• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Could my dopamine receptors be functioning improperly after a Vyvanse binge?

TheCollegeTweaker

Greenlighter
So. I was binging on Vyvanse from October 17th to the 23rd. I was dreading the crash from the very start because my starting dose of Vyvanse was 200mg; and I raised it higher than that during the binge itself. I dosed every six hours at 200mg and I did that until the dose stopped working. The highest dose I swallowed during this binge was 320mg (not safe at all I know) I was so scared of crashing and didn't even want to try and go through that all by myself so I called a buddy of mine who has a Seroquel prescription and I ended my binge by taking 200mg of Seroquel, seven hours after my last dose of Vyvanse.

I woke up after 22 hours of sleep and as soon as I woke up I felt different. I felt completely bland and apathetic I didn't want to do anything, not even eat. It's been like this now for a couple of days and I'm kind of worried about what's going on in my head..will this go away with a little bit of time? And is my theory correct, about this newfound depression being caused from a lack of chemicals due to the high amounts of amphetamine I was taking? I would love some answers.

Naturally after binging that heavily there will be a rebound effect. Just give your brain time to get back to normal, don't take anymore vyvanse, this will clear up but it takes time.

Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and stay away from stress to speed up this process.

When you binge on stims (or on anything really), be ready to pay the price which is the opposite of the high you were chasing - on stims it is being apathetic, lethargic, slow, emotionless, e.t.c.

Goes along with saying: "Don't do the crime if you cant do the time."

falsifiedhypothesi is right - the brain will clear itself up. You'll be back to baseline sooner if you are eating and sleeping right, doing physical exercise and keeping up with your spiritual hygiene.

Best wishes to you, TheCoolegeTweaker! :)

Yup, this can take quite some time but you will start feeling better after a week or so, ive read that hydroxytryptophan supplements can help with the depression after amphetamine/mdma use. Generally labeled as 5-HTP and can be found over the counter at most stores that have a vitamin section, although it can be pretty pricey.

You'll be fine, just gotta wait it out. Think of it like a hangover. You had one hell of a party, my friend.

*Dont take too much 5-HTP, serotonin syndrome is very uncomfortable and potentially lethal.

This is infinitely worse with meth.

But even with that, as long as I go back to work for a few days I'm feeling fine again. I luckily have never increased my doses of what gets me high with meth, the strongest stim out there, beyond what I started out with.

Engage in the outside world hopefully you have something like school or work to keep the juices flowing. Engaging in Society (lol) somehow magically makes stim recovery so much easier.

Amphetamines are such little jerks man, they will ALWAYS bite back, it's just delaying the inevitable.

Yup, this can take quite some time but you will start feeling better after a week or so, ive read that hydroxytryptophan supplements can help with the depression after amphetamine/mdma use. Generally labeled as 5-HTP and can be found over the counter at most stores that have a vitamin section, although it can be pretty pricey.

You'll be fine, just gotta wait it out. Think of it like a hangover. You had one hell of a party, my friend.

*Dont take too much 5-HTP, serotonin syndrome is very uncomfortable and potentially lethal.

5-HTP helps with MDMA withdrawals because MDMA is a serotonin releasing agent, and 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin.

Won't really help with Vyvanse though, since its active metabolite (D-amphetamine) is highly selective for dopamine and noradrenaline release.

3 day Vyvanse binge ended 4 or 5 days ago.
Took a 70mg Vyvanse couple hours ago and it doesn't seem to be working????

So. I was binging on Vyvanse from October 17th to the 23rd. I was dreading the crash from the very start because my starting dose of Vyvanse was 200mg; and I raised it higher than that during the binge itself. I dosed every six hours at 200mg and I did that until the dose stopped working. The highest dose I swallowed during this binge was 320mg (not safe at all I know) I was so scared of crashing and didn't even want to try and go through that all by myself so I called a buddy of mine who has a Seroquel prescription and I ended my binge by taking 200mg of Seroquel, seven hours after my last dose of Vyvanse.

I woke up after 22 hours of sleep and as soon as I woke up I felt different. I felt completely bland and apathetic I didn't want to do anything, not even eat. It's been like this now for a couple of days and I'm kind of worried about what's going on in my head..will this go away with a little bit of time? And is my theory correct, about this newfound depression being caused from a lack of chemicals due to the high amounts of amphetamine I was taking? I would love some answers.

You may be in a hypermonoaminergic state. It's not uncommon with post cocaine or amphetamine type use. I would try high doses of a monoamine transporter activator like luteolin and apigenin. I've used apigenin with good results post use.

That or the seroquel caused some dopaminergic dysfunction since it's a potent multi dopamine antagonist it shut down your receptors hard.

You could do 9-Methyl-β-carboline to rebuild your dopaminergic system but it may be overkill.

If it doesn't get better after a few more days you could take some chemicals that upregulate dopamine receptors. That may get them back up to speed. Off hand cdp-choline and sulbutiamine come to mind for increasing dopamine receptor affinity sites.

Last edited: