Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Customs and importing research chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

legal_hi

Greenlighter
Hi all

Regarding research chemicals, I am wondering how I would be able to find exactly if the chemical i wish to import is legal or not (assuming it is not listed as scheduled on the SUSMP http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L01200)

How would one with no chemistry knowledge find if a chemical is an analogue of a scheduled chemical thus making it illegal?
Also if an analogue of a chemical is legal to import if it is not intended for human consumption?

the RC's i am interested in are

A-PVP (alpha-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone)
A-PPP (alpha-Pyrrolidinopropiophenone)
Buphedrone
Pentedrone

I would be thankful if someone could shed some light on the matter, sorry if it is a noobish question..

Also any other recommendations for RC's of the stimulant type that are legal in australia would be appreciated.

I cbf looking, but I would bet money they're on an analogue act, and I can't remember if that new law they brought in for RC cannabinoids covered all drugs or just cannabinoids, and I cbf looking.
You will be able to find similarities with all those drugs, then if you look at the counterparts you will see that either a structural or functional analogue, which the government deems ILLEGAL.
Not for human consumption doesn't have any affect on the legality of it, it just means there are no studies and you're signing yourself up for unknown side effects.

The safest way for you to get RC stims would be through pre-workouts in person at a shop, some online research will bring up the dodgier/RC filled ones, but even that is going against the BL rules.
We're not here to help you acquire drugs in any way.

Look at it like this;
All RC's are illegal in Australia. I am better off getting some dexies.
I should be open to all illegal drugs if I am to take the risk of importing an RC.
There is a risk in importing drugs.
Drugs.

Were not here to help you import stuff.
This is a harm reduction website

Part of harm reduction would be knowing the laws in your country.

A-PVP - α-PVP or alpha-pyrrolidinopentiophenone is a stimulant drug with significant structural similarities to MDPV - It's probably safe to assume this is illegal.

A-PPP - Most definitely illegal.

Buphedrone - Legal if you never intend on consuming.

Pentedrone - Most definitely illegal.

Part of harm reduction would be knowing the laws in your country.

A-PVP - α-PVP or alpha-pyrrolidinopentiophenone is a stimulant drug with significant structural similarities to MDPV - It's probably safe to assume this is illegal.

A-PPP - Most definitely illegal.

Buphedrone - Legal if you never intend on consuming.

Pentedrone - Most definitely illegal.

Thanks for your help, in future how would one be able to determine the legality of RC's such as Buphedrone to say that it is legal if not intended for consumption?

Thanks again.

Hrmmm. Pentadrone and Buphedrone might still be in a grey area. Technically speaking all are illegal under our very broad and vague analogue laws stating something along the lines of 'anything that has an effect like that of a prohibited substance is seen as an analogue and is illegal. However to my knowledge no ones ever been prosecuted under these laws? Probably due to them being so vague they might not stand up in court.

A-PVP and A-PPP would definately be illegal due to their structural similarities to MDPV, which recently became a Schedule 9 prohibited substance.

According to here mephedrone is only a schedule 4 substance, meaning its not completely banned, rather restricted. I find this odd personally, I'd expect it to be Schedule 9. Correct me if I'm wrong, but analogue's of schedule 4 substances might not actually be illegal? So while Buphedrone and Pentadrone are considered illegal under the very vague effect based analogue laws, as they havent been tested in court and you are caught with/importing it - they likely wouldnt try and convict you. Rather just confiscate the drugs.

But really, its probably not worth the risk...

^Have a read through that list it contains things from methcathinone itself through to safrole, a fair few fentanyl analogues and even heroin itself.

I am closing this thread because I feel that it goes too close to discussion about importation advice. In regards to the law, in this country it is a pretty safe bet anything good is illegal. If you want to find out definitively then perhaps you could email the TGA or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.