• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Differences in taste between Alprazolam and Clonazepam

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've just curious as to the taste difference between the two drugs. I've found Alprazolam to have an extremely bitter taste and Clonazepam to have a minty taste. Is this true? Cheers.

Yes its true I’ve been prescribed both and couldn’t stand the taste of Xanax. Switched to Klonopin and that nasty taste went away.

Xanax under the tongue is doable. Clonazpam has a sweet taste to it. Haven’t done benzos in awhile.

Kpins and xans both aren't water soluble, which is why people say snorting is a waste. SL seems like it'd just be torture with the distinct sharp bitter taste of xans, as it would break down but i'm not sure it would dissolve, guessing most would just be swallowed and then broken down by acids in the stomach where it will enter the bloodstream. There is more in spit than just water, but I believe it's generally accepted that water solubility is required for the drug to enter into the mucosa in the mouth then bloodstream.

And yeah OP xans are unbearably bitter(like a distinct sharp bitter, not chalky) and kpins have a minty taste.

I think they add the minty taste to kpins so you can take them under the tongue, but I'm not 100%. Etizolam has no taste whatsoever and is closely related so... idk lol. And Valium is almost as bitter as xanax.

I have some hyoscyamine tablets that taste minty and dissolve under my tongue. Poisonous atropines shouldn't taste this good, definitely added.

there is a huge difference. the main being the come-up and the half-life/duration of each. Xanax is the go-to option for someone whom needs immediate relief of anxiety, clonazepam however differs, you can use it the same as xanax however, it has a smoother come-up, you can take it sublingually and have it in your blood much quicker than swallowing it which xanax is unncessesary to take this way as it has a quick mode of action, i will always prefer kpins to xanax due to how much smoother they are vs the counterpart, that does not go to say one is better than the other, having taken hundreds of mgs over the years of both, i can only say that it comes down to what you need it for and prefference.

I personally enjoy how much longer kpins act, aswell as you don't notice them wearing off as much as one would xans, but which is more effective? i would say they are equally as effective, just depends, are you panic or anxiety prone? then xanax might be preffered but for general anxiety aswell as to keep it at bay, clonazepam is the go-to the long half life is exceptionally more effective for general anxiety and the fact that its much smoother in all ways vs xanax, but xanax is much more 'in your face' so to speak for a lack of a better way to put it right now which has its own benefits.

Clonazepam has been more effective at aiding me to cut down/use less of opiates in terms of my dependency to pain balance that i'm battling currently, which i also combine with Lyrica to form a sort of holy-grail for the anxiety i experience at times, but thats just my 2 cents.

most drugs have a similar taste to me, but clonazepam is substantially better than most, it goes almost unnoticed for myself, considering the amount of different things i consume, the worst drug i still can't get used to after years in terms of bitterness is morphine sulfate, shit tastes fucking ungodly.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer Clonazepam as its just a strong a Alprazolam and it lasts way much longer!!

ok i take 6mg of xanax and 18mg of clon .i know this may sound silly but do benzos have a level so they stop being influential . i understand my levels are high and i am now tolerant . to the point family and friends do not suspect and actually prefer me when i take more for parties and gatherings .they are ignorant of my habit

Last edited:
i never notice a taste from kpins but i rarely sub them, cocaine tastes just as good if you can taste anything after you smoke it that is, let alone your face.
Personally I prefer Clonazepam as its just a strong a Alprazolam and it lasts way much longer!!
i second this, kpins are my go-to but i'll settle for anything right now, if you want to pour a bottle of kpins into my mouth right now, i'll let you, any takers? going once going twi....nevermind i was quicker, amps won.

ok i take 6mg of xanax and 18mg of clon .i know this may sound silly but do benzos have a level so they stop being influential . i understand my levels are high and i am now tolerant . to the point family and friends do not suspect and actually prefer me when i take more for parties and gatherings .they are ignorant of my habit
thats .... yeah i wouldn't attempt that myself, i'd be in a drug induced coma for a day and if i did with a stim, lord knows i'd end up waking up in a cell asking the cop on duty that would really not want to come to the holding area but i'd force him to by putting the cover they give you to sleep with over the bars, i don't know why that gets them to run to the cells so quick it's not like they don't search you thoroughly before throwing you in there... and not many people shove a couple grams up their ass prior to their arrest, i did know one guy who did this with meth, but he had a rep for doing this with drugs and selling them once in the prison, so they kept an eye on him, and at some point clearly it broke and released into his system because he must have kicked the cell door a couple hundred times within 10minutes before i heard a crunching sound and him whining about his foot hurting, pretty sure he fractured something, serves him right, i was trying to sleep. they seperated him on the transport because everyone was pissed as fuck with him for disturbing their sleep, he's a very very lucky dude.