Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Clonazepam - 5 MGs - First Time

Skylinex9973

Greenlighter
Fred got prescribed some medications, he thought it would be fun to take 10 .5MG pills. At within 20 minutes he was feeling very relaxed, did not feel like moving at all, about an hour in to it he was stumbling to his bedroom, made it to his bed and felt extremely tired. Not eyes are heavy tired, but his head was tired. He felt tingling through his body, he tried to force himself to stay awake but he couldn't. This was at 4pm. His friend then arrived at 6pm with some food and woke him up, apparently he got up and had some food but he does not remember a thing. The last thing he remembers is watching a YouTube video then that's it. After food SWIM apparently went back to bed about 6:30. SWIM woke up at 4am.
As for the effects he felt at the start, was nothing too exciting. Not alot worth describing. (Unless he can't remember how it felt)
Too much of a dose?
Swim would not use again.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_clonazepam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
WAY too high a dose, 5mg of klonopin is a huge dose for someone without a lot of tolerance. 1mg would be better. However, benzos likeklonopin really aren't good recreational drugs, the "high" is subtle, and causes a lot of memory loss if you push it higher. Amnesia is guaranteed from even a lower dose than 5mg, if you don't have tolerance. I have honestly never felt high from benzos, they were designed to be very selective in reducing anxiety without much else. They're very good for reducing anxiety on an occasional basis but they're also extremely physically addictive and dangerous to withdraw from (you can have seizures and even die from them if you just suddenly stop after being addicted to them for a while).

By the way we don't use SWIM or other third-person references to yourself here, because it does absolutely nothing to protect you and it makes posts annoying to read. No worries, I know some forums require it. Welcome to Bluelight! :)

I absolutely agree with Xorkoth. This class of drugs does not get me high. I remember when they replaced barbiturates in the 70's most people were pissed because they were not Seconal or Tuinals. Those gave a pleasant sedating state that could be called high. When someone I knew had their Amytals replaced with Valium that was the end of using pills for kicks. I never get high from this class of drugs. I rarely take them too, maybe if I need to sleep on a rare occasion. The amnesia is concerning. And to me, to feel sober and then the next day not remember the night before when you felt sober certainly is not a high to me.

I really think this class of drugs are for people who really have anxiety problems and have absolutely no recreational value. (IMO) I am also shocked at how many people that don't need it start taking it everyday for a high and get addicted to something that shakes up their life like nothing else. I have seen people fail at getting off and just stay on. Caution is for sure required.