• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Clean once again

IceDancer

Bluelighter
I've been sober 2 weeks so far! I'm pretty amazed how well it's going for me. If you don't know i used to shoot Crystal methamphetamines daily until i went into a rehabilitation center for an entire year. I got out and relapsed and used for a few months. I've been sober gor 2 weeks now. Proud of myself!

Now the only problems i face is these rad headaches i been getting since i stopped. The next are the wicked dreams. Dreams of going to the needle exchange and using dope and snapping out and killing somebody. I'll wake up thinking it's real until finding out it's a dream. I have gotten my energy back way faster than last time.

Any suggestions on getting healthy again? And how you stay clean?

Great job on the two weeks!!! What helped me recover quicker was to get on a regular schedule - went to bed and got up at the same time. I also took a good multivitamin (Garden of Life is excellent), and began eating healthy (clean). I forced myself to exercise for an hour a day, even if it was just walking, which is normally what I did because it got me out of the house and in the sunshine. I also learned how to meditate and do yoga.

What's your recovery plan? Where are you staying, are you doing any therapy or outpatient, going to meetings? How do you spend your days?

I'm hitching rides to aa meetings with my sponser. I'm at my dads living right now. Doing odd jobs around the house for money to start my hitchhiking and rail riding travels going again. I walk the dog a pretty hefty walk and play with him. Once i get back out on the road it's pretty easy for me to stay clean bcause I'm always on the go. Besides the city's but i tend to stay away from them, unless I'm in a big city.

My sleeping pattern is getting better. Not the best, but getting there. I have been spending my days playing ps3 games. Instead of using my extra 50 on dope i bought a baseball game.

That's great! Walking the dog is productive and I think video games are fantastic tools in early recovery (or any time for that matter) to help with hand/eye coordination, logic, decision making, and passing time sober. I can't say anything about your plans as I can't relate to that type of life, except it sounds very interesting and liberating. You must have some fantastic stories. I've always envied people who can live that way - what a wonderful adventure. I regret not traveling when I was younger, but I was too addicted and wouldn't have been able to keep my head. One day I would love to sell the house and get an motor home and just cruise. Honestly, I'm probably too chickenshit to actually do that but it's fun to think about. Do you plan where you want to go or just let it happen?

Yeah it's a huge learning experience. Hitchhiking has changed me and a few people i know. It makes you isolate yourself from modern life and people. (Pretty much hate in my opinion.) It gives you more respect and love for nature.

Sometimes it's really scary and sometimes it's fun. I've gotten into some nasty situations that put the fear of god into me. For me i was traveling with out money and just my backpack. So food was hard to come by at first and i learned as i went along.

This up and coming travels are going to be planned out. I want to see the top 5 biggest cities in the United States. I also want to go to Texas to see one of them killer storms. It's good I'm only 21 cause i have lots to learn and see.

The few things that discourage people from hitching is getting murdered and raped cause people always tell stories about that happening. Being robbed, and running out of food. Them are the risks you have and have to accept them. Besides that it's cool and adventurous.

I'm only 21 so i have lots to learn and experience.

Hi and congrats for your clean time!

I've always gave a ride for hitchhikers if they were going to same direction I was going to. It is good to get someone to discuss with and I've heard a lot of stories of life from total strangers during those long rides.

Travelling is a good way to stay busy and learn a lot new stuff and for me keeping busy is a way to cope with anxiety.

So, the clean time didn't last long. I used some pain pills today. I'm ashamed and glad i didn't go back to the meth. I just don't have the desire for methamphetamines anymore. Just me thinking of them make me feel sick and thinking of staying up makes me uncomfortable.

I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, but SWIM was able to quit METH through the use of L-Tyrosine.

SWIM went from weed-ecstacy-cocaine-meth in the span of 3 years. But SWIM was a meth addict for 10 months. SWIM's first 3 months was almost weekly(oral/snorting), until SWIM learned to smoke it, and did it almost every other day until SWIM realized he's been addicted for 10 months. SWIM started using it for exams, projects and papers, until SWIM "needed" it for tiny tests, homeworks, basic studying, and later on SWIM just needed it in general (to get up in the morning). SWIM's brain was f*cked. SWIM wasnt productive anymore like he was at the beginning. Meth was on SWIM's mind EVERY SINGLE DAY. So that was SWIM's addiction. SWIM is very young mind you(19 years old now).

