Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Codeine/220 mg - Opiate virgin - Never noticed how cozy the world was before

Pagey

Bluelight Crew
Felt like sharing my very successful first experience with codeine. I'd never taken anything other than alcohol, weed or benzos before and I've always been curious about opiates, so I went to get some codeine at the pharmacy this morning (it's OTC here, I love France lol). I also bought some antihistamines since I was told codeine can match you itch like mad.
About 3h10 ago, I took a couple antihistamine pills and 10 mn later, around 220mg of codeine. I layed down in bed and waited. After about half an hour had passed I was a little disappointed because it's supposed to take effect after 15 to 30 mn and I still couldn't feel much - just a little relaxed, like when you're a bit tipsy or something. Then I think I dozed off for about 10 mn or so, and for the next couple hours everything kept building up. At first I got veeeery relaxed, absolutely and perfectly comfortable, and the music I was listening to sounded a billion times better than usual. I kept having these sort of day dreams, it was weird, I mean I was dreaming but at the same time perfectly aware of what was going on and feeling awake...I didn't really get any euphoria, more just a sense of contentment and perfect satisfaction. I layed there in bed with my music for a bit under 3 hours but I swear, I felt like 20 mn had passed. Then I eventually tried to get up to go to the bathroom and I ran into the wall like 5x on the way, my head was spinning like crazy. It wasn't actually unpleasant though, strangely enough. But now I'm feeling a little nauseous and the world is starting to spin a little too much XD but anyway yeah totally an awesome experience. To sum up:
Positive effects: very mild euphoria (satisfaction), intense relaxation, huge comfort, vivid and extremely nice day dreams, the feeling of being out of this world
Negative: mild nausea, intense vertigo/head spinning. Oh and dry mouth but that's not too annoying
(Oh and I didn't get any itching at all, looks like the antihistamines worked!)

Edit: hmm, well I just threw up so I think the 'mild' in front of 'nausea' maybe isn't that appropriate, sadly. I'm guessing maybe I took a bit too strong a dose for a first time.

Last edited:
Nice report, probably a bit of a high dose.

Just don't like it too much, so many people tread quietly down the path to opiate addiction, myself included. Avoid ever using opiates with regularity is my suggestion.

What X-koth said, less is more... if you keep an experience like that down to 2 or 3 times a month, you can have a nice time with opiates. I've yet to see anyone actually keep it to two or three times a month.

I though I could, 5 years ago, and I'm a stubborn hard working fucker. Hell I've even trained for/ran a few marathons, one of the most physically and emotionally exhausting and hard things to see to a finish. I started taking a lortab here and there, and now I have a habit, albeit one that is milder compared to others. Been at the same intake for a little more than two years... 40-100mg hydro or oxycodone (or a combo of the two) daily, and a sniff of opana here and there, or .5-2mg suboxone daily when I am "taking a break" which is half the time.

Honestly, and I would say I am a rare example, but the pills have been a positive part of my life in terms of physical and mental relief. I have ADD and rheumatoid arthritis (RX'ed 80mg vyvanse/day currently, sometimes switch back to regular dex xr). BUT, and a very big but (lol) but it takes so much discipline. I'm in my early 30's, a hard working educated professional that has an ability to think critically, have a hard reduction mindset, and take advise from people on this board that certainly know what they are talking about.

So, out of my ramble, I say, be honest with yourself. And understand that opiates are a BULL. Almost impossible to take by the horns, and will very likely jam you in the ass if not SUPER careful.

Take heed; there are more than enough warnings on this site along. If you don't trust this site, simply google opiate withdrawal and observe the thousands of first hand accounts of people in physical hell because of a habit gone bad. It's so easy to slip, it's so easy to fall.....

This is an interesting bump, considering where this trip report eventually led...

Hope you're doing well now Pagey...

I felt about the same when I first experienced with codeine. I felt very loopy and such.

I felt nausea as well, sorry you threw up dude!
%)

Amazing how quickly CWE codeine becomes a habit, and incredibly sad.
Hope you're doing well, Pagey. Haven't seen you post in while.
<3

Sounds like any beginning of an opiate addiction - here's hoping you don't go down that way. <3