Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

describe dxm

marley g

Ex-Bluelighter
2nd - 4th plateau

your body feels weightless [they call it robo walk [robotussin], but its not robotic at all]
to me describing it as a trip to mars makes sense, except the anti gravity thing
its very psychadelic, but it feels digital as opposed to analog - like mushrooms [if that makes sense]
its great for visionaries, the 3rd eye is wide open, and u might see truths that u wouldnt without the drug
oh ya, its FUN! while i reccomend your first trip to be alone in your room or bed, with music [sounds incredible], and without people [authorities] around,
it can also be awesome tripping with friends and going out in into the world
mixes well with weed

p

:)

Or one could read the erowid pages on it, too. Lord knows enough teens have drunk enough syrup to make for some stories.

Yeah I tried it on accident....consumed too much trying to kill a cold and get some sleep...I was watching conan o brian late at night and noticed that his hand kept exceeding the boundary of the little box known as the tv...it looked SO REAL coming out of the TV!!....and other weird realistic but mild hallucinations....I look down and noticed I drank a whole BIG bottle of green Nyquil(it wasn't completely full, but there was plenty).....SHIT!! I get slightly paniced as Ive never done DXM...never had an interest....Other effects were complete inability to walk to the bathroom...feeling anxious. Also my ceiling appeared to be MUCH lower as if it were only 5 feet from the floor to the ceiling ...my house looked shrunken vertically and widened horizontally.. flattened I suppose....I cant say any of this was psychedelic but possibly worth exploring. DXM just seemed to have an unpleasant body load and anxious headspace. Can you recommend a dosage? Can you guess what level I reached based on my descriptions? Also is Ketamine a cleaner experience or MXE? Whats similar and different about them?

Also is there supposed to be some euphoria with DXM?

Unusually confusing for a dissociative, dirty and feverish on the body (as in: feeling uncomfortably hot, BP-related pressure on the head, tension and tight crampy feelings), dreamy abstract yet vague, blurry and static-like and absurd mental effects... but unless you are the type of lucky mofo who doesn't really suffer from side-effects like that it seems obvious to me that it is something kids buy who shop for OTC crap cause they can't get anything else. Understandable? Yes. But that doesn't make it less shitty.

Alcohol with it is a don't. Weed is a do.
Plenty of other drugs with it are dangerous, and psychedelics with it are apparently "WAT, i don't even" territory.

@al-laddin....sounds like you might have drank a bottle with some Doxylamine in it which is an antihistamine which of course provides deliriant effects. And yes DXM on its own is very euphoric.

DXM is so hard to describe to someone who has never done it. When it first kicks in you feel slightly confused and you get the choppy vision and things seem distant. Then the euphoria kicks in which IMO is on par with heroin. It feels kinda speedy at first but then the real trip begins and you get much more sedated and dissociated.

DXM has a very synthetic feel to it. Digital is a good way to describe it. Whereas psychedelics feel more natural like, Dxm feels so otherworldly and alien like which is what I like because you see and feel things on it you could never conceive sober.

The most relaxing trips ive had. Very good for a cheap fresh start. Tho i would not recommend lower doses for every good story about dxm there are at least five bad. i feel this is because it can very in strength, you are also not as like to have a meaningful breakthrough, and can sometime feel like drinking drain-o, but the unmaterialistic feeling it brings has brought me more joy than anything.:3

i wouldnt use dxm while coming down off something else that makes u feel like shit, as u prob wont sleep during the trip

DXM is basically ketamine with some gnarly SNRI overdose overtones.

DXM is strange and somewhat uncomfortable. I got a headache and itchy red rashes when I used to do it. I'd feel somewhat drunk, but mostly I couldn't feel my body and all my vision was doubled. The first time I did it, it was pretty euphoric, but that went away quickly. Would not do again

I personally really enjoy DXM, I also really enjoy ketamine too but cannot imbibe it because I already have one kidney and one hell of a bad bladder, and what with all the new research connecting ketamine to bladder and kidney problems, I figure I've done enough as is. So, DXM is my go-to dissociative. Probably the most confusing, too. Once when on DXM and LSD I had groups of friends over at different points, and I kept thinking they were sleeping in my bed way after everyone was gone. I was like yelling at them to get the fuck out of my house, then eventually I moved all the blankets and realized I was completely alone. I really enjoy the duration, I know mushrooms last the same but mushrooms just don't really do anything to me. 900 mg of DXM will do me great, though. Also, I am lucky enough to have a reliable LSD hook up, and these past few weekends I've been combining the two, and it's indescribable. Throw back half a strip and three bottles of DXM and I'll have the best night ever.

However, I don't recommend my personal doses to anyone. It is also VERY important that whatever medium through which you acquire your DXM has DXM Hbr listed as the ONLY active ingredient. Do not take it by means of Mucinex or anything. Many brands which contain DXM also contain toxic substances. Always trip safely :)

Alcohol with it is a don't. Weed is a do.
Plenty of other drugs with it are dangerous, and psychedelics with it are apparently "WAT, i don't even" territory.