Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

cowboy bebop film- keanu as spike

L2R

Bluelight Crew
here we go

With their upcoming "Dragonball" movie set for release in April, 20th Century Fox is having another go at turning a Japanese anime TV series into a live-action feature film with "Cowboy Bebop" says The Hollywood Reporter.

The series is set in 2071 when "astral gates" make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.

Keanu Reeves is attached to star as Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter and former member of a crime syndicate. Spiegel, along with Jet Black, a fellow bounty hunter and former cop, are the two pilots of the spaceship Bebop.

Peter Craig is writing the script. The original show, which debuted in the late 1990s, was strongly influenced by American music. Various directors, writers and producers on the show will serve as production consultants and associate producers on this film.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news09/090116e.php

Keanu Reeves should NEVER get hired again as an actor. I have never seen an actor who so consistently shits on films with potential.

If the script is still being written, its still pretty early in production. So I am not yet convinced that this movie will even be made. If the Dragonball movie is a success, it might. If Dragonball bombs, probably not.

I have doubts that Keanu would appear in this movie. He's way too huge of a movie star to be starring in a movie based on a cult TV series. He would probably cost half the budget.
But who knows? Maybe he's a big fan of the show and would do it for personal reasons. Apparently, Tobey Macguire is producing a Robotech movie because he was a fan as a kid.

First, Paul Blart: Mall Cop makes 33 million for the weekend and now this. jpg.nodding in disaproval.

well, i'm off to bomb the fox headquarters. i sense this will join that crystal skull movie on my short list of the movies i will never see under any conditions

well, i'm off to bomb the fox headquarters. i sense this will join that crystal skull movie on my short list of the movies i will never see under any conditions
Haha.... oh, how I wish I could return to that time. :(