• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 5 - No Opiates

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
Feeling pretty good, though every few hours my body reminds me what I've been doing to myself for the past year. It'll creep in and knock me on my ass for an hour or so. I just went on a run to show it who's boss. Dealer contacted me a bit ago to let me know that he has 30mg roxi's. After typing out a reply that I was interested, I deleted the message and his number. Up yours opiates! I'm taking my shit back! Everything is so much brighter and vibrant, I forgot what it's like. I was super scared, but this board helped me a lot. Here's to keeping it up!

Deleting numbers was one of the first things I had to do when first getting off. Gratz on taking your shit back. That your shit and no one else's shit!

Get that shit son!

Thanks dude! I feel I'm probably at like 60 percent capacity of my old self, how long until you're all the way back? Also just got the shits, hadn't had them since like day 2, thought I was past that!

Hey mike :) im on day 6 of heroin withdrawals and ime day 5 was the worst. Overwhelming... i fought through yesterday tooth and nail. You should noticeably turn a corner when you wake up tomorrow. The fact that the withdrawals have started coming in waves as opposed to being a constant thing is a really good sign. You're almost there and you're doing great <3

Mikeor great work so far, keep it up. What kinds of comfort meds have you had at your disposal through this? Have you considered joining a support group in your town, just having someone to talk to about it will really help you in the following days and months. I'm on my fourth day completely off of oxycodone, and I'd say I feel about 50-60% of my usual self as well. I never want another "pain-causer" in my body ever again. It is a lifelong battle mike, I'm on day 4 myself today, kudos to you for choosing to fight the good fight! If you haven't already, at night time I recommend taking about 10mg of melatonin. Personally, I had really intense sleep fits throughout the second and third nights, and the melatonin was a god send through that. Still wasn't fun at night time, but it really made all of the difference in the world. Keep up the good work Mike! %)

While I was approaching my target date I was sticking up on "comfort meds" that I had access to thru helpful family and friends. Their first 2 days I would take a flexeril around 7pm and I'd crash around 930pm. Had no problems sleeping those first 2 nights. Days 3-5 were different, insomnia hit me so I turned to 10mg of ambien, which worked like a charm. Day's 4 and 5 I took 5mg of Valium in the afternoon to chill myself out. Today is day 6 and I gotta say, I feel really good. Doubt I'll take anything today at all.

Oh, and thanks for the encouraging words!

And I have considered going to some NA meetings in my area, if I start struggling mentally I will. But I'm honestly happy and excited about the future now. I'm alert and everything is just so much more vibrant. Hopefully I stay in this mindset.

Today is day 7 and pretty much all my symptoms are gone. In fact yesterday was the same so I decided no drugs to assist sleeping last night. Hit the pillow at 9pm and fell right to sleep. Awesome, right? Not so much. Woke up at midnight and never went back to sleep. Went to work at 6am and have to work till 6 pm.? Wtf is that about? No RLS at all to keep me up. Is that normal?

I'm on day 5 myself of heroin withdrawal.
I feel your pain especially on the sleep issues. Last 3 nights have been the worst for whatever reason. Even with Valium and flexoril and gabapentin. Lack of sleep really messes you up :/
Keep going guys, what were going through now isn't as bad as life on opiates.

Sleep is definitely one of thone things hard to come by in the early stages. At least you aren't feeling the wrath of the rls. That's the worst part.

Keep it up man. You are doing great!

Way to go Mike! So happy to read tbat, todays my 7th day as well! Congratulations, I still think itd be good if you at least talk to a social worker. People like us are in the most danger after the pink cloud effect lol. Srsly tho, awesome work!