• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News DEA crackdown on buprenorphine

It looks like they would prefer we die, no surprises there...

"When Martin Njoku saw opioid addiction devastate his West Virginia community, he felt compelled to help. This was the place he'd called home for three decades, where he'd raised his two girls and turned his dream of owning a pharmacy into reality.

In 2016, after flooding displaced people in nearby counties, Njoku began dispensing buprenorphine to them and to local customers at his Oak Hill Hometown Pharmacy in Fayette County.

Buprenorphine, a controlled substance sold under the brand names Subutex and Suboxone, is a medication to treat opioid use disorder. Research shows it halves the risk of overdose and doubles people's chances of entering long-term recovery.

"I thought I was doing what was righteous for people who have illness," Njoku said.

But a few years later, the Drug Enforcement Administration raided Njoku's pharmacy and accused the facility of contributing to the opioid epidemic rather than curbing it. The agency revoked the pharmacy's registration to dispense controlled substances, claiming it posed an "imminent danger to public health and safety."

Although two judges separately ruled in Njoku's favor, the DEA's actions effectively shuttered his i

It looks like they would prefer we die, no surprises there...

"When Martin Njoku saw opioid addiction devastate his West Virginia community, he felt compelled to help. This was the place he'd called home for three decades, where he'd raised his two girls and turned his dream of owning a pharmacy into reality.

In 2016, after flooding displaced people in nearby counties, Njoku began dispensing buprenorphine to them and to local customers at his Oak Hill Hometown Pharmacy in Fayette County.

Buprenorphine, a controlled substance sold under the brand names Subutex and Suboxone, is a medication to treat opioid use disorder. Research shows it halves the risk of overdose and doubles people's chances of entering long-term recovery.

"I thought I was doing what was righteous for people who have illness," Njoku said.

But a few years later, the Drug Enforcement Administration raided Njoku's pharmacy and accused the facility of contributing to the opioid epidemic rather than curbing it. The agency revoked the pharmacy's registration to dispense controlled substances, claiming it posed an "imminent danger to public health and safety."

Although two judges separately ruled in Njoku's favor, the DEA's actions effectively shuttered his business."
This reminds me of the evangelicals and being against teenagers being taught how to use condoms or being able to purchase them with the explanation of, "kids shouldn't have sex so I won't condone safe sex education or the purchase of condoms or birth control by minors!"...since when has telling people that they're not allowed to do something been an effective way of dealing with the problem or stifling the unwanted outcome? Teen pregnancy, abortion rates, std's etc. rose exponentially in the states and towns that decided ignoring the alternatives and discussions while demonizing the teenagers themselves was the proper way to deal with the issue while the number of teenage pregnancy, abortion, std's, orphans, and families requiring government assistance dropped significantly in the states and towns that implemented safe sex education and accessibility to prophylactic and birth control to minors strategically. It's the same with drugs. Access to safer alternatives, treatments, education, and help significantly reduce the "symptoms" of a sick nation or peoples that these anti-drug people say they want to get rid of. It's almost as if they identify the individual as the sickness or disease or problem rather than the sickness or disease or problem itself as the issue. When will our leader's realize that you can't just salve a problem by demonizing people with a problem? It's almost as if it's exactly how they want it. They can't create real solutions for problems so instead they create targets to label and eradicate as the problem... "As they pat themselves on the back" its like saying the best way to treat a broken foot is to remove the foot completely...."bingo bango problem solved" 🤣 so stupid.

Nahh.. because I don’t see China or Russia as being the big players.. who needs a big player when the US is already the biggest player in the drug war?
China is a BIG TIME player behind the scenes. Everyone is scratching everyone’s back here. And just like with poker, if you can’t spot the sucker at the table, you are the sucker. (I’m referring to the United States.)

If you're a drug addict or just don't want to die an agonizing brutal death from cancer with zero pain meds get the fuck out of this sick theocratic country fast.

Holy shit I need to get out of here these authoritarian Christians can just turn this shit into Afghanistan 2.0 already.

I saw this on NPR; it makes me sad/angry but I'm not surprised that Subutex is being cracked down on. I'm honestly surprised ANY methadone clinics still exist seeing as it's a very good opioid. Why would they let us have anything? Drug users deserve death for being so, so evil, right?
You know congress....since they are all.over 80...is like 90% on opioids. They get their script filled with zero problems from their socialized government Healthcare they get for life for them and their whole family.

By that age they all know what disease pain and death feels like. Opioids are the only reason they can even stand up. They don't give a fuck about normal people having the same problems because you have to he a filthy degenerate piece of filth that deserves to die to be in congress at 80.

Yeah if you bang it (which I wouldn’t recommend doing, but just saying...) it’s equivalent, enjoyment-wise, to the plateau phase of being high on dope. It lasts a hell of a long time too. My friends and I used to joke about it being the “socially-acceptable heroin” or “government heroin”.

Where I live it is dirt cheap, people practically give it away. It is BY FAR the least expensive opioid on the street.
A few years ago we used to get the 8 mg Subutex. Could do the tiniest bump and nod continuously for 6-8 hours. They discontinued those pills eventually because EVERYONE on the street was misusing them.

The reasons and or evidence as to how and why the dea raided this man's pharmacy is filed somewhere. After reading through enough cases you do see a trend in most operations. Whether you are good, bad, happy, or sad, if they developed a confidential informant that can allege illegal practices, they can typically find enough evidence. Basically once they're already looking at you you're essentially screwed. So I'm not 100% certain because I haven't seen the Case files yet because I haven't looked yet. But I could guess that a few of his patients were abusing or reselling some of these maintenance drugs. Causing them to get in hot water with the DEA and trying to save their own skin decided to come up with this lavish story of a corrupt doctor.

they want us dead. Suboxone has been green privelage, you can pay you get a fair shot at treatment. Medicaid may cover the pills but as mentioned it is usually 100 plus dollars a week just to see the doctor, pay for the pisstests, see a counselour.

This is capitalism. Strips are easy to get into prison because they are strips, not because they are buprenorphine. Bupe saved my life almost assuredly. I dont even see bupe diversion as a bad thing frankly, they prescribe too much and charge too much. Doesn't take a genius to figure out one way to pay for your script. Rather have the blackmarket flooded with bupe than fet-dope all day.