• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help copd at twenty six years old

That’s about it really.

Find a decent doctor who may help you do a health plan, ie change your diet, exercise routine, give up smoking etc if it really concerns you.
These thing can slow the progression of the disease, but there’s not really any other treatment or cure.

I was diagnosed about 2 years ago now, I’ve got a purple puffer (steroid to help maximise lung capacity) and a blue ventolin one, for fast acting relief.

I got a green one put capsue in and inhale an a blue sulbultamol when needed I have to tke one puff of the other.
So does this mean im gonna die early, is it a serious thing ishouldtell family member?

I don’t think it will significantly impact your life - it sounds like never-ending asthma and all you have to do is simply compensate by living healthy and medicine, you’ll be ok.

talk to doctors- they will know more.

I got a green one put capsue in and inhale an a blue sulbultamol when needed I have to tke one puff of the other.
So does this mean im gonna die early, is it a serious thing ishouldtell family member?

Those who leave it uncontrolled can certainly expect not only a shortened life span but the quality will be seriously impeded also.

I have a family member who refused any lifestyle changes with diagnosis (age 45) who was permanently attached to an oxygen tank by 55 and passed away from respiratory distress age 58.

So far mine hasn’t progressed seriously in the 2 years I’ve known about it though and I still smoke though I’ve had to quit smoking bongs as I cough til I need a respirator lol