Day 1 clean

johnny oxy

Bluelighter
Having stomach issues but nothing I cant handle. Kind of just feel like shit. I am sure tonight is going to suck. I have good meds though to help and cant wait till I am myself again. God help me:)

I'm with you man, although not cold turkey yet...weaning myself down. Only took one vike so far today...not too bad.

Good luck! What kinda habit you lookin at?
For me the goose flesh and cold sweats and sniffles are what first lets me know .. i never get GI issues or even diarrhea for that matter..

Good luck all you guys . for real never get down on yourselves for fighting that war. When those withdrawals come on, no matter what I ever said, I would just about do anything to get a fix - just to be able to move my knees or eat, it was awful. Keep gatorade around, FORCE yourself to eat, and honestly the rest of surviving w/d's can be found searching in other drugs section in about 2 seconds flat.

What do you guys got lined up for being clean ? I've been up and down this road relapse after relapse , just curious what you are going to be doing for your long term if you've thought that far ahead yet. For now though , be easy and good luck.

Well my habit is about 5-6 norco a day. Been on them a year for a back injury, and really just am sick of being dependant on something. Would rather be in pain than a slave to these little white pills. Started tapering...down to about 3 pills a day, my habit is pretty miniscule compared to a lot on this site so I'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best. I have experienced minor withdrawals when I would wait too long to dose (achy, spazy legs, headache, teary eyes, yawning). Even with the tapered dose, I am already mentally feeling more alive than I have in a long time, and that is a positive driving force for me to see this through.

^ The RLS is the worst next to the anxiety and insomnia! I am down to morphine, immed. release and last night dropped my 4 am dose :) I found it better to take the stuff every 4 hours rather than every 8...less chance of symptoms that way. I've been through major WD coming off the original pain meds the dr had me on. I won't do that again so a slow taper seemed better.

Need help

About 16 hours after my last dose, I started getting the cold sweats. It was irritating but I could handle it. Almost 24 hours after my last dose it was time to go to sleep and I could feel some restlessness coming on so I took 4mg klonopin, .2mg clonodine, 25mg phenigran, 50mg hydroxyzine, and 30mg temazepam. Layed down at 3am and tossed and turned and could not stay still for more than a couple seconds. So after about 45 minutes of that I got up took more meds: .2mg. clonidine, 50mg. seroquel, 30mg temazepam, 25mg-100mg sinemet, and a double dose of nyquill. I thought that would be enough to put a horse to sleep. After those kicked in I could barely make it up the stairs. But when I layed down I could not stay still again. So I got up again and took another 50mg seroquel, another sinemet, and another 30mg temazepam. I was so sedated but could not even sit in a chair and watch tv cause I couldnt stay still. I tried to force myself to lay in one position thinking that I might dose off and that didnt work. It was really like torture. I couldn't stay still and couldn't move that much either. So at 7am I just couldnt take it anymore and I took 7.5 mg oxy and went right to sleep. I feel guilty as hell. The clonodine, seroquel, and sinemet is all for the restlessness. Should I take more of that or take less meds all together so at least I can move around or go for a walk or something if I am restless. I really need some opinions here cause this is my only shot to get clean and not completly fuck up my life. Hell, my doc told me the seroquel might make the restlessness worse? And he told me that the sinemet was an expirement? I also have some Neurontin. What do you guys think my best bet is cause I am not chasing a high, it's just for me the reslessness is torture. Sorry for being long winded. Thanks.

Good luck! What kinda habit you lookin at?
For me the goose flesh and cold sweats and sniffles are what first lets me know .. i never get GI issues or even diarrhea for that matter..

Cold sweats are the first thing I notice too. All of a sudden I have the biggest issue controlling a comfortable body temperature.

Why not taper off then? The slower you taper the less chance of WD. I am on 4 hour meds and dropped a dose two nights ago with no symptoms at all. I have previously done faster tapering to get where I am now but I suffered with that.

That's one hell of a lot of other drugs you're taking and the chances are that some of them are making it worse - at the very least they're going to make it hard for you to tell what's withdrawals and what's side effects from your "cocktail".

Might be better to accept that you're not going to sleep for a few days and use the restlessness to get shit done. See if you can catnap or even just rest for a couple of hours every so often. And make sure you eat. Insomnia's no fun but it isn't going to kill you.