• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

"Copium for the masses" a podcast about the philosophical and practical aspects of opium production

copium7777

Bluelighter

Here is this podcast I did with a friend

Wherein we discuss the demonization of opium and opiates, the chronic pain crisis in the US, biopolitics, and the practical side of growing and harvesting your own opium. Very much informed by Jim hogshires book "opium for the masses, growing and harvesting nature's best pain medication"

I recommend this for recreational opium enthusiasts as well as chronic pain patients.

This is sort of a grey area of legality... not sure if discussable on this forum but:

Poppy plants on their own growing in a garden aren't suspicious or illegal per say... but someone seen scraping material off them loooool. Even I know what's up.

This is sort of a grey area of legality... not sure if discussable on this forum but:

Poppy plants on their own growing in a garden aren't suspicious or illegal per say... but someone seen scraping material off them loooool. Even I know what's up.
Poppy straw is the better method for yield anyway, and less conspicuous

I do know that the additional alkloids in poppy plants and opium help treat chronic pain far better than the pharmaceutical-obsessed need to extract a specific alkloid and potentiate it to hell.

I hope people do find a better way to cope with physical pain. Thanks for the post!

Origin story part III
Listen to Origin Story Pt. 3 by Headless Youth Podcast on #SoundCloud

Awesome initiative! Will listen to the entire episode later tonight, but what I've heard so far is really good. I love "natural" products, no matter if it's weed or opium of fully support the right to grow it world wide. Poppy had really bad rep, I mean you just mention "heroin" to the average person and see the look on their face. But I reject the entire junkie scene and instead embrace the historical accounts, medicinal, etc. Opium has a extremely rich history around it from alchemy to Chinese medicine and so on. There's a few books i'm gonna recommend that could def be of use to further fuel topics and generel knowledge for the hosts of the podcast. In any case from a fellow opium enthusiast, big up!

Edit: The books are
Opium Culture by Peter Lee

and Flowers in the Blood by Jeff Goldberg

There are more but these are a good start, just packed with info! Flowers in blood u can find for free as torrents!

Btw is there any "group" or such for opium enthusiasts? Cannabis has entire websites dedicated to where to score, exotic locations, grow info and so on... Would be cool to share something similair where we could for example tip each other where you can get the best opium in India for a example, share grow stories and really try to reinvigorate opium culture. This pod is certainly a move in the right direction !

Btw is there any "group" or such for opium enthusiasts? Cannabis has entire websites dedicated to where to score, exotic locations, grow info and so on... Would be cool to share something similair where we could for example tip each other where you can get the best opium in India for a example, share grow stories and really try to reinvigorate opium culture. This pod is certainly a move in the right direction !
No idea ... would be cool to bring back opium dens and some kind of local farm cooperatives for it or something irl though.

This is more on my personal story and me/cfs history and stuff about the southwest rather than about opium.

A short episode on long covid and Las vegas, and the loneliness of being cripple

Listen to Origin Story Pt. 4 by Headless Youth Podcast on #SoundCloud