• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Coming Down Off Coke Makes Me Feel Nostalgic

Jimmy_Pop

Bluelighter
This is something I noticed recently.

When I come down off coke, after the initial horrible part of the comedown passes, I hit this second phase where I just feel really nostalgic and wistful. It's not unpleasant actually. It's even kinda nice in a weird way.

Nostalgia about cocaine? That would make sense, a form of cravings for more. Or just nostalgia in general? Like about people, places, and things? That would be kinda weird man haha.

Whenever I come down from coke I either: A. WANT FUCKING MORE!!! or B. Need some strong dope or benzos to come down ASAP. Haha

na, I don't think it's weird...when I came off all my drugs back in 06 I had the same thing happen to me. It got me thru alot of meth weed xtc and alot of other drugs withdrawals. So ya if it feels good go with it.

I agree with hang your head...I either want more coke or need some dope..no nostalgia ..although I watched the whole lord of the rings series while coming off a long IV coke Bender with no dope or benzos and I now have ill will towards those movies.

Maybe the metabolites from the dopamine that is released when you do coke reminds you of times in your life that released dopamine naturally, and you get into that same state you do after you meet a girl or play well at a performance or what have you...

I don't know, but that makes sense to me.

Maybe the metabolites from the dopamine that is released when you do coke reminds you of times in your life that released dopamine naturally, and you get into that same state you do after you meet a girl or play well at a performance or what have you...

I don't know, but that makes sense to me.

Yeah this is what I suspected as well.

This is something I noticed recently.

When I come down off coke, after the initial horrible part of the comedown passes, I hit this second phase where I just feel really nostalgic and wistful. It's not unpleasant actually. It's even kinda nice in a weird way.

i get the same feelings, once the paranoia passes i begin to remember the good times and wish i could turn back the clock
it makes me both happy and sad at the same time its weird im upset but find it oddly enjoyable

Yea i like to take ice then weed to come down off coke. I call it 'Pritty Brown Eyezzz'. Anyone know where I can get some napthia? anyone?

I have never experienced that with cocaine but when I stopped smoking weed when I was 19 I could literally feel my memory coming back. I had been smoking it since I was 14 and smoking it daily, up to half an oz of different strains per day, since I was 16 so that was 3 years of solid use and a a year of still rather regular use.

When I stopped (I had to as I was in prison) I could feel my memory returning and it felt great. It wasn't that I no longer forgot things and got distracted mid-action due to being stoned. That was happening, but I was also remembering past events that I had totallt forgotten and things stored in my head were at my beck and call not lost in a haze of weed smoke. It was great. I got out of jail when I was 22 and I never started again after that. I have had the odd few pulls on a joint but I never got back into it and now I don't smoke it at all.

It was weird being the only person I knew who would take E's and snort coke and do whatever else but didn't smoke weed.

I have the same thing with amphetamines. It takes me right back the that aweful time when I was a speedfreak and felt like that 24/7. It's not a good feeling of nostalgia though, but it is one nonetheless.