every scenario relationship you've labeled most definitely. And of course, you just have your good ole buds to ^^^

I'm sorry you had to receive all the smart-ass comments dude.. PLUR buddy, PLUR.

i guess you could add, sharing similar personality traits, that way you relate to the other person because you have similar reasons behind the way you act, and similar world views.

Seems to me nowadays that "platonic" if often restricted to describe man-woman relationships that have a potential for something more.