• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam and alcohol

bookina

Bluelighter
It's my first post, I hope I won't do anything wrong.
So swim has almost no tolerance to benzos (swim took clonazepam maybe 3 times, several months ago), but when swim used it swim was not very sensitive to it. Is there a way to mix clonazepam and alcohol to ensure that you just sleep a lot, without either dying or blacking out and doing things swim might regret? Which dose is too much (everything I could find was from people who have tolerance, so I don't know whether it applies) swim just wants to spend less time being me.
Thank you

Last edited:
It's my first post, I hope I won't do anything wrong.
So swim has almost no tolerance to benzos (swim took clonazepam maybe 3 times, several months ago), but when swim used it swim was not very sensitive to it. Is there a way to mix clonazepam and alcohol to ensure that you just sleep a lot, without either dying or blacking out and doing things swim might regret? Which dose is too much (everything I could find was from people who have tolerance, so I don't know whether it applies) swim just wants to spend less time being me.
Thank you

First of all, we don't SWIM around here, we know it's you.

Without any tolerance to benzos you should be VERY careful combining it with alcohol.

There is no dose that is or isn't safe, it's dependent on too many factors.

Just go really slowly.

Start with a Klonopin dose that BY ITSELF feels good but not TOO sedating and wait like a good hour to know how you are feeling on it cause it takes 30 mins for me to kick in.

I'd personally recommend not exceeding 1.0mg.

Then I would SIP your drinks and not pound them, and not use hard liquor cause it takes effect too quickly for you to easily judge the combo.

I would suggest you not actually drink enough to get drunk but just a mild buzz.

If you aren't drinking to the point of drunkeness and the benzo dose didn't feel overwhelming by itself you are more likely to be ok.

Remember you won't feel the full effects of the alcohol for probably 30 mins after you finish each drink.

I have combined alcohol and Klonopin hundreds of times and only ONCE did I black out but that one time was enough for me to learn that it CAN happen to anyone and you need to be careful.

Granted, the one difference that time was I hadn't taken Klonopin for 9 months so I'd lost my tolerance and then had like 12-14 drinks in 2 hours which was a bad idea.

Going slowly and keeping dosages of both Klonopin and booze low is probably what most people will suggest.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. And good thing to know. I just want to make sure it won't be dangerous, as the entire internet says "don't mix them, you'll die". Thanks.

oh you'll sleep alright ha that and you wont know wtf you did when you wake up and that's if you're lucky
plenty of other things can happen, you can hurt yourself or someone else hell you can prob even wake up in jail again not knowing wtf you did
but seriously dont go taking a klonopin or any other benzo willy nilly and go on a binge session with booze
by adding in either one in combination is like throwing gasoline on a fire

That's kind of the reason why I asked the question... To make sure I'd stay in the sleep zone and not cross in the black out-crazy behaviour part.

That's kind of the reason why I asked the question... To make sure I'd stay in the sleep zone and not cross in the black out-crazy behaviour part.

there is no definitive threshold to cross to enter a black outand the worst part you wont know you are in a black out
just dont mix them i mean you wont die from a OD per say more of respiratory failure
benzo's and booze essentially do the same thing so i would say take a good dose of klonopin or just get drunk

Thank you. (It's hard to know how things really work, since many people here have much more tolerance than i do and I have no idea how much that matters and actually influence things. And basic google just tells me "don't, you'll die" which seems.... oversimplified.

Thank you.

Thank you. (It's hard to know how things really work, since many people here have much more tolerance than i do and I have no idea how much that matters and actually influence things. And basic google just tells me "don't, you'll die" which seems.... oversimplified.

Thank you.
well a benzodiazepine is a CNS(central nervous system) depressant and alcohol is also a cns depressant
the reason people usually say "don't, you'll die" is because when mixed both alcohol and benzos will affect the CNS at dangerous levels which can cause respiratory failure
even drinking large amounts of booze can cause respiratory failure...you'll basically cause your CNS to go to sleep in a nutshell and if that happens your cns wont send the signal to breathe
but that is worst case scenario

the most common thing but also very scary is that but you'll basically roofie yourself g
you'll most likely go into a black out, people have even used benzos as a date rape drug
you'll either wake up not knowing what happen, do something stupid and not remember or wake up in jail because of something stupid you did and still not remember
anything
can also hurt yourself or someone else people have even driven during a black out

doesnt sound like a fun time to me

So. I decided to first "test" my sensitivity with 0.5mg and 2 drinks. Except since it is a test, I'd rather do it in a public space so that, in case it actually did something terribly wrong, like stopping my breathing, well hopefully, someone would realize it. But.... then it means I may be less than in control in a public space (I live alone, so in case of anything going wrong... not cool.)
Does that seem reasonable?

So. I decided to first "test" my sensitivity with 0.5mg and 2 drinks. Except since it is a test, I'd rather do it in a public space so that, in case it actually did something terribly wrong, like stopping my breathing, well hopefully, someone would realize it. But.... then it means I may be less than in control in a public space (I live alone, so in case of anything going wrong... not cool.)
Does that seem reasonable?

you wont stop breathing if you keep the booze intake and benzo dose in moderation
say you take 10mg of klonopin and down a 12 pack then yeah expect to have breathing issues
ive mixed xanax before with no issues and i mean a .25mg dose and a beer or 2 really just felt as if i drank a 6 pack usually followed by falling asleep

if you must do it try a .25mg dose and drink a beer or 2 and see how you do and i would try to space out the dose and the drinking as far apart as possible
saying dont chase the klonopin with a beer because then yeah youll be asking for trouble

in all reality its not a must do combo all you feel is heavy sedation and feel shit faced faster and stronger than without a benzo
i would honestly just drink and keep the klonopin for another day

i dont see why people insist on mixing them its like putting out a fire with a flame thrower

My main question with this, that I have been wondering for awhile...I know that kolonopin has a strong half life . 30-40 hours and even at that point it is only out of your system by 50%. So, say if I took a kolonopin yesterday and decided to have a few beers today...would it still affect me? I'd assume as much, that it would. Also, after long term use of kolonopin..let's say 5+ years or more...would it never completely be out of a person's system until they decrease the dosage? I'm worried about this because at times I may take a half of a 0.5mg early in the day...then later I may drink few beers. I'm assume this is being spaced out properly but it's still so uncertain. I would like to know if this is an interaction to worry about

But really, when it comes down to it...any pills mixed with alcohol...the outcome is always uncertain.

