• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Desperate 2 stop, but I don’t know how to use loperamide

Jbird11

Bluelighter
I’m so desperate to stop using, I came across loperamide on this thread and saw how many people have successfully used it to come off heroin. So I tried it and failed. I’m about to try the loperamide again but have no idea how to go from the fist dose of 60mg 48 hours b4 I stop and then I was thinking of taking 40mg 24 hours b4 I stop and then 30mg the following day which will be my first day with no H. Then 20mg the next day. Then 8mg the next day. Then 4mg. Then 2 mg and off, for a total of 7 days use. But I’m worried that day 2&3 the worst days, my dose won’t be high enough to keep the withdrawals away….can anyone help me with this or offer some suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Loperamide will never completely hold off withdrawals except maybe at doses that are incredibly dangerous and terrible for your heart. If you want to rapid taper with lope you'll have to accept that you're gonna be uncomfortable, maybe not full blown withdrawal, but it probably won't be easy.

We want to help, but can you please only create new threads if you have a new topic, I know you have a few threads on lope already.

Loperamide will never completely hold off withdrawals except maybe at doses that are incredibly dangerous and terrible for your heart. If you want to rapid taper with lope you'll have to accept that you're gonna be uncomfortable, maybe not full blown withdrawal, but it probably won't be easy.

We want to help, but can you please only create new threads if you have a new topic, I know you have a few threads on lope already.
Yes of course I apologize I still haven’t been able to figure out how to do that….I figured out how to comment on someone’s post, and post to here I guess…it’s not like fb and I’m not very computer savvy so posting a thread isn’t like a timeline post? I’m sorry I have no idea

Maybe even try 60,40,30,30,16,8,4,0?
Or maybe 60,30,20,10,6,4,0 of course I plan on taking 400 to 800 mg of tagamet before each loperamide dose And towards the end if it starts getting bad at the lower doses or after I stopped a low power mode I can always supplement with taking Kratom for three or four days

Yes of course I apologize I still haven’t been able to figure out how to do that….I figured out how to comment on someone’s post, and post to here I guess…it’s not like fb and I’m not very computer savvy so posting a thread isn’t like a timeline post? I’m sorry I have no idea
That's alright, it just helps keep the first page of newest posts cleaner, not a huge deal.

I don't know your normal H doses and how long you've been taking it, but just keep in mind that loperamide won't completely alleviate withdrawals. Those doses of lope should definitely help with some of the physical symptoms but you'll definitely need a bit of strength and resolve to succeed.

Good luck

60mg is a good point to start at, I would not take more than that. Remember it takes 3-4 hours to offer relief, so you'll be tempted to think it's not working. It will last for about 24 hours. My suggestion is to take it mid-day (say, like 2:00 pm), so that it lasts throughout the night and you don't wake up feeling terrible. I have met people (not many) who say it doesn't do anything but personally I find it helps a great deal, but like falsifiedhypothesis said, it won't totally stop withdrawals. It does a lot for the physical symptoms, especially the restlessness. It doesn't do a whole lot for the mental symptoms, but it does help.

Actually the tagamet might make it a good bit more potent, I am not sure exactly as I haven't tried. Be aware that once it does cross the blood brain barrier it can be quite strong and it is possible to overdose. So it might be a good idea to start lower, like 48mg (I say that amount because it is one box of 24 of them).

Do yourself a favor and get some OPMS black kratom extract pills, take 2
I agree. Lope may have some benefits but it doesn't fix the mind. People can eat massive amounts of lope for some relief but that isn't going to fix a heroin habit. OPMS will feel way better than lope.

Serious heroin abstainers need to get on a program of therapy and M.A.T. We can shove all kinds of comfort meds down our throat and feel better in the moment but our mind is what keeps us using. Change your mind.....change your habit.

Don't build it up in ur system, take it 2 or 3 hrs before the wds get to the point u wanna bang ur head Against the wall otherwise ur just gonna keep relapsing and feel like it's not working. Also lope isn't a magic bullet, you're still gonna wd. What lope does is make it more bearable, what u need is lyrics or gsba man, that combined with the lope will make it even more bearable. U also need a long acting benzo...diazepam or clonazepam. Otherwise ur not gonna sleep for at least 3-4 days lol. Stupid fentanyl is so painful to quit. I feel ya brother :(

Last edited:
The only problem with kratom is that it will just replace your addiction with kratom, and I find that it prolongs your withdrawal unless you're really careful and only dose it every so often. Maybe it's because I have been addicted to kratom specifically for many years of my life. But I always end up dosing kratom around the clock and get fucked that way. Loperamide I can dose for a week every day and stop without any withdrawal, and bypass the majority of the shittiness of withdrawal.

Also those OPMS black capsules are expensive as fuck and after a few hours, they wear off.

I will echo nzinity, that gabapentin, or even better, pregabalin, is the best thing you could get for opiate withdrawal. It helps every aspect of the withdrawal and is not an opioid and is not dangerous. it is addictive, but you can take it for a week and stop without withdrawals, unless you've been addicted to it before.

By the way from his other thread, I believe the OP is addicted to hydrocodone, and a rather low dose. Not heroin. Please correct me if I'm wrong, OP.

By the way from his other thread, I believe the OP is addicted to hydrocodone, and a rather low dose. Not heroin. Please correct me if I'm wrong, OP.
Yeah, I saw that too. Not sure someone would even need lope or kratom with a half tablet habit per day. And with so many open threads about lope they are hard to follow. Falsified asked him to please quit making new threads about the same thing.

I thought he might have a heroin habit as well so I commented. But I think he just used the wrong prefix.

It's a simple fact that you cannot cure heroin addiction with anti diarrhea medication. It may relieve your withdrawals temporarily, but it's not a desirable treatment.