The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Difference in heroin packaging causing OD's

12monkeysnyc

Bluelighter
So, I am posting this because I would like to hear peoples opinion on this. I lived in the midwest for a while, and I used dope for a year while there. It was always sold in small clear plastic bags, and almost always only in two specific priced bags. (Not sure if I can post the prices, so if I can, someone let me know and I will) Now I live back in the NYC area (where im from) and have never bought dope in anything besides stamp bags (small glassine envelopes folded and taped shut, with some "brand" name stamped on it, for those unfamiliar)

Now, obviously people are dyeing all over the country because of heroin OD's, but i felt like a lot more people were overdosing in the midwest where I lived (at least a lot more people I knew personally) than around here on the east coast. I think this is because of the way the dope is sold out there. Wherever you are, you don't know how strong the dope your buying is, but at least with the stamps it is easy to tell how much you are doing because you are opening each small bag individually. Out there, when buying it packaged that way, it was impossible to measure your dose. I used to just pour some in and hope it wasn't too strong. I OD'ed 3 times out there, (luckily having been at home with a friend and bottle of narcan on hand) and I have literally never overdosed here on the EC. And i have used dope for many more years than the 1 that I did in the midwest. So does anyone think the difference in packaging is what is causing all the OD's and deaths?

Not sure but you might get more responses in NASADD, will move this there.