NOTE: Swim had depression even before he started doing drugs.

SWIM is now 3 months sober, and three months feels like three years if you are an addict. SWIM feels like meth is way far behind him, not even looking back. SWIM still remembers how SWIM felt as an addict and couldn't even empathize anymore (like, "ew that was me?"). SWIM may sound overconfident but SWIM can tell you that he looks at meth with disgust now. SWIM isnt "fighting" to stay sober, SWIM is actually embracing and loving soberiety.

One day SWIM discovered L-Tyrosine, at first SWIM used it to try to boost my meth high and learned to use it for comedowns. All of a sudden, SWIM's addiction weakened, and with a little bit(literally not even a lot) of willpower, SWIM was able to quit it all together. NO CRAVING, no nothing. SWIM felt weird shifting from an addict to suddenly not even wanting to do meth anymore. SWIM didn't even have to go through withdrawal or anything.

SWIM takes 1500mg of L-tyrosine(its SWIM's tested perfect dose for SWIM) daily first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This is because if their are any other amino acids in your blood, it can bond with them and not be able to cross the so called "blood brain barrier" and become dopamine(do your own research on that). But with all that dopamine produced, u need something to RELEASE it (in my experience), so SWIM started drinking coffee and tea, SWIM also still smokes cigarettes. Tyrosine makes SWIM feel content (happy) like meth does (on a lower scale of course), but without the palpitations and vasoconstriction and dehydration that meth gives SWIM. Basically, for SWIM, tyrosine is kinda like meth that doesn't destroy your body. It keeps your dopamine receptors at bay SWIM guesses (to keep you from looking for drugs).

Tyrosine gives SWIM the will to do other things besides drugs, like to socialize, study, read, meditate, work out, and do other recreational activities. When SWIM was doing meth, the only thing on SWIM's mind was trying to physically survive (eat, sleep, manage finances, do meth). SWIM was in a horrible place and didn't even feel it because of meth's euphoria. Only when SWIM was sober did he realize where he was, and that meth was gonna bring SWIM down very soon (was losing money, failing subjects, losing friends). Im a student in one of the top universities in my country, so I had A LOT to lose.

After 2-3 weeks sober, SWIM knew he had to start doing normal people sh*t, or else SWIM would have no ladder to climb and could potentially look back to drugs. So SWIM started forcing himself to talk to people and make new friends(not easy as a former meth addict). SWIM was having severe social anxiety and was noticeably awkward around people. But SWIM had the will to improve his life and kept trying despite the difficulty. Now SWIM feels like he is on the right path again. Body is back to recovering, so as his social life, finances, and interest in this world.

Not sure if SWIM is sober, or just shifted his addiction to L-tyrosine.

STRESS IS NORMAL, it keeps you doing what you have to do. Living without stress takes away the excitement in life. Normal people feel depressed, anxious, and stressed, not just you. You must embrace these negative emotions the same way you embrace positive ones. Every time you feel stressed, just think, at least im not doing meth anymore. When bad sh*t happens in life, you have to take it. When you fail, go get sad! You can't be happy all the time, thats ignorance. When you feel like sh*t because your'e not on drugs, shift it to feeling like shit because of life problems. Don't fix it with drugs, just FIX IT.

L-Tyrosine works! I typed this sober!

TLDR' SWIM was addicted to meth for 10 months and L-tyrosine became his alternative. Technically, SWIM is sober. AND SO CAN YOU!

I've been sober 2 weeks so far! I'm pretty amazed how well it's going for me. If you don't know i used to shoot Crystal methamphetamines daily until i went into a rehabilitation center for an entire year. I got out and relapsed and used for a few months. I've been sober gor 2 weeks now. Proud of myself!

Now the only problems i face is these rad headaches i been getting since i stopped. The next are the wicked dreams. Dreams of going to the needle exchange and using dope and snapping out and killing somebody. I'll wake up thinking it's real until finding out it's a dream. I have gotten my energy back way faster than last time.

Any suggestions on getting healthy again? And how you stay clean?

I have had those insanely realistic dreams, often similar or identical to what you described. I don't like sleeping much anymore.

Staying active in life helps (work, school, vacations, etc). Hobbies, music, reading. :)

Congrats on your two weeks.

