• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Did anyone smoke weed after?

AngryHappy

Greenlighter
Did anyone start smoking marijuana after experiencing psychosis?
I used to smoke a bunch of weed for four years, then I quit. Two weeks after I quit, I started experiencing psychosis(hearing voices and thought people were after me). But, I was never too paranoid to not leave my house. Idk if I have schizophrenia, but I am on a low dose of antipsychotics. I really miss smoking marijuana, but I am not sure if I should start back again.

I personally have not experienced this, but why not start with a little and see the effects and go from there. A hit won't kill you

Have someone with you and try a little if you're inclined. I recall my first time using after psychosis I was a bit more paranoid, and the second time noticed some effects kind of similar to my psychosis. This went away when I went to sleep and woke up. Biggest thing is to KEEP CALM, if you're scared, tell yourself it will pass and ask your friend to help you stay calm, if you have a good time, high five your friend!

Just make sure your friend isn't a dick who would make the experience worse and who knows how to calm people down. I was with some friends at the start of my psychosis and two of them were able to give me really good talks to help me calm down (wasn't out of psychosis but I was a bit more relaxed). They would repeat things like "You're getting enough oxygen and you're going to wake up tomorrow" or "You're going to remember to go class and you'll remember to take your meds and you'll remember to [do a medical thing I have to do]"

Have someone with you and try a little if you're inclined. I recall my first time using after psychosis I was a bit more paranoid, and the second time noticed some effects kind of similar to my psychosis. This went away when I went to sleep and woke up. Biggest thing is to KEEP CALM, if you're scared, tell yourself it will pass and ask your friend to help you stay calm, if you have a good time, high five your friend!

Just make sure your friend isn't a dick who would make the experience worse and who knows how to calm people down. I was with some friends at the start of my psychosis and two of them were able to give me really good talks to help me calm down (wasn't out of psychosis but I was a bit more relaxed). They would repeat things like "You're getting enough oxygen and you're going to wake up tomorrow" or "You're going to remember to go class and you'll remember to take your meds and you'll remember to [do a medical thing I have to do]"

Yeah I'm going to smoke a small amount and see how it effects me. Did you take medication for your psychosis and still smoke on them?

I personally have not experienced this, but why not start with a little and see the effects and go from there. A hit won't kill you

Yeah I'm going to do that, but I might wait until I'm off the medication, don't know how they will interact.

Yeah I'm going to smoke a small amount and see how it effects me. Did you take medication for your psychosis and still smoke on them?
I was in a psychosis with complete memory loss at certain (the worst) times, so I had gone to an ER and then in-patient, the ER visit was a good 5-6 days following the start of the psychosis (I had friends take care of me). I was put on Olanzapine 10mg 3x a day at the start, which tapered down to 10mg in the evening and eventually off them (over about 2 months). I only used cannabis when off them but I've not heard of any interaction between the two drugs (google it anyway).

I was in a psychosis with complete memory loss at certain (the worst) times, so I had gone to an ER and then in-patient, the ER visit was a good 5-6 days following the start of the psychosis (I had friends take care of me). I was put on Olanzapine 10mg 3x a day at the start, which tapered down to 10mg in the evening and eventually off them (over about 2 months). I only used cannabis when off them but I've not heard of any interaction between the two drugs (google it anyway).
Oh I see, that's good that you are off of them. I started off with 15 mg of Saphris, now I'm taking 5 mg. I might smoke a tiny bit of weed just to see how things go.

I've mixed weed with abilify (an a-typical antipsychotic), and found that weed has little or no effect. Certainly don't get a happy high feeling like I used to, more just drowsy and groggy. That said, I'm stuck on the max dose of the shit, via injection.

Hope all goes well for you