• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Confess your sins Here and it will make everything Better ! As long as you confess!BS

silas GUY

Bluelighter
Whats the worst confession that you have told too your god !

and who really believes that by confessing your sin it somehow makes your sin forgivable ! i understand its good to talk and get heavy things off your mind but i do not believe it makes it forgivable! And if there is a heaven and hell it most certainly is not going to make any real difference to where your going !

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

I looked at a girl with lustful eyes yesterday.
I also had a wank (separate occasion)

I think that's all father..

There's no point in confessing if you don't believe that God provided the ultimate sacrifice through the death of His Son Jesus on the cross. For those that do, there is wonderful forgiveness available when we confess a forgiveness that floods us by God's Holy Spirit. Of course, we should not take advantage of that and say oh well, let's go and do this or this and then just pray for forgiveness. The Bible writes about that. God knows us all inside-out anyway. And loves us despite ourselves! How wonderful is that!

A confession is a confession to oneself. That is what is significant, to acknowledge that you have done something wrong.
Forgiveness is not possible unless you know what you needs to be forgiven: that, in fact, is the only prerequisite.

It is unenlightened to hold grudges.
Forgiveness should be unconditional and we should encourage confession, outside of religion.
The confessional is one of the most appealing aspects of Catholicism, for me.
Not because I want to justify my misdeeds.
It's unhealthy to bury things, for fear of judgment.
It is better, I think, to confess.

The trouble with confession is the hold it gives to others. I do understand about the self-confession/forgiveness process, but that's not how confession is normally seen in the world around us.

In Scientology the 'confessions' from auditing, far from being sacrosanct, are used to manipulate the person who confessed. In Catholicism and for that matter, Christianity in general it happens less formally but it still gives the confessor leverage.

But in my opinion, in the Religious confession there is something more insidious, which is absolution or forgiveness from God. WAY too many Chrisitans see confession as a good way to get out from under the penalty of Sin. There are very few who, having confessed a particular sin, go forth and never do that sin again. They even have a name for it - Sunday Christians. People who live a normal 'sinful' life 6 days a week then go clean their consciences by confessing and getting forgiven.

Forgiveness, as kind of implied by by FEA but then negated by the Catholicism comment, is not always good for us per se - it has to be done properly, which means it has to be done by US, not by some outsider. And as mentioned to forgive we have to fully acknowledge our role, plus out motives and effects on others. Only once WE have that awareness can we forgive, not just others, but our Self.

well since no one else wants to admit to anything i will... me n my ex just did a big shot of h and she got up to get a drink. and someone txtd her phone, it was face up and we were waitin on dude to txt back so we could go reup so i looked and in short it was some guy. by this time shes already walking back in and i just lost my shit and smashed her phone on the floor and obviouslly she has no idea why, so she starts losin her shit and she grabs a kitchen knife and comes at me. since she was 5 inches shorter and 70 lbs less it took all of three seconds to take it away from her and i just shoved her up against the wall and choked the shit out her 10-15 seconds, but during this it just hit me, what the fuck am i doing? so i let her go and went and got a garbage bag and got all her shit and threw it and her outside... then i just broke down crying like i havnt since i was a little kid and called my mom and told her i was addicted to dope and needed to get help... im not blaming it on being high, but it def played a role in what both of us did... i dont think what i did was technically a "sin" according to the bible but it was the worst thing ive ever done and part of what propmted me to start down the path to sobriety... weve both since appolgized and forgiven each other and agreed that we could still chill and fuck but we should leave it at that

Self forgiveness involves time, action... understanding. love. It's not up to another to forgive, only us.
Not subordination and confession.
It's truly a deep understanding with oneself and willingness to change and not repeat similar behaviors that could harm oneself and/or others. ime/o.
It happens on many levels, not repeated sins/confessions. This is a dualistic cycle construct… where not much healing takes place. It can become a pattern in itself, like religion

guess this is more of a pre-sin but im bout to fornicate with this slutty ass female, out of wedlock, when she gets off work in a little bit lol

God, I was a bad human being. I confess that:
I didn't believe in you most of my life, but that's changed.
I did not use to believe that Jesus' mother was a virgin.
I've had more than one, a few more than one, sexual partner without being married.
I don't like my parents and often wonder if I love them at all.
I've cursed God and Jesus.
I've gotten high many Sundays and holidays.
I have a bunch of piercings.
... many more.
Please forgive me my sins in the name of Jesus.

God, I was a bad human being. I confess that:
I didn't believe in you most of my life, but that's changed.
I did not use to believe that Jesus' mother was a virgin.
I've had more than one, a few more than one, sexual partner without being married.
I don't like my parents and often wonder if I love them at all.
I've cursed God and Jesus.
I've gotten high many Sundays and holidays.
I have a bunch of piercings.
... many more.
Please forgive me my sins in the name of Jesus.

Aha, the very face of evil! :D

Whats the worst confession that you have told too your god !

and who really believes that by confessing your sin it somehow makes your sin forgivable ! i understand its good to talk and get heavy things off your mind but i do not believe it makes it forgivable! And if there is a heaven and hell it most certainly is not going to make any real difference to where your going !

Another thought, as God sees everything you do, there is no need for confession. There might me a need to ask forgiveness but there is no actual use for confession.

It might be good to confess to yourself but it amazes me that God can be seen as this distant figure you need to call on the attention of. He's always inside you. He's always there and doesn't leave you for one single second. You're his eyes and ears in the world. You just need to learn to listen.

The only way to fix a problem is to admit that there is a problem.
Confession is an important step, on the path towards redemption.

God knows what you've done.
You're not confessing to God.
You're confessing in the presence of God.