• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Currently in Fentanyl Tapered Withdrawal but Running out of patches!

CindyinCR

Bluelighter
Dear Bluelight,

Thank you for all that you do!

Now down to business. I have been on fentanyl for six years for a bad fall that affected my sciatic nerve. I am now on a high dose of gabapentin (3000mgs per day), and that is handling the pain pretty well. So I have been on a slow taper to get from 25mcgs to 7.1mcgs of fentanyl without ill effects (dropping .2mcgs every 7 days). But I now only have five 25mcg patches left.

So I am wanting to get off with these remaining five patches. The idea would be to decrease .333mcgs every two days, resulting in ci. 1mcgs per week. For example, 7.1mcgs to 6mcgs, then to 5mcgs, then to 4mcgs, then to 3mcgs, then to 2mcgs and then to 0. So I would be dropping approximately .1mcg every six days (except the last drop).

I realize that at a higher dose, this would bring on pretty crappy symptoms. But since I am at a fairly low dose now, do you think it would be "not so bad". I am only concerned with physical withdrawal symptoms and I should note that I am 65 years old.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
try get some codeine or tramadl
ask r doctor or some weaaker opiates they shdnt mind codeine or hydro or orphine bt them two are strong

you have the matrix patches that can be cut and worn right? This was the best way i have ever found to taper off of and withdrawal from opioids. easiest taper/withdrawal i've ever had. just keep cutting smaller and smaller, i think its doable with 5 patches. which if you're cutting them smaller should last like 2 months or something.

I want to thank you all for replying! I stopped checking until today. I did cut the matrix patches and am down to 1.8 mcgs per day. And it was the easiest withdrawal I have ever had. I suppose when there is nothing things will change but so far so good. If you have advice for that time, please let me know. Meanwhile, I also have an alcohol problem and want to clean this up too. I hope to find support on BL for this... Again, thank you!