• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crushing clonozapam for faster onset

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I know kpins are known for being more subtle coming on but last quite a bit, my question is, could i finely crush klonopin and take it that way and have the effects come on quicker? Or does that have nothing to do with how fast its kicked in...?

I know kpins are known for being more subtle coming on but last quite a bit, my question is, could i finely crush klonopin and take it that way and have the effects come on quicker? Or does that have nothing to do with how fast its kicked in...?
Give it a try..

A good question, especially for those who use clonazepam in an attempt to abort panic/anxiety attacks.

The issue with clonazepam is that it has a large gap between ingestion and time of onset. Personally, it's about an hour before I feel any effects from the oral ROA and it can take 3 hours before I feel full-effects.

Assuming you get clonazepam in the form of pressed tablets, crushing might make a 10 minute difference (estimated time it takes stomach acid to break down the pill) in time of onset. Sublingual is something you should look into. It's fast-acting and practical for most people.

Sure if you crush it up and snort it, it will hit you that much faster. But klonopin dissolves quickly no matter what in liquid, have you ever spilled water on one and seen how in two seconds you go from have ing a whole pill to 75% of a pill. And that's just spilling water on it, point is if it were submerged in your stomach acid it would dissolve immediately which makes crushing it no more than a waste of time. I think crushing it could theoretically speed up the process, but in reality it seems more likely that the time you spent crushing in would be greater than the time it would take to dissolve in your stomach..

No need to snort it, you wont achieve an effect that much greater to be worth the additional damage. I would say crushing it up will help the onset time slightly, simply because greater surface area = quicker absorption in general. You could probably hold it in your lip, kind of like a dip, for a sublingual effect. This might your best bet for a quicker onset.

Who mentioned snorting?

I think crushing it before sublingual or oral administration may have a slight difference but probably not clinically significant. Clonazepam has a slow onset, crushing it up might speed up absorption by 10-15 minutes. I'm just going by my gut here, but I think it's clonazepam's chemical properties in terms of penetrating the blood-brain barrier and being redistributed. If the drug was actually very rapidly absorbed as a powder but took 1-3 hours to work as a pill, it would be strange if the drug company didn't make the tablet rapidly dissolving.

Crushing any pill will speed up the onset but if you eat the crushed contents it will not necessarily be THAT much faster for a pill that normally comes up long - unless it's an extended release formulation you're breaking, and in this case, it isn't.

I think clonazepam comes up too slow for its crushing to have any useful effect to make it more pleasant as a recreational drug, or to be suitable as an ad hoc acute remedy for anxiety.

I've been on Klonopin for 4 yrs... I can 100% tell you the crushing up a pill does kick in WAYYY faster and it hits you 2-3x as hard, but only lasts like 3 hours instead of 6-8. If you smash it up do not snort it, you put it in a tiny glass of water and stir it good and chug it. I take 1mg twice a day... if I crush up 0.5mg and drink it it feels like 3mg and I am glued to the couch/bed and it is amazing.. I am talking about abusing it sure, but keep in mind, if you're having a panic attack from speed then you don't have 30-50 mins for a klonopin pill to kick in... As long as you wait for the half life of the speed to come close to its end (so like 30 mins or more for yay), and you are panicking so hard you may faint, drinking half your normal dose in water could save your life... It takes 3 mins or so to kick in, 5-7 mins and you are fully calm.

Cheers yall.

Who mentioned snorting?

I think crushing it before sublingual or oral administration may have a slight difference but probably not clinically significant. Clonazepam has a slow onset, crushing it up might speed up absorption by 10-15 minutes. I'm just going by my gut here, but I think it's clonazepam's chemical properties in terms of penetrating the blood-brain barrier and being redistributed. If the drug was actually very rapidly absorbed as a powder but took 1-3 hours to work as a pill, it would be strange if the drug company didn't make the tablet rapidly dissolving.

Crushing any pill will speed up the onset but if you eat the crushed contents it will not necessarily be THAT much faster for a pill that normally comes up long - unless it's an extended release formulation you're breaking, and in this case, it isn't.

I think clonazepam comes up too slow for its crushing to have any useful effect to make it more pleasant as a recreational drug, or to be suitable as an ad hoc acute remedy for anxiety.
snorting is just not the right move because it is not nasal soluble like coke... You are wasting like half the pill. If you crush it up, put it in liquid and drink it. That's that.

Who mentioned snorting?

Amen.. You are spot on.. It is better for those who wanna abuse it but also better for those who NEED instant relief from hard speed drugs or a severe panic attack. Drink the powder, do not snort it.

I've been on Klonopin for 4 yrs... I can 100% tell you the crushing up a pill does kick in WAYYY faster and it hits you 2-3x as hard, but only lasts like 3 hours instead of 6-8. If you smash it up do not snort it, you put it in a tiny glass of water and stir it good and chug it. I take 1mg twice a day... if I crush up 0.5mg and drink it it feels like 3mg and I am glued to the couch/bed and it is amazing.. I am talking about abusing it sure, but keep in mind, if you're having a panic attack from speed then you don't have 30-50 mins for a klonopin pill to kick in... As long as you wait for the half life of the speed to come close to its end (so like 30 mins or more for yay), and you are panicking so hard you may faint, drinking half your normal dose in water could save your life... It takes 3 mins or so to kick in, 5-7 mins and you are fully calm.

Cheers yall
Just chew it. It tastes nice and comes on a little quicker that way.
fyi- if you wanna stop using mind numbing pharma pills or you cant find benzos- red borneo strain kratom is theee end all be all best kratom for anxiety and its 3x stronger / more effective than a bar of xanax ffs… case closed.

Snorting clonazepam is a waste (very little gets absorbed), but dissolving the pill under your tongue seems to make it kick in quite a bit faster. Otherwise it can take about 45 minutes orally, which is rough when you feel an anxiety attack coming on.

back when i had a script for the 2mg ones I would chew them up and let sit under tongue
sublingual BA is slightly higher than oral BA i believe with faster onset and just as long duration
god i loved the minty taste ahhhh

Don't swallow them. Just hold them under your tongue (where their are a lot of large blood vessels close to the surface). If you do this, you will feel an onset within 90 second and about 80% of the full effects in 5 minutes... the rest it swallowed and absorbed as per normal...

But beware, when a drug has an almost instant onset, it's more liable to produce psychological dependence because you know that however bad you feel, 1 pill will fix it all in seconds.

Patent-watchers will know that inhalation formats of benzodiazepines are now under development. Perfect for people who suffer sudden GAD attacks... but then GAD was invented by the DSM V so that voila, Upjohn had alprazolam that was being approved for GAD so on the same DAY as the DSM V arrived, so did alprazolam.

Their is some truth in 'Big Pharma' having no morals.