• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help DETOXING MYSELF FROM SUBS

JunkJunkie

Greenlighter
Okay, so I am 42 years old. I've been using anything and everything, mainly tho my DOC was any opiate I could get my hands on, including H, since the age of 16. My addiction was horrendous!! I have tried numerous times for years to get to clean. I have FINALLY reached the milestone of having a year and 2 months clean and sober!!!! Which I am so proud of myself!! Well, some will argue that because I've been prescribed suboxone for a year. Anyways, I'm not looking for negativity to be honest!! I'm sick and tired of the suboxone. After a while one just becomes dependent on it. I've done so good and definitely dont want to mess it up, but I've got to stop the subs. I WANT to stop the subs!!! A lil backstory... I was asking my doctor to start weaning me off so I was down to 18mgs a day I did not know that, for some reason it just never registered with me, nor was i told, that I couldn't take kratom being in the program i was in. Well I hurt my back at work and for a month on and off I took a couple kratom here and there. I ended up failing a drug test for it. The program I was in gave me 2 choices #1) go back to inpatient rehab for another 6 months (just graduated that July 2020) #2) go to outpatient rehab 4 days a week/5 hours a day. Well I definitely wasnt doing option #1 nor #2. If I had of chosen outpatient rehab I would have had to quit my job which would result in loosing my house and car. I just said eff it. I told my counselor I would just have to detox myself because I had no other choice in the matter. Well I've done great. I'm down to 4 mgs a day right now and have been for a couple weeks. I still have like 10 8mgs left along with like 14 or 15 2mgs (I take the strips)
YALL PLEASE HELP ME! What is the best way for me to finish cutting down so my WDs are at least bearable????? Will kratom help once I quit taking the subs???? I've not touched kratom since I failed that test, which has been right at aa month ago.

4mgs is still a shit ton to be honest...very powerful drug to say the least...I was on 6mg for 6 years and jumped and it was just horrendous but I managed to stay clean for 5 years until I relapsed and have been messing with low doses of oxycodone for the last 3 years which I'm trying to get off now....Not sure what you should do but I assure you 4mgs of Suboxone is no joke...You want it bad enough get some clonidine which is the only thing that helped ease the symptoms a bit and just jump and things will calm down in 3 weeks but my withdrawal peaked at 11 days out and it was very difficult...You become so tired but can't rest because your so uncomfortable....it can be done but you have to be in the right mind frame and just hard to do but not impossible...Best of luck!

Theres this site called <snip> where you can apparently get subs quite easily by seeing a telemedicine doctor. Might be worth it to get some of the 2mg strips so you can taper down slower. I agree 4mg sounds like too much to jump from. Im on subs now but I got off for a period of time and was all the way down to .5 mg and it was still hellish for a month. But I may just be sensitive. Good luck to you, you are not alone!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP sounds like a horrible situation. if you'd generally been passing your tests that sounds unduly harsh for one fail. its ridiculous cutting you off cos that puts you at massive risk of relapse.

but what's done is done. you'll need to plan a bit around your work schedule as there will be some pain. space your doses as far apart as you can and take as little as possible to get you functional. also get some comfort meds if you can, and loperimide to fall back on if you really need it.