• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal?

Jowieseff

Bluelighter
Hi. Long story short. Ive been taking cyclobenzaprine for 3 weeks.
Week 1: 60mg daily
2nd week: anywhere from 20 to 40 mg daily
Week 3: 10 mgs for 3 days, ● then 5 mgs every day.
Week 4 . after 3 days of being off of it been tired and lethargic. And woke up today in major sweat panic attack almost was going to go to the hospital and immediately took 10 mgs and I got completely better within 30 minutes.

Does anybody have any experience with cyclobenzaprine use and withdrawal

I only have 10 mgs left of cyclobenzaprine and don't know how to get more. Some advice would be helpful here. Any kind of advice thanks.

I find it hard to see someone taking that drug for 3 weeks and having any sort of significant withdrawal, although 60mg at the start makes me assume this is not a new problem and you've been on other drugs for a recurring muscle/back problem? Have you been taking other muscle relaxants for a time?

Cyclobenzaprine has a massive tolerance build up very quickly, and to my knowledge is not known to cause dependence in a significant way, especially from 3 weeks. I was on it for 2 weeks on multiple occasions and never felt the desire to abuse it or use it again other than for sleep purposes, (and after 1-2 weeks it barely worked for that at 20+mg)

Are you on any other meds or drugs here??? I assume that might be the bigger issue?

Cyclobenzaprine is not known to be abused or addictive to my knowledge

What's the real issue here is what I'm wondering?

Were you prescribed 60mg/day? that sounds awefully high. I know little about this drug other than my own experience taking 10-20mg or so per day for medical purposes.

Last edited:
Hi. Long story short. Ive been taking cyclobenzaprine for 3 weeks.
Week 1: 60mg daily
2nd week: anywhere from 20 to 40 mg daily
Week 3: 10 mgs for 3 days, ● then 5 mgs every day.
Week 4 . after 3 days of being off of it been tired and lethargic. And woke up today in major sweat panic attack almost was going to go to the hospital and immediately took 10 mgs and I got completely better within 30 minutes.

Does anybody have any experience with cyclobenzaprine use and withdrawal

Cyclobenzaprine withdrawal would be similar to antidepressant withdrawal. Closest thing I've been through is mirtazapine, which shares a similar mechanism.

Should mostly consist of insomnia and some anxiety. I'd recommend getting some diphenhydramine or perhaps even better doxylamine (available over the counter) for sleep. Shouldn't last too long given the short term usage.

Wasn't prescribed them but came across two bottles.

I went to detox for alcohol withdrawal the day before starting my cyclobenzaprine binge. My thoughts were ill just take cyclobenzaprine for a while to deal with the lingering shakes I still had after detox. So I was taking that, as well as lisinopril. 10 mgs 4 to 6 x daily.
Now I've cut back massively and am taking 10 mg 2 per day of lisinopril. Tomorrow once per day.

I would drink alcohol during these shaky times but I get ua tested and breathalyzed at the methadone clinic everyday.

Some may think tough it up and stop crying about it. Well I tried that today and I out of knowhere had a shaking panic attack and felt very weak in my Triceps and back Thighs. With profusely sweating pouring down my whole face and all. I had to call for help.

Shortly after this I took a cyclobenzaprine and it helped calm me down tremendously.

Any advice would help. Thanks

Wasn't prescribed them but came across two bottles.

I went to detox for alcohol withdrawal the day before starting my cyclobenzaprine binge. My thoughts were ill just take cyclobenzaprine for a while to deal with the lingering shakes I still had after detox. So I was taking that, as well as lisinopril. 10 mgs 4 to 6 x daily.
Now I've cut back massively and am taking 10 mg 2 per day of lisinopril. Tomorrow once per day.

I would drink alcohol during these shaky times but I get ua tested and breathalyzed at the methadone clinic everyday.

Some may think tough it up and stop crying about it. Well I tried that today and I out of knowhere had a shaking panic attack and felt very weak in my Triceps and back Thighs. With profusely sweating pouring down my whole face and all. I had to call for help.

Shortly after this I took a cyclobenzaprine and it helped calm me down tremendously.

Any advice would help. Thanks
You went to detox for alcohol and they gave you no medication? you are also on methadone or you get breathalyzed at a methadone clinic?

People tell you to "man up and stop crying" about addiction? those people can eat shit and are complete fools if anybody every says that. Wow.

I can totally see how you turned to cyclobenzaprine however my experience with the drug is it's not abusable at all. By the time it puts you to sleep you have instant tolrance to the sedative ffects.

what type of rehab program are you in?

In detox I was there for 3 days. They detoxed me with lorazepam.
After getting out of detox I was still having Shakes and anxiety so I found some cyclobenzaprine and lisinopril.
Ive been taking those for about 3 weeks now. And for this last week I've been tapering off of both.

Yeah it was definitely a scare. I've called my local detox right now and told them I've been drinking so hopefully they'll take me in. (Because they won't accept me if I told them I think I'm withdrawing from cyclobenzaprine and possibly lisinopril.)
Insurance doesn't pay detox for non narcotic meds.

Yeah it was definitely a scare. I've called my local detox right now and told them I've been drinking so hopefully they'll take me in. (Because they won't accept me if I told them I think I'm withdrawing from cyclobenzaprine and possibly lisinopril.)
Insurance doesn't pay detox for non narcotic meds.

Yes, and telling them you are abusing something like Cyclo is generally going to set off even more red flags than if you said you were just drinking.