• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

No problem I’ll be honest about anything. Yes all of that has come back to me. I did have issues with that in the beginning.
Wow okay thanks you are very strong and proud that you fully recover and continue to return and remind people like me that there is still hope. I’m on month 4 and already feel like i’ve been through a lot but compared to your 17 month recovery I can’t complain.

I guess I felt some kind of emotion today. I was lowkey angry and shed a few tears thinking about the social worker and how she coerced me to take the second shot. If I hadn’t listened to her, I would’ve been fine but she was also the one in charge of my discharge. I only agreed to take the second dose in order to go home, not because I thought it was going to help me. That should never be a reason to agree to take medication.

She didn’t show concern over my mental health and didn’t say anything supportive like “you do have a choice but I think the medication can help you and I’d advise you take it.” Her only way of getting me to comply was to manipulate, lie, and hold my discharge above my head. She also very matter of factly said that I’d be back in the psych ward by the holidays if I didn’t take it, which is such a terrible thing to say to someone freshly coming out of psychosis. For a second, it made me think that there was gang stalking involved (cause how can she guarantee my return to the hospital??). Luckily I was in a better state of mind when she said that and it didn’t turn into a delusion.

My point is that there are much better and non-threatening approaches to “non-compliance.”

Last edited:
I'm not so worried about premature menopause now since I don't have the red flags for it, just unnaturally low estrogens and progesterone, but I think that might just need time to correct itself. I only got my first period since invega in December, and I've had three total. Kia is proof that it can take two years for someone's period to come back and stabilize, so it might take another year for my hormones to even out.

I think my dry mouth is a lot better, I think it was some post covid shit that got exacerbated again after taking vitamin C. My ace2 receptors in my mouth got messed up.

Last edited:
I’ve been battling schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder for the last 6 years and know my baseline and my symptoms. When I got a shot of Invega in September of last year, it worsened my symptoms, gave me more symptoms, and now I’m basically like a vegetable. Baseline? What’s that mean? I’m in a constant state of hell because my brain doesn’t produce feelings of tiredness/comfort/hunger/or fullness.

I just woke up today (5P eastern time) because my brain isn’t able to fall asleep at a normal time— it doesn’t send signals to my body to follow cues most normal people have.

I’m trying to see doctors and get tests done, but it’s like I have to jump through hoops for people to even believe me. It’s very fucking frustrating.

As far as symptoms go, they’re unbearable. I want to be dead most of the time.

I don’t see why anyone in my life would wanna see me anymore because I don’t feel comfortable ever leaving my house again. I’m a vegetable who’s unable to feel, yet alone feel comfortable, yet alone enjoy a meal or get a descent 8 hours of sleep.

Has anyone ever healed from Invega damage who also had schizophrenia? Or are the odds slim to none?

Why me…..

3rd day of wellbutrin 75mg and I will say that it’s working in giving me a boost in energy and my mind feels more active. I’m not going to lie though, it does feel a bit overwhelming and that’s because it’s been awhile since I felt anything close to this. It’s like wow what do I do with all this energy? I’m a bit overstimulated but it doesn’t feel super bad and it seems like I’m able to handle it so far. I was able to draw, clean my room, listen to music while dancing, laugh. If anyone is considering antidepressants to help recover from Invega then I would recommend Wellbutrin. Unfortunately, not everyone responds the same so it would be a gamble but I think it’s helping me!

3rd day of wellbutrin 75mg and I will say that it’s working in giving me a boost in energy and my mind feels more active. I’m not going to lie though, it does feel a bit overwhelming and that’s because it’s been awhile since I felt anything close to this. It’s like wow what do I do with all this energy? I’m a bit overstimulated but it doesn’t feel super bad and it seems like I’m able to handle it so far. I was able to draw, clean my room, listen to music while dancing, laugh. If anyone is considering antidepressants to help recover from Invega then I would recommend Wellbutrin. Unfortunately, not everyone responds the same so it would be a gamble but I think it’s helping me!
have you tried 150mg yet? Its not a bad NRI they use it for nicotine withdrawals dont go above 150mg but it can cause fits. NRIs antidepressants are a very good alternative.

I never been this suicidal ever in my entire life after being "healed". These doctors are murderers and psychiatry should be banned. I never had invega but olanzapine injections and abilify ones i never needed fucked me up so bad. The only thing that prevents me from suicide is belief in God. I dont understand why he allowed for these cunts to do this to me

All im doing is researching reddit and other forums looking for other people recovery stories. Its insanity at this point. Why GOD ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN

I have some pleasure throughout masturbation with a vibrator now, but only during windows. I have part of my sexuality back sometimes and that's more than a lot of people with PSSD have.

I don't know if I can write an invega recovery post until the PSSD goes away since the symptoms of it overlap so much.