• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam Advice

SheStaysHomeNow

Greenlighter
I am on the same dosage with just a few weeks on constant usage. I have been 8mg a day of klonopin for several years, and had to kick that in jail. I fear taking the benzos, but can't seem to get through daily life without.

I am a new user, and cant post my own thread, but any advice to someone that's been taking one to three mg clonzapam for about six weeks 4 of them being daily or almost daily?
I also must add I have a legitimate panic disorder and GAD issue as well as epilepsy.
I'm trying to avoid the hell that was 8mg a day WD

Hi and welcome to the forums. I moved this to your own thread so you would get better advice. Just to clarify, how much clonazepam are you taking daily and regularity of usage? (on average)

Clonazapam is a longer acting benzo so the addiction sets in harder. I take alprazolam for years and am not dependent, but I dose once daily at night. If you need it there is no problem staying on 1-3mg/day. WHen you want to get off start spacing out your doses. Benzo W/D is painful.

Clonazapam is a longer acting benzo so the addiction sets in harder. I take alprazolam for years and am not dependent, but I dose once daily at night. If you need it there is no problem staying on 1-3mg/day. WHen you want to get off start spacing out your doses. Benzo W/D is painful.
The reverse is actually true. There is a reason why doctors tapering people off shorter acting benzos such as alprazolam or lorazepam eventually transition them to longer-acting benzos, though diazepam and chlordiazepoxide are the benzos of choice for that purpose.

But 8mg clonazepam a day is insane and given that you had to kick it in jail cold turkey where they couldn't give less of shit, without major medical complications is a minor miracle.

Bottom line advice, see a doctor and get on a diazepam or chlordiazepoxide taper.

You honestly deserve a trophy or medal and I?m not being funny at all. That is like being a survivor of some sort of life/death situation. That must have been, absolutely, horrendous. I don?t even want to think about the details. You sir, are a beast, and yes I agree. I don?t want to be dependent and hijacked by a chemical that?s complicated to obtain and in certain situations where I cant have it, I go through a severe withdrawal. I don?t want my life dictated by anyone or anything anymore. Good on you my man, I?m quitting high opiate habit and small benzo habit as well.

I recommend you check out valicordin, it?s a Russian medicine that?s legal you can order online on amazon I think or at a local pharmacy and it helps, it has valerian root extract in it as well as a good amount of other herbs that alleviate anxiety and release natural gaba in small amounts. Kinda like a benzo kratom type thing