• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Did relapse of opiates cause all the pain?

trolling123

Bluelighter
Recently i took a 10 day break from my oxycodone and decided i was at a point i could use again without having to fear for WDs. The next day after i dosed i've never felt such horrible pain in my back in my life (i do have herniated discs slightly and a pinched nerve). It was so numb i couldn't tell when my back was against the wall/or a chair and i barley was able to feel "normal" after about 900MG gabapentin spaced out over a couple hours. I didn't even feel that sort of pain during my oxycodone withdrawal i recently went through.... Now do you guys think i was just high on my oxys and was leaning forward so i couldn't tell i was hurting myself or did taking the opies cause me to go into a small WD and caused all the pain? Today is the 3rd day since i last took the oxys and my pain levels are back to normal... Im really confused because i've never felt that pain before and didn't happen during my recent oxy withdrawal a few weeks ago. Is this what people mean by "the withdrawals get worse and worse each time"? I am hoping i was just high and was leaning forward all night hurting my back.... If this is the type of pain i'd feel even using once a week it would not be worth it.

Also just another random question too go along with this - How often should i space out my dose to not be physically addicted? I know the mental aspect will always be there , but i'd like to use once a week if i could on those days that gabapentin just doesnt do the trick and also get a little something outta it while i take it.

Space your dose 24 hours or more to avoid addiction.

As far as the back, maybe you just tweaked it?

Space your dose 24 hours or more to avoid addiction.

As far as the back, maybe you just tweaked it?
I think i am going to assume while i was on my opiates for the first time in 10 days i might have over stretched or leaned forward for 2-3 hours at my desk which would have REALLY affected my already herniated discs. Its been 3 days since and i've been doing my daily physical therapy and feel a lot better today. Just also fear it could of been because the relapse... Will see if anyone else has had an experience like this.

Last edited:
I'd say it's very plausible that you further injured yourself while high but just didn't realize it until the pain medication wore off.

Also, when you take painkillers sporadically (like once a week) you may not get withdrawals but you may likely get rebound sensitivity to pain for awhile after the dose wears off. I think you may have injured yourself while high and then had to indure the extra sensitivity to pain after the drugs wore off.

You've already been addicted in the past. Using once a week will be a very slippery slope. Good luck.

I'd say it's very plausible that you further injured yourself while high but just didn't realize it until the pain medication wore off.

Also, when you take painkillers sporadically (like once a week) you may not get withdrawals but you may likely get rebound sensitivity to pain for awhile after the dose wears off. I think you may have injured yourself while high and then had to indure the extra sensitivity to pain after the drugs wore off.

You've already been addicted in the past. Using once a week will be a very slippery slope. Good luck.
I think thats most likely what happened, i know i did stretches and such not too long after i took them so its most likely i didn't notice anything hurting. Hell even normally when i do feel the pain, i can forget im slouched over and end up being REALLY sore. So taking the opiates can make me completely forget about posture when sitting. I've had rebound pain in the past and just recently went through a small oxy withdrawal and the pain wasn't similar to what i just had experienced.

Thanks and i shall tread lightly.

If you find this happens on semi regular basis you might want to read up on opioid induced HyperAlgesia. People that have had this condition actually get more relief from very low dose naloxone /naltrexone & ketamine than opioids, crazy as it may sound.

If you find this happens on semi regular basis you might want to read up on opioid induced HyperAlgesia. People that have had this condition actually get more relief from very low dose naloxone /naltrexone & ketamine than opioids, crazy as it may sound.
Wow never even heard of that , might need to look into that possibly. This is the first time i've ever had that happen in the last 2-3 years of my on and off use. Thanks for the input

Hearing about opioid induced HyperAlgesia is pretty scary... I've never taken oxys for more than 3 weeks daily (my dose was about 80MG and normally was around 60MG 2-3 times a week before that) and that was recently right before i took the 10 days off for the new year. During that period i did have the typical pains you feel with WD , but nothing like what i experienced after using monday (50MG hydrocodone , 50MG tramadol).... It was the worst pain ive been in and i thought i dislocated both my shoulders. I am hoping it was just from me leaning over my desk because my c6-7 is buldging and if i leaned over my desk while i game it hurts me BADLY. The pain was centralized in my back too between the bottom of my neck and above my butt so i think it was my c6-7 acting up(normally my l4-l5 is what casues the problem , but that same morning i didn't have any leg numbness or much issues with that...) . Knowing this + that i gamed for 2-3 hours that night i think i just was leaning forward and hurt my already existing c6-7 problem. If the pain wasnt centralized there and i couldnt control my legs or they felt on fire i'd likely have thought opioid induced HyperAlgesia.

Last edited:
It's highly unlikely considering your light usage that it's HA I've just been obsessing about it after reading a huge paper on it a few days ago. Another poster in here was touting how Ultra Low Dose Naloxone (ULDN) at the 40-120ug range can potentiate opioid agonists by 2-3x. I'm itching to try it after I can devise a way to isolate that small of a dose from a 4mg vial. I think that would be threadworthy.

It's highly unlikely considering your light usage that it's HA I've just been obsessing about it after reading a huge paper on it a few days ago. Another poster in here was touting how Ultra Low Dose Naloxone (ULDN) at the 40-120ug range can potentiate opioid agonists by 2-3x. I'm itching to try it after I can devise a way to isolate that small of a dose from a 4mg vial. I think that would be threadworthy.
I too think its unlikely and is a result of me leaning forward (might sound dumb saying "leaning forward" can cause problems , but anyone with a desk job/disc issues can confirm). I have taken opiates recreationally before i had spinal injuries that required me to take them , but again ive never was a daily user for more than 3-4 days at a time besides the 3 week binge i went on during the holidays. I think i hurt my pre-existing c6-7 injury slightly more whilst high.... Im nervous to try opiates again now.

If you were "high" enough that you leaned forward for a protracted amount of time (as if to nod) without moving, then no doubt that's what did it.

Even with mild substances, weed, booze...I can get to laying in a position that FEELS comfortable AT THE TIME....but as soon as it starts to wear off i'm like "oh shit how long have I been sitting this way!"

Part of the reason I use opiates is to spend LESS time on my ass, because I find the more time I spend sitting down, the worse my joints gradually get. I think from nothing else than horrid posture!