• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine & Opiates

benwe18

Greenlighter
Cocaine/MDMA & Opiates

I am very aware of the fact that "uppers and downers should not be mixed together" but in a scenario where someone chooses to ignore that...

My question is that assuming the estimated total duration of an opiate like Codeine for example is 3-6 hours, if you were take say 200mg of Codeine and then say 12 hours after further ingest for example 250-300mg of Coke... How exactly would that sit?

Edit: Also... same scenario applies again. If a further 24hrs after that you took around 125mg of MDMA would you be pushing it too much? Or...?

Last edited:
The danger with mixing opiates and strong stimulants is that if you take them at the same time you might take too much of one. Then when the one with the shortest duration wears off you will either be dangerously overstimulated or dangerously sedated.

With the way you intend to use them you shouldn’t have a problem. Just don’t mix them together at once. Also i would wait a little longer after the coke to do mdma.

Benwe18, I see that you're fairly new around these parts, so on behalf of myself, the staff and the rest of the community, we're glad to have you and look forward to having you make meaningful contributions to our little cult. As we are dedicated solely to Harm Reduction philosophy, the caution in which you're approaching your usage of drugs deserves a little bit of praise. I'm sure you've heard numerous horror stories about combining these drugs. It is in fact a dangerous practice, but just like anything else really, if you practice caution and don't do anything stupid, you won't hurt yourself.

Most of the folks that you've probably heard of who have died from the combination have been seriously heavy users, like, they're regularly using enough Opioids to kill themselves and their stimulant usage is barely keeping them from flatlining. Of course, this practice doesn't usually last long. Purity changes, people make mistakes because they're intoxicated and they will typically die from respiratory arrest following the metabolism of the Cocaine/stimulant. Your primary concern is with Opioid overdose, as the stimulants will make you feel that you can take quite a bit more.

But, case in point, the dosages you are playing around with are pretty reasonable. 200mg Codeine is nothing crazy. It is not enough to kill provided you don't have a genetic anomaly that makes you hypersensitive to it. My advice would be to carry on with whatever stimulant usage you desire and then use the low dosage of Codeine to ease the comedown phase.