• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Could you proof read my story?

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
I'm working on a metaphysical piece. I'll pm it to you if you'll wanna read it. I wanna critique on it. I'll explain. This is a personal work about me, and my emotional, spiritual and psychological effects on my struggle against my sexuality.
As some of you may know, I indentify as ex-bi, and I stand by what I did. I decided to write a gender swapped piece on it. The first chaptar explores the emotional state of the character, the second is the psychological state, and the third is the spiritual state.
I'm getting all Kunihiku Ikuhara up in this bitch... Steppin' up my Hideaki Anno game up.
(Not really kidding, Revolutionary Girl Utena and Evangelion inspired me a little)

It's an erotic metaphysical piece. It depicts lesbian sex and is set in an abstract setting where everything that exists acts as a metaphor. It's 100% symbolic.

Metaphysical fiction is "in which a significant proportion of the work is devoted to a discussion of the sort of questions normally addressed in discursive philosophy. These might include the function and role of society, the purpose of life, ethics or morals, the role of art in human lives, and the role of experience or reason in the development of knowledge."
That's what I attempted

I have only finished the first chapter, and I'm still deciding on what to do with the others. For example, at the end of the third chapter she commits metaphorical "suicide" and either rips her flesh off or goes through hellfire. The hellfire is a more well known christian symbolism to "purification", so it would serve as a more familiar metaphor to readers. However, ripping her skin off and revealing a different person underneath is more akin to my experiance. It's also a better metaphor for my personal spiritual belief. However, while I find it to be better, I think it might confuse readers. The fire refers to being cleansed which is more akin to the common mind of religious people, where as destroying ones self and becoming different is an idea exposed by more obscure religious circles

Would anyone like to read what I've done and give me an honest critique.

^Yeah, I will.

I have a degree in writing/editing.
I don't believe in being dishonest with feedback, though.

Are you particularly sensitive about it?
I mean, do you really want to know if it's good?
Or do you want someone to tell you that it's good (regardless).

If you don't want to post the chapter here, PM it to me, and I'll give it a read.
If you want me to professionally edit it, I'd expect the grammar to be reasonable to begin with.

Anyway, the offer is there. Let me know.
(I'm honestly quite curious what your creative mind might come up with.)
Although, I've never been into lesbians (erotically) so I'm probably not your demographic.