Old post I see, but it is one of the top search results for Klonopin and Alcohol, so I thought i'd give my two cents from the perspective of one who has a high alcohol tolerance but little benzo tolerance in case someone with a similar background wants answers. The full effects of Klonopin will kick in around 1-2 hours, so I'd recommend waiting until after that to start thinking about drinking to see how it affects you, as it is different for everyone. You likely won't feel the same "drunk" effects as you might on medications like diazepam or chlordiazepoxide, but when combined with alcohol the effects of said alcohol will be greatly enhanced by the Klonopin. For a good rest, I'd recommend something like 0.5 mg or 1 mg and 3-6 drinks without having to worry about your breathing stopping. I would recommend increasing the dosage of alcohol instead of the Klonopin if needed as, though it might not seem like it, is a very powerful benzo with long lasting effects.

DB

Hey I'm new to bluelight and was wondering if I can drink 5 shots after my dose of about 8mg clonazepam and about half Mickey (Canada 375ml 40% alcohol) and haven't blacked out if a take a dream of about 5 weeks would that amazing feeling come back I also have Gabapentin to up the buzz usually take 300 mg 4? (300mg about a half hr apart because the staggerin method is much superior) would any of these help? Again I've taken a 5 week break and just got 30 1mgs and 25 0.5mgs so what 42.5mg althother along with other stuff oh yes I always have my Suboxone that would help increase effects although I not to experienced with this any info would be appreciated thank you :)

Mixing Alcohol with benzos is a bad idea in my opinion. I've done it in the past with Xanax and alcohol, each time I blacked out... and that was on 2mg xanax and 2 beers... the synergy is real.

It is known fact that it can slow down your heart to a dangerously low bpm and even kill you. It's actually one of the deadliest drug mixes. How some people can handle this, or contemplate to mix them with opioids without fearing for their life is beyond me.

I've only started using ALC to potentiates the effect along with green an Gabapentin it's word that even with this combo I free berry little often I'm using then as the Ame time I need some Xanax lol alright I'm exaplemely self controlable drug users so if I get Xanax i had used once every few weeks with n
No ALC at all

Hey I'm new to bluelight and was wondering if I can drink 5 shots after my dose of about 8mg clonazepam and about half Mickey (Canada 375ml 40% alcohol) and haven't blacked out if a take a dream of about 5 weeks would that amazing feeling come back I also have Gabapentin to up the buzz usually take 300 mg 4? (300mg about a half hr apart because the staggerin method is much superior) would any of these help? Again I've taken a 5 week break and just got 30 1mgs and 25 0.5mgs so what 42.5mg althother along with other stuff oh yes I always have my Suboxone that would help increase effects although I not to experienced with this any info would be appreciated thank you :)

That sounds pretty dangerous. Theres a lot of downers in there.. which can potentially stop you from breathing but the biggest danger is, as said above, blacking out and doing stupid stuff that can either get you killed or seriously fuck up your life ( like a dui or getting fired from your job etc)

I have combined 4 mg clonazepam with 25 mg of valium and drank 4 beers. I am tipsy, but can control my actions. Granted...I have a tolerance to both benzodiazepines and alcohol so i my family may suspect a mild high but it's controlable. I will nod out later..... But that's what I like. I understand this is a hasten reduction site but I'm just relating my experience. I don't recommend this combo for those who have no torrance. I an about to eat dinner which will help me come down and nod out. That's my experience.

You would get a better nights rest without the alcohol and it is incredibly dangerous to mix benzodiazepenes and alcohol as it can cause CNS depression.

Old thread but I thought this wasn't a new thread as it covers this topic.
Several years ago I was in really bad relationship. Like most it was great at first, I began living with her. I was already an alki and drug ubuser she knew. In fact she kinda seduced me by tossing all her rxs at me and allowed me to take as I wanted (she didnt use). Some were great, benzos and opiates.
Somwhere down the road I feel for her, fell in love. SHed wanted me months before.
A year later she began sleeping with another. Id be waiting for here, all night to come home... very depressing and sleepless nights. I ways already an alcoholic and user. These nights Id pop 3-5mg of clonazepam with several shots of gin. I wasn't trying to get high, I was trying to calm down from the panic.
Id fall asleep for 3 hours, then the nightmares jarred me awake. So I got up to repeat the alc and pill combo. Bad times. I awoke every few hours and in the morning no problem.
Looking back that was an extremely dangerous ritual. I'm lucky nothing bad happened out of it.

for me only a couple of shots and maybe a half mg or 1 mg of clonazepam, i'd be passing out. i remember one night having a few drinks and benzos, i woke up with my sister trying to get into the bathroom while i was on the floor passed out with glass every where. i told her it was an emergency and she should use my mother's bathroom. she was only like 11, i feel bad for putting her through that shit. today she smokes weed, probably uses other drugs, and drinks a little every now and then. idk benzos and alcohol is no joke though, can't say the feeling is really worth the risk.

i didn't read this whole thread, but the OP seems like he's asking for trouble. benzos in my opinion, you can sleep on and wake up feeling great, but that's totally different mixing with alcohol.