• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexadrine Binge Prevention Help?

Hallopatric

Greenlighter
While I should learn to just stop I really struggle. I derive a lot of benefit from periodically taking dexedrine and am curious about any suggestions for preventing binges that have proven successful. Not necessarily just other pharms, perhaps over the counter, activities, things not to do (like staying in front of a comp), maybe even mental techniques (which is a little silly to ask for, but I've looked in the mirror and reasoned why not and read all the health risks over and over). Or even just hearing that someone else got over the irrational binging would be nice.
I am prescribed one 10mg dexedrineIR daily. I don't take them on a regular basis as I don't have trouble functioning with normal day to day activities. But for projects that require maintaining focus for 3+ hours, it's essential.
For the last two weeks of the month I have no problem taking just one or two or not taking them altogether. In fact unless I have something to do I don't feel like taking it. However, at least once a month right when I get my prescription filled I binge anywhere between 24-48 hours, taking 30-40 every 12 hours, initially taken with what I'm working on but eventually it makes no sense to me why I'm still at it. I've done this 5 times. It's always surprising and scary, especially because I deal well with not being on it and don't usually crave it. I've never taken drugs except in moderation before and am generally reasonable but I've been really struggling. Any help is much appreciated. If I can't stop the binging this next month then I obviously should not maintain a prescription, but it's so helpful otherwise.

It's a euphoric, addictive drug. The way I see it, your options are to give them to a trusted individual (parent, boyfriend/girlfriend) and have them dole them out 1 per day, no matter what. Have them watch you take it.

Otherwise, drop the script. Addiction and neurotoxicity isn't worth it.

"but it's so helpful otherwise. "

Welcolm to the world of Dextroamphetamine. 10-15mgs banishes fatigue and improves the mood IN MOST PEOPLE!.

But after a few weeks dose goes up, as tolerance sets it. After 3 months it can take 10x the original dose to do the job.

Soon you cannot function without a daily fix of high dose Dex, thats why they were jerked from the market and placed Sch ll in 1970.

When you first take amps you feel like a rock star, after time you become twisted enought to think your family are out to get you-seen it time and time again.