• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Overdose

Ahorsewithnoname

Greenlighter
This is my first bluelight post. I'm 24 years old. I first used cocaine when I was 17. I would use it maybe once a month at most. I stopped using it completely when I was 19. I started using again about a month ago. Yesterday when i got off from work I picked up an 8 ball and went home. When I got home I did about 4 lines in an hour. I had one shot of jack daniel's and half a beer. Then i took a hit out of my bowl of some good high quality bud. As I exhaled I started feeling sick. My heart was racing. My chest was hurting. I started feeling dizzy and light headed. It kept getting worse. I decided to drive to the hospital and wait in parking lot to decide if I wanted to go in. I sat in the parking lot for 5 minutes and I kept feeling worse, so I decided to go in. I walked up to the desk and told them I had horrible chest pains. They gave me a wheel chair and told me to wait for assistance. By this time I feel like my heart is about to explode. 5 minutes goes by and I tell them please hurry, I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack. Someone finally comes and leads me to a bed in the back. They hook me up to a heart moniter and my heart is beating 160 beats per minutes. They ask me If i'm on any drugs and I tell them no (stupidly). My heart beat is going up constantly and hits 175. My whole body starts tingling and going numb. I start convulsing. I finally decided to tell them I'm on cocaine. They got mad at me for not being up front with them, which I understand. My heart beat hits 185, and i honestly believed my life was almost over. The heart monitor is beeping like crazy. After five minutes of my heart beat at 185, it slowly starts going down, leveling off at 160. Every ten minutes or so it would go up again, and then back down. It did that for an hour. They gave me some pills that would lower my heart rate. As the night went on i started returning to normal. I was released from the hospital the next morning.

Sorry for the long post especially since it's my first, but I'd live to hear everyone's opinion on my experience.

How close do you think I came to dying?

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
That's tough to say how close to dying you were. I have had friends od on cocaine and they just collapsed mid step and started turning blue. I have come close a couple times. I basically stood in front of the mirror for a couple hours trying to breathing and swearing to god if he would let me live through it I would never touch it again.

Sorry for the long post especially since it's my first, but I'd live to hear everyone's opinion on my experience.

How close do you think I came to dying?

woah that sounds fucked mate hope ur okay now. had a similar experience when i combined mdma, coke and mephedrone over the course of 12 hours. for ages i just thought it was a panic attack but my BPM was at like 170 just sitting still and ended up in hosp.
but yours doesn't sound like a panic attack vis-a-vis the seizure (thats what you meant by 'fit', yh?)

its hard to say how close, you might not have died at all, maybe just passed out or perhaps had a stroke (just a little stroke) but however close you came it was too close regardless, hope you can take something away from that shitty experience and make more informed decisions in the futuree.

185 is pretty high. If you have normal rhythym this isnt life threatening for a young and healthy adult but it's no fun. The problem is if your heart slips into a dangerous rhythym which could easily happen on cocaine. If they gave you pills then they were not too concerned otherwise theyd have administered drugs via IV.

I'm pretty experienced with the stuff. I've done 7g in a couple days, highest heartrate was 135. It's hard to OD on unless it's cut with shit. Wasn't uncommon for me to do an 8b in a night (once did one in like 45min) never ODd.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think since I was drinking and smoked a bowl it had an influence on my heartrate. I heard cocaethylene is really cardiotoxic. I'm planning on doing an anhydrous acetone wash on my dope as well. Thanks again guys!

All three substances you took by their natures raise the heartrate. Cocaine and alcohol together is a more cardiotoxic substance than either one alone.

I don't know that a half beer and one shot and one bowl of weed would have adversely affected the 4 lines you did earlier, but OD'ing on cocaine is very easy. It's one of the most common causes of death/cardiac arrest/deaths in the US. It depends on the purity of the cocaine. If it's on the purer side, use LESS for it WILL raise your heartrate and BP, and wait at least and hour or 1.5 hours between lines.

You should have told 'em you had some booze, a bowl of MJ and lines of coke. Could have ended the tragedy sooner. Alcohol can fuck up your heart rhythm and cause atrial fibrillation or cardiac arrhythmias if you binge-drink. And cocaine stresses the heart muscles, causing them to work harder. Not recommended to combine the two at all.

I hate how thedude11 says it's hard to OD on it while Cocaine_Brain says it's easy to OD on it. Those are two drastically different opinions. From now on I'm just gonna take it slow and pay attention to what my heart is telling me.

I hate how thedude11 says it's hard to OD on it while Cocaine_Brain says it's easy to OD on it. Those are two drastically different opinions. From now on I'm just gonna take it slow and pay attention to what my heart is telling me.

for what its worth, its much easier to od than most people think.

The comment that cocaine is hard to OD on is stupid. I respect peoples choices to do what they want with their bodies but its completely wrong to spout off stupid shit like that. If youre going to use cocaine or any substance then know the risks and dont fool yourself. Using cocaine is a huge risk, too much for my tastes.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their opinions with me. I really appreciate it. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Im gonna be much more careful when using it. ODing sure scared the hell out of me. I would never touch it again but the euphoria it gives is the best feeling I've ever had. Plus I'm very productive when on it at work.

When I started doing coke again I did a couple of lines at my friend's place then we smoked a nice sized joint. I had to run home and let my dog out and going up 17 stairs I got a real head rush. I've noticed over the years that smoking pot after a few big lines gets me really high. For me pot seems to be a big potentiator with coke.