I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, but SWIM was able to quit METH through the use of L-Tyrosine.

SWIM went from weed-ecstacy-cocaine-meth in the span of 3 years. But SWIM was a meth addict for 10 months. SWIM's first 3 months was almost weekly(oral/snorting), until SWIM learned to smoke it, and did it almost every other day until SWIM realized he's been addicted for 10 months. SWIM started using it for exams, projects and papers, until SWIM "needed" it for tiny tests, homeworks, basic studying, and later on SWIM just needed it in general (to get up in the morning). SWIM's brain was f*cked. SWIM wasnt productive anymore like he was at the beginning. Meth was on SWIM's mind EVERY SINGLE DAY. So that was SWIM's addiction. SWIM is very young mind you(19 years old now).

NOTE: Swim had depression even before he started doing drugs.

SWIM is now 3 months sober, and three months feels like three years if you are an addict. SWIM feels like meth is way far behind him, not even looking back. SWIM still remembers how SWIM felt as an addict and couldn't even empathize anymore (like, "ew that was me?"). SWIM may sound overconfident but SWIM can tell you that he looks at meth with disgust now. SWIM isnt "fighting" to stay sober, SWIM is actually embracing and loving soberiety.

One day SWIM discovered L-Tyrosine, at first SWIM used it to try to boost my meth high and learned to use it for comedowns. All of a sudden, SWIM's addiction weakened, and with a little bit(literally not even a lot) of willpower, SWIM was able to quit it all together. NO CRAVING, no nothing. SWIM felt weird shifting from an addict to suddenly not even wanting to do meth anymore. SWIM didn't even have to go through withdrawal or anything.

SWIM takes 1500mg of L-tyrosine(its SWIM's tested perfect dose for SWIM) daily first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This is because if their are any other amino acids in your blood, it can bond with them and not be able to cross the so called "blood brain barrier" and become dopamine(do your own research on that). But with all that dopamine produced, u need something to RELEASE it (in my experience), so SWIM started drinking coffee and tea, SWIM also still smokes cigarettes. Tyrosine makes SWIM feel content (happy) like meth does (on a lower scale of course), but without the palpitations and vasoconstriction and dehydration that meth gives SWIM. Basically, for SWIM, tyrosine is kinda like meth that doesn't destroy your body. It keeps your dopamine receptors at bay SWIM guesses (to keep you from looking for drugs).

Tyrosine gives SWIM the will to do other things besides drugs, like to socialize, study, read, meditate, work out, and do other recreational activities. When SWIM was doing meth, the only thing on SWIM's mind was trying to physically survive (eat, sleep, manage finances, do meth). SWIM was in a horrible place and didn't even feel it because of meth's euphoria. Only when SWIM was sober did he realize where he was, and that meth was gonna bring SWIM down very soon (was losing money, failing subjects, losing friends). Im a student in one of the top universities in my country, so I had A LOT to lose.

After 2-3 weeks sober, SWIM knew he had to start doing normal people sh*t, or else SWIM would have no ladder to climb and could potentially look back to drugs. So SWIM started forcing himself to talk to people and make new friends(not easy as a former meth addict). SWIM was having severe social anxiety and was noticeably awkward around people. But SWIM had the will to improve his life and kept trying despite the difficulty. Now SWIM feels like he is on the right path again. Body is back to recovering, so as his social life, finances, and interest in this world.

Not sure if SWIM is sober, or just shifted his addiction to L-tyrosine.

STRESS IS NORMAL, it keeps you doing what you have to do. Living without stress takes away the excitement in life. Normal people feel depressed, anxious, and stressed, not just you. You must embrace these negative emotions the same way you embrace positive ones. Every time you feel stressed, just think, at least im not doing meth anymore. When bad sh*t happens in life, you have to take it. When you fail, go get sad! You can't be happy all the time, thats ignorance. When you feel like sh*t because your'e not on drugs, shift it to feeling like shit because of life problems. Don't fix it with drugs, just FIX IT.

L-Tyrosine works! I typed this sober!

TLDR' SWIM was addicted to meth for 10 months and L-tyrosine became his alternative. Technically, SWIM is sober. AND SO CAN YOU!

We don't use SWIM here, it provides you no legal protections and is annoying as hell, though I understand it is etiquette on other forums. Please review BLUA and the BL Tips.

Thank you.