Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Codeine First Timer ; Bliss and Depression

10C

Bluelighter
Tried Codeine for the first time on Thursday night, which was the first time I tried any kind of opiate/opioid.

t - Took 75mg of Codeine from a Promethazine w/ Codeine syrup. NASTY, so so nasty.

T- 00:35 - Laying in bed, listening to trance. Feeling a warm face, which feels nice. Not even really paying attention to the music now.

T - 01:00 - Music sounds really nice, but not as much as I was expecting, feeling warm waves would cover me, like a warm blanket was covering me but had no blanket on, such a nice mellow and relaxed feeling. I would feel the warmth from my feet to my head.

T- 1:30 - Still getting nice waves, but so tired that I fall asleep.

Next day: I woke up fine, feeling a bit weird though, like out of it. Went to a friends house before school and took two hits from his bong (Ive never smoked weed before). I was depressed the whole day at school, just felt like shit. Usually I talk to people, am energetic, crack jokes, Friday I just felt depressed and did nothing the whole day. Today I am feeling fine, like I was before taking the Codeine, but I am wondering, is this depression possibly from the Codeine or from the weed. I am thinking that it is from Codeine.

Dude, Next time mix the prometh/codeine syrup into some sprite! All about the purple drank! haha. Next time add like 150-200 mg of codeine....well at least that does it good for me.

I don't know about codeine being related to depression, I guess it could be a factor.

Haha. I will make purple drank next time, we have so much sprite too. I still have a whole bottle of Prometh/Codeine syrup.

After looking on wikipedia, one of the side effects of using Codeine is depression, at least I know its not from the weed!

Man I went through like two bottles of prometh/codeine in a few months haha. . Also drank just tastes like candy, so it goes down better than just drinking the syrup.

But be careful with the codeine/prometh man.....don't do it to often.

Depression from Codeine? News to me . . . Codeine actually makes me very happy and has NO negative come down like stimulants.

Promethazine is powerful depressant

Tried Codeine for the first time on Thursday night, which was the first time I tried any kind of opiate/opioid.

t - Took 75mg of Codeine from a Promethazine w/ Codeine syrup. NASTY, so so nasty.

T- 00:35 - Laying in bed, listening to trance. Feeling a warm face, which feels nice. Not even really paying attention to the music now.

T - 01:00 - Music sounds really nice, but not as much as I was expecting, feeling warm waves would cover me, like a warm blanket was covering me but had no blanket on, such a nice mellow and relaxed feeling. I would feel the warmth from my feet to my head.

T- 1:30 - Still getting nice waves, but so tired that I fall asleep.

Next day: I woke up fine, feeling a bit weird though, like out of it. Went to a friends house before school and took two hits from his bong (Ive never smoked weed before). I was depressed the whole day at school, just felt like shit. Usually I talk to people, am energetic, crack jokes, Friday I just felt depressed and did nothing the whole day. Today I am feeling fine, like I was before taking the Codeine, but I am wondering, is this depression possibly from the Codeine or from the weed. I am thinking that it is from Codeine.

Promethazine is a powerful general depressant often used as a premedication for anaesthesia. That is the entire reason for feeling tired the next day. Promethazine is also very good as a sleeping medication. Can last as long as 1 day so if you plan to use it don't expect to be fine next day. A tip- a cup or two of strong coffee next day should overcome the lingering depression.
Hope that helps!

Depression from Codeine? News to me . . . Codeine actually makes me very happy and has NO negative come down like stimulants.

+1

yeah your little depression was the weed.
codiene would give you a little nice afterglow.
but your masked it with weed.

I always feel slugish when I smoke in the morning.

i guess any drug could give you depression, although in general people use opiates to eleviate (sp?) the symptons of anxiety and depression-unfortunately it is much more likely to be the weed, although it probably had more to do with having to get through the school day tired and after-baked.. try smoking weed on a nice sunny day with nothing to do before or afterwards- never fails to get me smiling :)

Haha. I will make purple drank next time, we have so much sprite too. I still have a whole bottle of Prometh/Codeine syrup.

After looking on wikipedia, one of the side effects of using Codeine is depression, at least I know its not from the weed!

Dont forget to throw in a jolly rancher!!!

75mg isnt that much. try like 150-200 or so for a goood hit. used to take 6 of my 30/500mg (codeine/paracetamol) tabs (for broken sternum :p) in school and just sit and relax... make sure you dont mix with alcohol though... it will FUCK YOU UP

Why do people always discount the effect of the weed? I have had some crazy depressive / anxious / angry experiences on weed before.

I think in your case, the weed was the reason for your depressed feelings the next day.

The only time an opiate makes me depressed is when it wears off. It's not like when a stimulant wears off and your like "Fuck me I'm going to die", it is alot more subtle. Be careful not to make opiates a habit but I'm glad you liked the euphoria.

I use to dose codeine a fair bit a few years ago when i had access to 30mg prescription codeine pills, dosing upwards of 250-300mg at a time, i never really experienced any depression.. even though the drug itself has been noted for it, but i believe this to be after prolonged frequent use.

The unwanted side-effect that took its toll on me was the damn itch! I felt so itchy all over as it began to wear off.. which is why i could never get into it for too long. But codeine was a nice introduction to opiates for me.. i enjoyed the experiences more then any other drug, which was warning enough for me to keep far away from harder opiates.. i enjoy it far to much.